• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
Bynum is a better C. Last night was a good demonstration why. I know people around here like to shit on the kid, but when healthy he is top 5.

Chandler still makes offensive mistakes off the ball that by now he shouldn't make. Twice passes sailed out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to what he should be doing.

Bynum has his ups and downs, he's not always consistent. But he is definitely top 5among centers. When he's concentrated he can grab rebounds block and dunk like crazy. I wish he was just a little more consistent.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wtf are the Knicks doing? Another painful game to watch...

Edit: GET DOUGLAS THE FUCK OUT!!!! ARGHH!!

giri

Omiee said:
would you take him over kevin love
Depends on the team, but i wouldn't comapre them, one's a PF, the others a C, so not really a choice you have to make.

Black Mamba said:
Bynum is a better C. Last night was a good demonstration why. I know people around here like to shit on the kid, but when healthy he is top 5.

Chandler still makes offensive mistakes off the ball that by now he shouldn't make. Twice passes sailed out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to what he should be doing.

Bynum makes plenty of offensive mistakes too. He's also injured MORE than chandler, so adding the stipulation "when healthy" is sort of irrelevant. When healthy, Oden could be top 5. When health, roy IS top 5. When healthy, Tmac is top 5. All could very well be true, but we may never see the day.

Omiee said:
Bynum has his ups and downs, he's not always consistent. But he is definitely top 5among centers. When he's concentrated he can grab rebounds block and dunk like crazy. I wish he was just a little more consistent.

I think he's actually pretty consistent in his play. The difference is his legs are finally back so he's jumping higher and can move quicker.

giri said:
Depends on the team, but i wouldn't comapre them, one's a PF, the others a C, so not really a choice you have to make.

Bynum makes plenty of offensive mistakes too. He's also injured MORE than chandler, so adding the stipulation "when healthy" is sort of irrelevant. When healthy, Oden could be top 5. When health, roy IS top 5. When healthy, Tmac is top 5. All could very well be true, but we may never see the day.

Oden hasn't proven it. That's not the same thing. Roy was.

Bynum is top 5 right now as he's playing. Maybe the injury risk means you'd rather have someone not as good but that doesn't stop him being a top 5 C in this league as being true.

Bynum makes far fewer mistakes on offense. And his passing & recognition has improved a lot this season.

Bynum's impact on defense is very understated.

Tom Penny

C'z with a team record. Held the Bucks to 22 points in a half. 23% shooting. Not bad. Had me looking at records. The Suns scored 107 in a half before . How the fuck?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Red Blaster said:
And I thought the Bucks would win 50 games this year...for shame.
Why? Everything was against them. 3rd year of Skiles. Salmons doesn't give a fuck in non-contract years. Maggette and Gooden were not the answer.

giri

Black Mamba said:
Oden hasn't proven it. That's not the same thing. Roy was.

Bynum is top 5 right now as he's playing. Maybe the injury risk means you'd rather have someone not as good but that doesn't stop him being a top 5 C in this league as being true.

Bynum makes far fewer mistakes on offense. And his passing & recognition has improved a lot this season.

Bynum's impact on defense is very understated.
I can argue it.

C's i'd rather have.

Howard, Monroe, Jordon, Marc, Noah, Bogut, Lopez. You could argue maybe 2 of those guys, but i also excluded a few Horford, Hibbert, Nene that are as inconcsistent as bynum is. You throw the phrase top 5 around like it's nothing and / or a given. It really isn't, and even then, he slides in at the 5 spot, not above.

giri

Rodeo Clown said:
Why? Everything was against them. 3rd year of Skiles. Salmons doesn't give a fuck in non-contract years. Maggette and Gooden were not the answer.
I didn't mind the magette signing, but the Gooden one was terrible. Mainly cause he's terrible. I still don't mind magette as a 6th man for them. Boguts injurs all year hampers them more.

dIEHARD said:
Scrublas, get it right.
131-109

td_medium.jpg

Rodeo Clown said:

Continued improvement of Jennings + Illyasova + Mbah A Moute and the return of healthy Bogut. Also liked the idea of Maggette as instant offense from the bench.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
This is embarrassing. Pacers are fucking garbage, yet they're D'ing the shit out of NY.

I find it funny Anthony Carter has had to burn. The guy changes the defensive intensity when he comes in, wasn't he supposed to play some backup PG so Toney D could play SG?

Hibbert is freaking out on the bench because coach took him out.
dIEHARD said:
You finally beat the Jazz whoot whoot. Minnesota did better.

Guess what? You're shitty team doesn't have any more wins than my shitty team.
I don't give a shit about Utah yet you've been on the dude's jock since he lit them up last week. I know you've been just waiting for him to have a poor game, this must be Christmas to you. Stay mad though!

diehard

Fleer
The Frankman said:
Hibbert is freaking out on the bench because coach took him out.

I don't give a shit about Utah yet you've been on the dude's jock since he lit them up last week. I know you've been just waiting for him to have a poor game, this must be Christmas to you. Stay mad though!
You've been madly defending a scrub, who's on whose jock? A guard only scoring 20 on us is sad, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom