• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Stout is actually a pretty great sports bar right by the Garden, been there a few times in my travels through the city. Big screens, good burgers, good mac & cheese from what I remember.

I pass Stout everyday on my way to work. Always a good time, been there a few times. It's a prime spot for St. John's alumni gatherings too.

Meeting Knicks-age in person? Just madness!

captmcblack said:
A. How are there people in NBA-Age in NYC and we haven't all gotten together to watch a game/troll a game live/drink/eat wings or something? That's a travesty, boys.

B. I don't care how much Knicks tickets get, as they've always been expensive. If they win a championship even once before I die, I'm good.
Look dude. I've already told you about a meetup. You keep dragging your feet... so I'm throwing it out NOW. One of these Fridays we are doing a Knicks-GAF Friday Night Knicks Meet and Greet.

Shadow780

The Frankman said:
Look dude. I've already told you about a meetup. You keep dragging your feet... so I'm throwing it out NOW. One of these Fridays we are doing a Knicks-GAF Friday Night Knicks Meet and Greet.

That'd be nice, although I hate the current Knicks.

I can see it now ... me rocking the blue and orange jacket and blue and orange sneaks, captmcblack hating on everything in sight, Fatalah with his St. Johns jacket and "
I love Mozgov!" pin, DCX with his Starks jersey (or was it Ewing?), maybe Raging Spaniard comes along so I can pass along some decent cosplay tips to his wife.
Shadow780 said:
That'd be nice, although I hate the current Knicks.
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Just wait til they're back, it should be fun.
dantonifu.jpg

nah it's ok you can come too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Frankman said:
I can see it now ... me rocking the blue and orange jacket and blue and orange sneaks, captmcblack hating on everything in sight, Fatalah with his St. Johns jacket and "
I love Mozgov!" pin, DCX with his Starks jersey (or was it Ewing?), maybe Raging Spaniard comes along so I can pass along some decent cosplay tips to his wife.
This sounds like a cross between a nerd version of Jersey Shore and an ICP concert. wtf.

Frankman is right though - I would, in fact, get drunk and start hating indiscriminately on anything and everything in sight.

But it'd be funny, though...and whatever it was I was saying, I'd probably be right.

Except for where it concerned Gallinari and Fields. I was admittedly wrong on those two...they're good players.

captmcblack said:
Frankman is right though - I would, in fact, get drunk and start hating indiscriminately on anything and everything in sight.

But it'd be funny, though...and whatever it was I was saying, I'd probably be right.

Except for where it concerned Gallinari and Fields. I was admittedly wrong on those two...they're good players.
I still remember our reaction when Fields was drafted. We just looked at each other and walked out of the bar, hilarious.

We should meet up sometime and plan shit. Call a brother, mang!

NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire's 16th technical foul was rescinded Friday by the NBA league office, making him eligible to play Sunday for the New York Knicks against the Indiana Pacers.

Stoudemire and Dallas Mavericks center Brendan Haywood were given double technicals when they became entanged in the first half of the Knicks' loss to the Mavericks Thursday night.

Both technicals have been rescinded -- something Stoudemire predicted would happen after he spoke to referee Bennett Salvatore during the game.

Stoudemire now has had three technicals rescinded, and his season total remains at 15. He will begin receiving one-game suspensions when he reaches 16 techs, and for every second technical (Nos. 18, 20, 22, etc.) he receives thereafter.

Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic, who has had four technical fouls rescinded, remains the league leader with 16. He served a one-game suspension Monday night.

Carmelo Anthony (12 technicals) and Chauncey Billups (10 techs) of the Knicks also are drawing closer to the threshold for incurring one-game suspensions
Thank God.

TheAtomicPile said:
Wow, you are one stupid, conceited mother fucker, aren't you?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity

I don't need your fucking lessons, dumbass.

1. calm down. no need for ad hom attacks. No one is going to listen to someone who attacks their intelligence.

2. Yes, but the definition means different that what you realize. It means that when someone does something and the opposite of their intention happens. It does not mean that since Kobe is considered a closer and Miami not and the opposite happens we are witnessing irony. Something closer would be like Kobe attempting a dunk and it bouncing off the back of the rim and bouncing all the way to the Miami basket and going in.

The key to that definition of situational irony is the intention of the person doing stuff. Your current interpretation would mean that every upset in sports is ironic. That is obviously not true.

And yes, I am on a crusade to undo the damage done by Alanis Morrisette.

Since this is so far off topic by now that I'm sure no one even knows what we're talking about anymore, I'll just say that I'll take the word-for-word definition from Webster over the condescending rants of a know-it-all kid on Neogaf.

Hollinger said:
And after the game, it was still about him, with his grandiose hey-look-at-me-working-out show succeeding brilliantly in sucking all the attention from his fit of self-indulgence at the end of the game. (News flash: American Airlines Arena has a practice court. I've been on it. It's nice and big and everything. But it's tough to herd all the media up there to fawn over your postgame workout.) If I were Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum, I would have made an equally big show of going out to the court and standing helplessly in the paint calling for the ball while Bryant practiced his shots, just to add an extra element of realism.

I love Hollinger.

masud

Banned
Damn I wish I could go to the NY/Knicks age meet up but I'm stuck here in the western conference.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I love Hollinger.

Damn. That shit that makes your soul burn slow...

TheAtomicPile said:
Since this is so far off topic by now that I'm sure no one even knows what we're talking about anymore, I'll just say that I'll take the word-for-word definition from Webster over the condescending rants of a know-it-all kid on Neogaf.

That's so ironic.

thekad

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
And after the game, it was still about him, with his grandiose hey-look-at-me-working-out show succeeding brilliantly in sucking all the attention from his fit of self-indulgence at the end of the game. (News flash: American Airlines Arena has a practice court. I've been on it. It's nice and big and everything. But it's tough to herd all the media up there to fawn over your postgame workout.) If I were Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum, I would have made an equally big show of going out to the court and standing helplessly in the paint calling for the ball while Bryant practiced his shots, just to add an extra element of realism.

mhmm

masud

Banned
You know, I always thought Alanis Morrisette was trying to be ironic by making a song about irony that didn't have any real examples of irony. Guess I was wrong.

TheAtomicPile said:

The definition is correct, your understanding of it is not. I'm no kid, but if you wish to believe so, go right ahead. My apologies for trying to help you better understand the words which you use. I mean no condescension, I'm just miffed at how improperly the term is used.

Kind of like "I could care less," when that makes no sense.

That's so ironic.

:heatbench

It's like rain on your wedding day...

don't make me hurt you!

masud said:
You know, I always thought Alanis Morrisette was trying to be ironic by making a song about irony that didn't have any real examples of irony. Guess I was wrong.
Black Mamba said:
don't make me hurt you!
... It's like a free riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide when you already paid...

DCX

DCX
The Frankman said:
I still remember our reaction when Fields was drafted. We just looked at each other and walked out of the bar, hilarious.

We should meet up sometime and plan shit. Call a brother, mang!
Call a brother for sure, i'm going to the game on Sunday..we should do something, maybe meet up with pheeknicks so i can give him the lifetime under achievement award in 2k series.

Speaking of Sunday i was pissed off i stopped watching last night, not cause we were getting blown, just the T that Amar'e picked up, which would have meant he would sit Sunday's game that i'm attending, thank based Stern for the good looking out.

BTW Ticket to be given to me by Knicks City Dancer :O

kcd.jpg

The poster that guesses which one she is, gets a gift!

DCX

KingGondo

Banned
Kendrick Perkins said:
“I’m just glad I got traded to a good organization, not a [expletive] organization”
Me too, Perk.

Marc Spears said:
Perkins also is getting closer to making his debut for the Thunder. He’s been sidelined by a left knee sprain he sustained shortly before the trade, but hopes to be back on the court for Wednesday’s game in Miami.
Nervous that he'll probably debut in such a big game, but I'm still excited just to finally see him on the court.

Puddles

Banned
I'll be in NYC in April or May. If it happens to coincide with a playoff game, and especially if that's against the Heat, I'll be a Knicks lifelong for a day.

reilo

KingGondo said:
Me too, Perk.

Nervous that he'll probably debut in such a big game, but I'm still excited just to finally see him on the court.
Perk did not say that. Did he?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
CBS Sports said:
As the Timberwolves limp to the 50-loss mark and beyond, it becomes a question of which number will be greater at the end of the season: Minnesota's loss total or Kevin Love's double-double streak, which reached a record 52 Wednesday night. Of far greater certainty is the status of coach Kurt Rambis, who appears to be on his way out after only two seasons. Though management won't make a final decision until the season is over, sources say there is significant push from within to make a coaching change. Atop the Timberwolves' list of potential successors is Bucks assistant Kelvin Sampson, one of the people with knowledge of the organization's thinking said.
PEACE

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If I saw Baron go to the Cavs, I'd be happy as shit with OKC too.

There are "[expletive] organizations" out there, so why front?

masud

Banned
DCX said:
Speaking of Sunday i was pissed off i stopped watching last night, not cause we were getting blown, just the T that Amar'e picked up, which would have meant he would sit Sunday's game that i'm attending, thank based Stern for the good looking out.

BTW Ticket to be given to me by Knicks City Dancer :O

kcd.jpg

The poster that guesses which one she is, gets a gift!

DCX
I'm gonna guess the one in the lower left corner. Primarily because I wanna smash.

reilo

Third and fifth from right on top row.

Yeah, I said and. Deal with it.

EDIT: Wait, we are guessing who gave the ticket? Thought we were just listing who'd we want to smash.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Boozer scammed out of a million dollars:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...parently-bilked-in-charity-based?urn=nba-wp53

There are many jokes to be made here.

karmasabitch.jpg

MorisUkunRasik said:
That's so ironic.

GOTDAYUM

KingGondo said:

Wow. You don't think that was a shot at Ainge, do you?

Rodeo Clown said:

I am so fucking happy for you right now you don't even know.

Look for me in the obituaries if Paul Westphal is still our coach next season.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
KingGondo said:
Kelvin Sampson?

Jeez. That's the best you can do, Minny?
College coaches are always slam dunks in the NBA.

Rambis is such a disaster that I don't care.

This right here is exactly why Rambis is going to be gone:
Rambis is cut from the Phil Jackson cloth of letting his players police themselves, and also has been at odds with Love for long stretches. A coaching change is something Love would not oppose, sources say.
Which is to say Love would like a coaching change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom