• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
peterb0y said:
So my last post was partly ironic, but mostly just echoing shit I overheard leaving the AAA... that being said, I don't understand how LA's frontcourt doesn't crush ours. I mean, Z was grabbing boards, Mike Miller was HUGE for us, and even Bosh was able to assert himself. Perplexing.

Still pumped about the win though

Ahh come on man lets be honest you weren't being ironic. Plenty of people ride the drunk crazy train after they watch a live game. The hyperbole runs strong.

peterb0y said:
So my last post was partly ironic, but mostly just echoing shit I overheard leaving the AAA... that being said, I don't understand how LA's frontcourt doesn't crush ours. I mean, Z was grabbing boards, Mike Miller was HUGE for us, and even Bosh was able to assert himself. Perplexing.

Z only had 3 reb. Mike Miller killed it.

Pau + Lamar = 10 rebounds

Miller + Chalmers = 12 rebounds.

That was the game right there. The bench lost the game (or won it for Miami).

PBY

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahh come on man lets be honest you weren't being ironic. Plenty of people ride the drunk crazy train after they watch a live game. The hyperbole runs strong.
Haha maybe I was just being drunk, but seriously, I'm verry worried about playoff series against Boston and Chicago. I'm hopeful, but I don't see this being our year.

That being said, Bosh sacked up tonight- I have hope for maybe repeat performances in the future

exarkun

Denver is for-fucking-real. Taking the suns out back for a whooping.

I need a Gallo floating head stat. Or Afflalo. Actually, make that Afflalo. Will suck dicks.

AND FUCK YOU Wince, for getting stupid hot against the rockets, then laying a GIANT turd against the Nuggets. With only a marginal difference in defense. Fuck him.

peterb0y said:
Haha maybe I was just being drunk, but seriously, I'm verry worried about playoff series against Boston and Chicago. I'm hopeful, but I don't see this being our year.

That being said, Bosh sacked up tonight- I have hope for maybe repeat performances in the future

Yeah they looked good. Lakers were playing dumb ass ball which hasn't happened in just enough games to make it particularly sting right now.

overcast

The Frankman said:
Oh yeah it'll go 6 or 7 and would be fun. Of course people will say "Oh the rivalry is rekindled!!" and stupid crap like that... no. Both teams are radically different now. It's not even a rivalry now anyway.
Yeah the media will get hard about that series. Gonna be ridiculous.

Kogepan

exarkun said:
Denver is for-fucking-real. Taking the suns out back for a whooping.

I need a Gallo floating head stat. Or Afflalo. Actually, make that Afflalo. Will suck dicks.

AND FUCK YOU Wince, for getting stupid hot against the rockets, then laying a GIANT turd against the Nuggets. With only a marginal difference in defense. Fuck him.

Lawson/Felton combination is devastating. Wait till Gallo gets back so they can stop playing that stiff Harrington.

Srsly, if Denver didn't go and sign harrington to that ridiculous contract last summer they would be in SUCH a strong position go ahead...

Duki

Banned
benita said:
Explain how it's an act when he's actually out there doing work?
hes practicing free throws and twenty foot jumpers

in games he shoots 30 footers and kills any chance for his team to win

thats how its an act

I got busy during the final quarter(Missed a good game) but heard DWade stepped up and took back control of HIS team. I a DWade fan too and bout time he showed the team whos boss.

Duki said:
hes practicing free throws and twenty foot jumpers

in games he shoots 30 footers and kills any chance for his team to win

thats how its an act

Yeah that last shot was pretty fucking bad.

I wasn't pulling for the Heat but I do love me some irony.

benita

Banned
Hey ph33nix, remember this?

benita316 said:
One guy (Kobe) has 3 rings, one guy (Lebron) has zero.

One guy's been swept in the finals, one guy hasn't.

One guy "led" team USA to a bronze medal, one guy took over and won them a gold.

One guy is the consensus best closer in the league, one guy committed 8 turnovers in the 4th quarter and OT of a must win game. Same guy had 4 terrible 4th quarters in 6 games.

One guy's going to the finals, one guy's going fishing.

ph33nix said:
This post is absolutely full of win. But just to be clear, it was Kobe AND Dwyane who led the team to Gold.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i hate him for more of the bad shots he took in the first 3 quarters than the ones late in the game. im so used to seeing him make crazy shots near the end i almost dont blame him.

That being said we would have won if Kobe was atleast decent this game. The Postgame workout shows me he is taking the blame

exarkun

Kogepan said:
Lawson/Felton combination is devastating. Wait till Gallo gets back so they can stop playing that stiff Harrington.

Srsly, if Denver didn't go and sign harrington to that ridiculous contract last summer they would be in SUCH a strong position go ahead...

I initially thought Felton was a bum. I still don't like his shot selection, but he can pass and penetrate. I knew Lawson would be good because he had that drive, and one of the best PG's in the game teaching him how to play. Now that Big Shot is gone, he gets to step up and has done so very well.

Harrington isn't bad...its just he's not worth the money. I think they might be able to get rid of him. And if they do, this may be one of the best "young" teams I've seen in a while. Its a young team done right, dunno the last time I could say that (without a huge superstar).

peterb0y said:

What time did you show up to the game?

The Frankman said:
Charles: "Winning by playing all offense has never been done before... it's like you grabbing a check, never been done before."
Kenny: "Like you saying no to dessert, never been done before!"

I love Inside The NBA.
Best sports show on TV, believe.

Black Mamba said:
You love what you do not understand?

So you don't see the irony in a situation where a guy who is hailed as one of the top closers in the league gives away a game in the last minutes against a team that has been universally criticized as one of the worst at closing out games?

If you can't see the irony in that, I'm afraid you're the one that's struggling with the definition of irony.

TheAtomicPile said:
So you don't see the irony in a situation where a guy who is hailed as one of the top closers in the league gives away a game in the last minutes against a team that has been universally criticized as one of the worst at closing out games?

If you can't see the irony in that, I'm afraid you're the one that's struggling with the definition of irony.

No, that's still not irony, only a common misconception of what irony is. irony is not when the opposite of what you expect happens.

An example closer to irony in this example would be Lebron hitting a game winning 3 (from down 2) at the buzzer as Spoelstra argues for something with the refs mid-play, gets called for double techs after the shot goes in (since the refs don't stop the play) and Kobe nails both FTs to ice the game.

Coincidence and opposite of expectation is not irony. Situational irony is when it's as if fate is taunting you (ie a diabetic killed by an insulin truck).

/English Language in NBA-Gaf

Branduil

Watching the Cheat/Fakers highlights... man, Kobe got completely embarrassed defensively on that last Wade basket. And yeah Z totally goaltended that shot.

"[Dwyane] Wade fouled the s--- out of me," Bryant said with his feet dipped in a bucket of ice water after the game. Bryant was referring to the 3-pointer he attempted with 1:06 left and the Lakers down 90-88.

"It was clearly evident," Bryant said. "They missed it. ... He fouled the hell out of me, they just missed it."

Wade was credited with a block.

"I couldn't make that, he hit my whole arm," said Bryant, who had made his previous two 3-point attempts at the time, including a long 28-footer to tie the score at 88. "That's why I went so short. ... I should have been shooting three free throws."

Bryant said even Wade assumed he would hear a whistle after the play.

"He was surprised they didn't call a foul," Bryant said. "He came out and said, 'I fouled the s--- out of you!'"

Wade said after the game that he didn't foul Bryant.

l
o
l

Heat got some questionable calls down the stretch but each bad call could have been erased by Pau or Lamar manning up and stopping Mike f'n Miller from grabbing an offensive board...

I can't put the blame on Kobe, simply because he forced Wade into 9-23 shooting for 20 points...last few shots down the stretch be damned.

I actually would place the blame on Steve Blake and Matt Barnes...both of which gave up a few open 3's, had shit rotations and allowed their guys to hit shots.

Barnes keeps going to teams and signing bad deals--hoping that he'll be rewarded for his discount play. Unfortunately he is going to be gone again...injuries, bad D, meh.

Blake looks like a bad signing right now. Dudes a bum. See if you can trade some assets to pick up JIMMER.

JaMarco

Dark FaZe said:
Barnes keeps going to teams and signing bad deals--hoping that he'll be rewarded for his discount play. Unfortunately he is going to be gone again...injuries, bad D, meh.

Blake looks like a bad signing right now. Dudes a bum. See if you can trade some assets to pick up JIMMER.
I never really understood why Laker fans were so excited about those signings in the offseason. Blake has always been terrible at everything except shooting 3s. And I remember Barnes being absolutely horrible in that BOS vs ORL series last year.

SamuraiX-

thetyrekeevans
Prayers goes out to everyone in Japan God Bless!!!! 

Good for Tyreke for looking out.

8.9 just hit off the coast. This is even worse than the 8.8 that hit Chile last year. Casualties already in the hundreds waves are supposed to be hitting Hawaii and the West Coast soon.

Did Screaming A really just blame the entire Laker team other than Kobe for the loss last night? Kobe's shot selection in the second half was some of the worst I've seen all season and this is coming from a person who witnesses the CJ Miles Experience.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Did Screaming A really just blame the entire Laker team other than Kobe for the loss last night? Kobe's shot selection in the second half was some of the worst I've seen all season and this is coming from a person who witnesses the CJ Miles Experience.

You let Kobe go because those shots go in half the time.

When the rest of the team isn't boxing out for rebounds and is laying down a red carpet to the basket for the opposition, it's easier to just blame the rest of the guys.

SamuraiX- said:
You let Kobe go because those shots go in half the time.

When the rest of the team isn't boxing out for rebounds and is laying down a red carpet to the basket for the opposition, it's easier to just blame the rest of the guys.

No, those shots don't go in half of the time for Kobe, he was jacking up shots that were 20% looks. Pick-and-pop with Gasol or Pick-and-roll with Bynum (Whoever was being guarded by Z) instead of those shots would have lead the Lakers to victory. It doesn't matter that much, I doubt Kobe enters that level of KoMe mode in the playoffs, but if you're breaking down why the Lakers lost the game, it's pretty clearly on Kobe.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ph33nix said:
dude raging you ok over there?? I hope your part of the country didn't get hit...

What part of the country? New York City? Cause thats where I live.

dIEHARD said:
Gone from Utah for good?

:(

Hey, your bad for not hanging out while you had a chance. been in NYC for 4 months now

numble

Raging Spaniard said:

Hey, your bad for not hanging out while you had a chance. been in NYC for 4 months now
How does NYC compare to SLC? Pretty similar?

Raging Spaniard said:

never mind i mis-read it lol

anyways what neighborhood you in
i live in a puerto rican one. but that's not you!

KingGondo

Banned
Nate Robinson just re-tweeted this re: the tsunami:

His plan is to keep us thinking Jesus is coming so we can all be saved and be with him in heaven. Disasters will happen to wake us all up!

Get off my fucking team. I'm sure the families of the victims are glad that their loved ones died so that we can all realize we need to become Christians.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
numble said:
How does NYC compare to SLC? Pretty similar?

SLC is different from any place in America. Its like youre in a self sustained funny little country. NY is pretty amazing.

ph33nix said:
never mind i mis-read it lol

anyways what neighborhood you in
i live in a puerto rican one. but that's not you!

Im in Brooklyn, close to Crown Heights.

Two big games tonight, Clips at Nets, Jazz at Timberwolves. Rooting harder for the Clippers than the Jazz :(. I wish Darko was still out, he's one of the few guys right now who can handle Al. Raja Bell is going to make Wes Johnson look like a basketball player as well :(.

numble

Raging Spaniard said:
SLC is different from any place in America. Its like youre in a self sustained funny little country. NY is pretty amazing.

Im in Brooklyn, close to Crown Heights.
Please tell me more about this funny little country. I've always wondered. I live in NYC right now, so I don't need to know about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom