• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe is so lathered up he just mopped up the pool of sweat that dripped from him and fell on the floor where he's shooting at the foul line

lol. I think Kobe is trollin' heat, saying you don't cry when you lose, you work harder.

what he talkin' 'bout i thought it was just thursday lol

He does that after every loss, pretty much.

16-5 run by the Knicks to close the quarter (shitty pass Carter) so the lead is 14. No extended Garbage` time but Knicks bench HAS to defend and rebound better. Rebounding improved that quarter but Mavs bench vs. Knicks bench will be the key.
I don't think he allowed Stoudemire to turn and dribble.

I think the guy has to be facing you and you have to allow him at least one dribble.
this.

Blackface

Banned
More than an hour following the Lakers' loss 94-88 loss to the Heat on Thursday, Kobe Bryant was shooting jumpers on the American Airlines Arena floor, according to various Twitter reports.

Bryant was 6-for-18 on his jumpers, with his last make coming on a deep three-pointer with 2:26 remaining in the game. Bryant went onto lose the ball to Dwyane Wade off a dribble drive and have another three-pointer blocked by Wade on the Lakers' next possession.

A few possessions later with the Lakers down four, Bryant missed a jumper from nearly 30-feet away, which essentially ended the game.

"In more than a decade covering Kobe, I haven't seen him do this before," said Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rs_More_Than_An_Hour_After_Loss#ixzz1GGNo82Ft

Kobe in denial his career is just about over.

ahahaha massive goaltend by Tyson Chandler. His hand was through the rim, even the announcers got a chuckle.

Yeah Knicks need a timeout. They're playing sloppy out there.

Branduil

Fields was a million times less set than Brewer was on the last call.

Knicks 29 ft
Mavs 16 ft

Knicks are playing with 8 guys and still losing. Refs having a competition to see who can call the most BS fouls on Chandler.

brand, the answer was giver:
I don't think he allowed Stoudemire to turn and dribble.

I think the guy has to be facing you and you have to allow him at least one dribble.
Fields beat his man to the spot. Stop, Dallas is up 16. Just stop.

SamuraiX-

WojYahooNBA
Arena security guy on Kobe: "I've been here 8 years and never seen this before."
WojYahooNBA
Kobe has them feeding him ball off curls, in post and back to the deep corner. They keep looking at each other, as if to say: He won't leave
WojYahooNBA
Kobe's been going for over an hour now on AA Arena floor, covering every spot on the floor with jumpers. He's out beyond 3-point line now.
WojYahooNBA
Heat officlals are throwing everyone out of lower bowl now. They haven't tossed Kobe yet.

This is great. lol

Kobe thinks there's actually a chance they'll meet in the Finals so he's trying to find his sweet spots on the floor early.

Well with STAT sitting it looks like the Knicks have conceded. Nice to see Toney Douglas and company fight back after a horrible 1st half. 7th game in 10 days and this team came out like ass.

Kobe has never been my favorite Laker but all these tweets about him still working on his shot after this tough loss is pretty awesome.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
nugs about to go 6 - 2 post-melo?

I actually like the new look Nuggets.

linsivvi

Jamesfrom818 said:
Kobe has never been my favorite Laker but all these tweets about him still working on his shot after this tough loss is pretty awesome.

Better than twitting or crying in the locker room for sure.

Whoops Dirk looks like he might've hurt himself there... GG, JoeFu. Dallas came out fast and moved the ball in and out. Knicks just weren't hitting early and got killed.

I hope that tech gets rescinded, that was two guys playing hard...

Jamesfrom818 said:

I actually like the new look Nuggets.
yeah, they're obviously worse without Melo, but I don't think it's a huge drop off. really nice trade for them.

SamuraiX- said:
This is great. lol

Kobe thinks there's actually a chance they'll meet in the Finals so he's trying to find his sweet spots on the floor early.

according to one writer, Lakers leaving on plane tomorrow and Kobe usually does this in the morning after they arrive.

but i still think there's something else to this, lol.

In response to all the queries, Kobe is not mad. He said tomorrow is a travel day and he wanted to get his work in. Said it's "his job."
Bryant was in a normal mood for postgame interviews. Took questions patiently, not upset, looking ahead to Dallas.

Paul Coro
Raja Bell used to stay and shoot on the practice court after bad games all the time and never got any of the attention Kobe is getting.

lol, like the last one.

Branduil

peterb0y said:
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME AND WERE SO FUCKING BACK

LOVE THIS TEAM

WORLD CHAMPS 2k11-2k16 HERE WE COME
ty02m.jpg

JoeFu

Banned
Welp, happy Mavs won, still hate Rick Carlisle's stupid rotations. I don't get it. I know he wants to stick to his rotation schedule or whatever, but when the team is playing well let them stay in. Game was closer than it should have been in the fourth, even if they were up 11.

Charles: "Winning by playing all offense has never been done before... it's like you grabbing a check, never been done before."
Kenny: "Like you saying no to dessert, never been done before!"

I love Inside The NBA.

peterb0y said:
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME AND WERE SO FUCKING BACK

LOVE THIS TEAM

WORLD CHAMPS 2k11-2k16 HERE WE COME

Watching your inevitable melt down is going to be so damn entertaining once were in the playoffs.

Its not a big deal but I love hearing that Kobe is shooting around the court for a hour after the game ends.

The Frankman said:
Charles: "Winning by playing all offense has never been done before... it's like you grabbing a check, never been done before."
Kenny: "Like you saying no to dessert, never been done before!"

I love Inside The NBA.

That's great stuff.

overcast

The Frankman said:
Wait did Charles guarantee New York can't beat LeBron-led Miami?

AHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA CHARLES IS KILLING ME, DAMN SO MUCH HATE.
I don't see the knicks beating them. It should be close though. Can't guarantee it though.

Gigglepoo

SamuraiX- said:
This is great. lol

Of course there's a chance. Wade already proved once before that the best teams don't always win. The Heat could catch fire (ha!) and burn through the East before anyone realizes what's happening.

PBY

Banned
So my last post was partly ironic, but mostly just echoing shit I overheard leaving the AAA... that being said, I don't understand how LA's frontcourt doesn't crush ours. I mean, Z was grabbing boards, Mike Miller was HUGE for us, and even Bosh was able to assert himself. Perplexing.

Still pumped about the win though

overcast said:
I don't see the knicks beating them. It should be close though. Can't guarantee it though.
Oh yeah it'll go 6 or 7 and would be fun. Of course people will say "Oh the rivalry is rekindled!!" and stupid crap like that... no. Both teams are radically different now. It's not even a rivalry now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom