• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. How are there people in NBA-Age in NYC and we haven't all gotten together to watch a game/troll a game live/drink/eat wings or something? That's a travesty, boys.

B. I don't care how much Knicks tickets get, as they've always been expensive. If they win a championship even once before I die, I'm good.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
captmcblack said:
A. How are there people in NBA-Age in NYC and we haven't all gotten together to watch a game/troll a game live/drink/eat wings or something? That's a travesty, boys.

B. I don't care how much Knicks tickets get, as they've always been expensive. If they win a championship even once before I die, I'm good.

Collect some e-mails and organize it!

Kobe was outplayed on both sides of the court by Wade in the last 6 minutes of the game. He was getting beat on screens and taking poor shots on the other end due to Wade's defense
fouling
. Gasol was taking way too long to get into attack mode when he got the ball so he was largely ineffective when they tried to feed him.

captmcblack said:

Stout is actually a pretty great sports bar right by the Garden, been there a few times in my travels through the city. Big screens, good burgers, good mac & cheese from what I remember.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Stout is actually a pretty great sports bar right by the Garden, been there a few times in my travels through the city. Big screens, good burgers, good mac & cheese from what I remember.

Yeah, it is.
I believe me and Frankman went there to watch the draft this year. A couple of plates of wings were had, followed by some incredulous screams at drafting someone called Landry Fields and someone else called Andy Rautins. Good times.

NYC-GAFfers in NBA-Age, can we go out for wings/booze/basketball? Seriously.

SUPREME1

Banned
Laker loss + Screening of Red Riding Hood = Worst night ever?

I think so.

At the very least the loss should humble a Lakers squad who was getting a little high on themselves. Also, Pau might become an issue if he doesn't get his head on straight and man up in the playoffs.

Moving on...

LovingSteam said:
Laker loss + Screening of Red Riding Hood = Worst night ever?

I think so.

How bad was it?

dIEHARD said:
Can you pass the Nets while you're at it?

First 3 game win streak for the Nets in 2 years... thanks Deron.

Deron didn't even play against the Warriors, and I don't think he's playing tonight.

masud

Banned
KingGondo said:
The Knicks, Heat and Lakers--the teams of the average man. Bring your kid to the game... as long as he has a trust fund!
Thunder tickets are cheap because they were forcefully taken from their rightful fans, kinda like blood diamonds...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
dIEHARD said:
Can you pass the Nets while you're at it?

First 3 game win streak for the Nets in 2 years... thanks Deron.
Making up 4 games with only 16 left is tough, but that would be awesome. I'd love to finish with 5th or 6th worst record. Fuck the lottery.

Rodeo Clown said:
We're passing you tonight, Washington! Believe.

Love outweighs Jeremy Evans by 70 pounds. I love Jeremy and hate Love, but that's a horrible matchup. I have no idea why Favors isn't starting tonight except for that Corbin is insane.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Love outweighs Jeremy Evans by 70 pounds. I love Jeremy and hate Love, but that's a horrible matchup. I have no idea why Favors isn't starting tonight except for that Corbin is insane.

He probably doesn't want Favors having 3 fouls in the first quarter.

KingGondo

Banned
masud said:
Thunder tickets are cheap because they were forcefully taken from their rightful fans, kinda like blood diamonds...
Everything's cheap here, and we like it that way!

They have been increasing ticket prices ever so slightly though.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Two big games tonight, Clips at Nets, Jazz at Timberwolves. Rooting harder for the Clippers than the Jazz :(. I wish Darko was still out, he's one of the few guys right now who can handle Al. Raja Bell is going to make Wes Johnson look like a basketball player as well :(.

Is DWill playing tonight?

SUPREME1

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
How bad was it?

Laughable at times. Predictable (and bad) dialogue. Pretty bad overall... with lots of cheesy moments. It's also aimed at the Twilight crowd, except I doubt they put much money into this one.

3/10

That Sefreid (sp?) chick is hot though.

Black Mamba said:
No, that's still not irony, only a common misconception of what irony is. irony is not when the opposite of what you expect happens.

An example closer to irony in this example would be Lebron hitting a game winning 3 (from down 2) at the buzzer as Spoelstra argues for something with the refs mid-play, gets called for double techs after the shot goes in (since the refs don't stop the play) and Kobe nails both FTs to ice the game.

Coincidence and opposite of expectation is not irony. Situational irony is when it's as if fate is taunting you (ie a diabetic killed by an insulin truck).

/English Language in NBA-Gaf

Wow, you are one stupid, conceited mother fucker, aren't you?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity

I don't need your fucking lessons, dumbass.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:

DON'T DO 'EM LIKE THAT, CHUCK!

Charles Barkely said:
"Listen, I like Dwyane a lot, I like LeBron a lot," Barkley said. "They're really starting to get on my last damn nerve. Listen, I've heard Dwyane say it twice, I've heard LeBron say it twice, that 'America is happy now' that the Miami Heat are losing. First of all, Dwyane, let me break it to you, you know I love you, nobody cares about the Miami Heat. The only people who hate the Miami Heat are the Cleveland Cavaliers fans. Nobody else cares about y'all. We just want you to play better and stop whining. Stop sitting at every press conference like somebody killed a family pet. It's annoying."

Spittin' dat truf

COTDAYUM

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TheAtomicPile said:
Wow, you are one stupid, conceited mother fucker, aren't you?

I don't need your fucking lessons, dumbass.
The fuck? What is this shit? You're not charsace. Go take a timeout.

dIEHARD said:
Sullinger 2/12 so far.. this draft sucks. Barnes/UNC looking like they might lose too.

JONAS VALANCIUNAS BABY.

Sullinger is kind of weird prospect, but Z-bo managed to succeed with no size or athleticism either and a similar skill set. I doubt Sullinger declares anyway.

edit: Sullinger's final line is insane and Kevin Love esque. It looks like he had his shot blocked like 17 times but managed to flop 9 of those blocks into trips to the line.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
JONAS VALANCIUNAS BABY.

Sullinger is kind of weird prospect, but Z-bo managed to succeed with no size or athleticism either and a similar skill set. I doubt Sullinger declares anyway.

edit: Sullinger's final line is insane and Kevin Love esque. It looks like he had his shot blocked like 17 times but managed to flop 9 of those blocks into trips to the line.
16-18FT?? 2-12FG? 0AST? 0STL? 0BLK?

I hate him already.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So mad.

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
16-18FT??
"Damn, I wish we still sucked so I could draft that glorious beast..."

Presti_Sam_sea_071002.jpg

lol, Jazz are telegraphing the fact that they want Kanter so badly. Well, if they still want him after working him out, that means his knees cleared medically so I'm perfectly fine with that pick. He's going to be rusty for a while but the Jazz can have Memo play his minutes next year. He has high bust potential due to the layoff, but he has huge potential as well. A 7'0 Boozer would beast.

reilo said:
16-18FT?? 2-12FG? 0AST? 0STL? 0BLK?

I hate him already.

I would be more surprised if you didn't hate a player compared mostly to Zach Randolph and Kevin Love.

edit: One of the two reasons Jonny Flynn got drafted is on ESPNU.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I would be more surprised if you didn't hate a player compared mostly to Zach Randolph and Kevin Love.
Actually, I appreciate Zach Randolph's play when he decides to get into the paint and just outsmart/outquick everyone in the post. He's an amazing back-to-the-basket player and he has a huge knack for grabbing rebounds.

The problem I have with Zach is that he'll also take a ton of stupid shots and isn't efficient enough for my liking considering his skillset.

ToxicAdam

dIEHARD said:
Sullinger 2/12 so far.. this draft sucks. Barnes/UNC looking like they might lose too.

I've watched OSU all season long and Sullinger makes Demarcus Cousins look polished.

The only kid I am impressed with is that one from Baylor. But, I have only seen him play twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom