• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Some disappointing games today. Magic and Spurs both lost. Today didn't go my way.

:(

numble

LakersReporter Odom paraphrased on 710 ESPN: "I'm more impressed that Andrew is controlling the game without having big offensive numbers."
about 2 hours ago

Vyer

NBA refs: they're fan-tastic!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_6218678
Report: Bill Spooner sues Wolves writer

An NBA referee is taking the Associated Press to court.

Bill Spooner, a 22-year veteran NBA official, is suing Minnesota Timberwolves beat reporter Jon Krawczynski for tweeting during a game that Spooner promised coach Kurt Rambis that he'd get the Wolves two points in the form of a make-up call, the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal reports.

According to Spooner's suit, Rambis took umbrage with a foul called against his team in the second quarter of a Jan. 24 game against the Houston Rockets. Spooner then told an upset Rambis that he'd review the call at halftime.

Rambis asked how his team was supposed to get the two points back. While Spooner's suit claims he didn't respond to the Minnesota coach's question, Krawczynski tweeted otherwise.

"Ref Bill Spooner told Rambis he'd 'get it back' after a bad call," Krawczynski tweeted. "Then he made an even worse call on Rockets. That's NBA officiating folks."

Minnesota lost the game 129-125.

Spooner's suit seeks over $75,000 in damages along with both an unpublishing and retraction of the statement on the grounds that the tweet is a defamatory accusation.

"We believe all of the facts we reported from the game in question were accurate," AP Associate General Counsel Dave Tomlin said in a statement.

lol

masud

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
So basically the Nuggets will have 7 guys in double figures every night. Top seeds out west not named SA must be shitting themselves.
I really dont see how okc can beat them.

Felton/Lawson are better than Westbrook (they put up 40 and 20 tonight)

Gallo/Chandler can nullify most of Durant's production.

And after that it just gets ugly...

MidnightCowboy said:
Dwight, Bogut, and Noah all say lol.

Bynum is definitely better than 1 armed Bogut.

giri said:
Dwight had 9 TO's? thats high, even for him. I presume he got doubled a lot then?

Bynum played him 1 on 1, but most of the turnovers came against Gasol.

Dwight made 0 FGs posting Drew up and got 1 shooting foul total. IIRC, Dwight only scored 7 of his points against Drew (IIRC) and all were face up shots. Made 2 bank shots from like 12 feet out, and the 3rd came on a 2-1 break situation where Drew tried to block I believe J-Rich's attempt and Dwight rebounded and dunked it.

But of course, Drew has no post up defense and is often out of position. :D

Black Mamba said:
Bynum rebounds worse than 1 armed Bogut, still plays inferior defense than 1 armed Bogut, and is a worse shot blocker than 1 armed Bogut. He's been playing well for one week, you guys are overhyping him.

MidnightCowboy said:
Bynum rebounds worse than 1 armed Bogut, still plays inferior defense than 1 armed Bogut, and is a worse shot blocker than 1 armed Bogut. He's been playing well for one week, you guys are overhyping him.

http://bkref.com/tiny/ScvMW

I still think Bogut is a better post defender than Bynum. But one armed Bogut is fucked on offense right now. Worse shooter at every level and it's not close.

It's not single week issue, it's the entire season. The two basically block and rebound at the same rate. But one armed Bogut is a massively worse offensive player than normal Bogut and the differences between Bynum and Bogut's overall D (a small gap) is smaller than their offenses right now.

edit: Bogut's decline on offense is a major reason why Milwaukee is way worse this season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Black Mamba said:

But of course, Drew has no post up defense and is often out of position. :D

Think it says more about D12's true lack of a post game

Blackace

MidnightCowboy said:
I saw him hit a couple of jumpers today, and if ever added that consistently to his game, then dear lord.

His footwork and back to the basketball game is sooooooo bad...

Blackace said:
His footwork and back to the basketball game is sooooooo bad...
He's definitely not as smooth as some of the best, but clearly he's made a lot of strides on offense this year. He's got a pretty respectable running hookshot. Also, he's only 25. He probably hasn't even hit his prime yet.
Edit: Sorry, just one more thing. In terms of his offense (not just postgame stuff), we can't rule out that he hasn't played with a PG that looks for him his entire career. If he was partnered with someone who actually realizes how fucking good he is, he'd probably be closer to 30 points a game than 20.

Blackace

MidnightCowboy said:
He's definitely not as smooth as some of the best, but clearly he's made a lot of strides on offense this year. He's got a pretty respectable running hookshot. Also, he's only 25. He probably hasn't even hit his prime yet.

25 would be his 3rd in the NBA out of college if he went 4 years... He came out of HS as a starter..I don't know how much better his post game will get.. I am sure he will add more weapons.. But don't think he will improve those aspects of his game...

Blackace said:
Think it says more about D12's true lack of a post game

He scored on Pau in the post. He has a post game. He's improved quite a bit this season, actually. Footwork isn't nearly as bad.

On one hand I'm being told Bynum isn't a good post defender. On the other hand, I feel like I'm being told no one scores in the post.

Blackace said:
25 would be his 3rd in the NBA out of college if he went 4 years... He came out of HS as a starter..I don't know how much better his post game will get.. I am sure he will add more weapons.. But don't think he will improve those aspects of his game...
I hear on cnn radioactive material is hitting Tokyo? You alright man.? What's the status on those reactors? Are u affected directly?
Last but not least, can I have your Gaf account if all 4 reactors goes into system meltdown? You know ill do a bang up job modding nba-age

viakado said:
I hear on cnn radioactive material is hitting Tokyo? You alright man.? What's the status on those reactors? Are u affected directly?
Last but not least, can I have your Gaf account if all 4 reactors goes into system meltdown? You know ill do a bang up job modding nba-age

246j70k.jpg

Blackace

Black Mamba said:
He scored on Pau in the post. He has a post game. He's improved quite a bit this season, actually. Footwork isn't nearly as bad.

On one hand I'm being told Bynum isn't a good post defender. On the other hand, I feel like I'm being told no one scores in the post.

On the other hand you are a super homer

Blackace said:
On the other hand you are a super homer

I'm really really not. As I said, I admit everyone is biased to an extent, but I'm about non-homeristic as you'll find a Laker fan to be, and probably any fan of their team to be.

Homers are people who think Deron Williams is better than CP3.

Black Mamba said:
I'm really really not. As I said, I admit everyone is biased to an extent, but I'm about non-homeristic as you'll find a Laker fan to be, and probably any fan of their team to be.

Homers are people who think Deron Williams is better than CP3.
Well, he is now. Also, based on your posting so far, I'd have to agree with Blackace.

MidnightCowboy said:
Well, he is now. Also, based on your posting so far, I'd have to agree with Blackace.

Just because I think Bynum is a top 5 center in the league when healthy? I think people just forgot how bad the C spot in the league actually is right now.

Unless you think me saying Pau is playing like a puss is homer-esque. :lol

And Deron is not better than CP3. Deron does virtually very little than CP3.

Puddles

Banned
Fucking Heat, man. Wish it hadn't been the Lakers who allowed them to get their confidence back. Someday I hope to see Lebron retire with as many rings as Karl Malone, and wins like this make that look increasingly unlikely. =(

SamuraiX-

Wtf was up with that Lou Williams strip on Devin Harris toward the end of the 4th quarter in the Philly-Utah game yesterday?

He got fucking MUGGED. How the fucking hell do you just let that go?

Meier

0-6 for Gilbert last night. -- what a piece of shit. Dunno if they were forced or what but 9 TOs ain't helping Dwight's MVP chances.

smurfx

get some go again
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So you're saying that if Bynum's healthy and the other great centers are injured, Bynum is top 5? I would still disagree with that.
keep hating on bynum man. we are seeing what bynum is capable of when his knee isn't fucked. expect him to have a pretty big impact in the playoffs. if bynum stays healthy then this will be the first playoffs he is at full capacity.

Puddles said:
Fucking Heat, man. Wish it hadn't been the Lakers who allowed them to get their confidence back. Someday I hope to see Lebron retire with as many rings as Karl Malone, and wins like this make that look increasingly unlikely. =(
Lol relax homie its just 2 games and the spurs didnt give a fuck because 1st seed is already a lock for then

Triple U

Banned
lol at the spurs not giving a fuck. They just got beat. Anyway:

Earlier today on his ESPN Radio show, Colin Cowherd was having the requisite “Where does Kobe Bryant fit in among the greatest NBA players” discussion. By coincidence, ESPN NBA writer Chris Broussard happened to be strolling by the studio, and Cowherd asked him to give his two cents.

Broussard said that he has a top 10 list of all-time NBA players. The list, in no particular order, looks like this: Shaquille O’Neal, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant.

But in the midst of this discussion, Broussard dropped an interesting tidbit: apparently, unidentified ex-teammates of Michael Jordan have told him that “Kobe is better.”

lol at unidentified sources.

Bynum has the tools to be the second best center in the league for sure...the problem is that you don't even GET a rating at all when you're as injury prone as he has been lately. Basically he plays half a season, looks great the gets injured.

Another thing that impacts him is that no other big in the league really plays with this sort of front court depth. His usage is limited due to having the versatility of a Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol at his side.

At least the light has clicked on in his head that he'll be better able to impact the team by being active on defense, because in an offense with these guys it's just impossible to determine how many shots you're going to get on any given night.

I have high hopes for Drew. A large part of NBA-GAF laughed at any trades that involved Bynum, going as far as to say that the Lakers wouldn't get anything for their trash. Lulz. There are teams that would give up a prospect or a pick for Greg Oden...let alone someone who has experienced freak injuries like Bynum, especially at his age.

I think Drew is back. I said this as early as a few months ago--he looked much better athletically than he has in a while even then, with none of the little signs that used to plague him such as random knee clutching, pained expression after a big dunk, etc.

Lakers are taking it. Kobe looks better than last year by far and the team chose the right moment to get hot.

3 peat.

Lmao I was going to come in here and post a picture how Nick Young is starting to look like Bubbles from The Wire, but I found a better picture of retired player Donyell Marshall:

bubblesmarshall.jpg

The Stealth Fox

Mynum is a black hole on offense. If Bynum is even considered a top 10 center, then this is a horrible, horrible era for centers.

Thank you based Stern for making everyone draft guards due to your crappy rule changes.

The Stealth Fox said:
Mynum is a black hole on offense. If Bynum is even considered a top 10 center, then this is a horrible, horrible era for centers.

Thank you based Stern for making everyone draft guards due to your crappy rule changes.

A black hole?

Lulz

If you want to talk about a blackhole...then just look at a guy like Andray Blatche, who has high usage and who is shooting 43% from the field this year despite being 6'11.

Bynum has shot around 55+ percent over his career if I remember correctly...and when he was the second option offensively he averaged 60 + percent that year.

This Jordan Crawford kid the Wiz picked up is on some shit...he has to have the worst career field goal percentage in the league and his usage has surely skyrocketed since joining the Wiz...

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Jordan really has a TS% of 42% and a Usage of 28%? Why is he allowed to play?

Flip_Saunders.jpg

To be fair to Flip though, there are very few good options on this club right now.

I just checked the Wizards contracts...holy shit Jordan Crawford has a 4 year contract at 1 MILLION PER.

what the fuck? If someone is worth that little why would you give them a long term contract?

SMH. LOCKOUT PLEASE. These GM's are fucking terrible.

Jeff-DSA

SamuraiX- said:
Wtf was up with that Lou Williams strip on Devin Harris toward the end of the 4th quarter in the Philly-Utah game yesterday?

He got fucking MUGGED. How the fucking hell do you just let that go?

We were at home. We generally have one terrible call go against us down the stretch that really has a chance at costing us the game.

Also, it might have been a bit of a makeup call for a play when AI got jostled pretty good on a play with no call.

Triple U

Banned
Did anybody know that pimp guy joined realgm. Real gold:

Pimpwerx said:
Shut this behemoth down for the night. Let's save some for the new-look Thunder. I'm satisfied with this team now. They can win the championship playing ball at this level. Great defense with competent offense. This is Heat basketball. PEACE.

pimpwerx said:
Hell yeah. He's been the story of the last few games after Bosh's new-found aggression. I think we just put the rest of the league on notice. Don't sleep on this Heat team. No one wants to face us in the playoffs...guaranteed. PEACE.
where are my damn smilies?

xnipx

isnt jordan crawford the guy that dunked on lebron?? that's the only logical reason I can see for him getting so many minutes, and please dont talk about wizards contracts, blatche's 5 mil per haunts me every night and every time i see him out partying blowing it

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If Bynum is a top 3 center, we might as well hope for a lock-out long enough for some kids to grow into 7 foot and improve that weak position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom