• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
There's a chance Derrick Favors could be the backup point guard for the Jazz tomorrow night against the Wolves, I think everyone wants to see this.

It's probably going to be Watson starting with AK playing the backup role, right? I guess that means that Bell and Miles will be our only wing guys again and Al, Favors, and Fes our only bigs. Ridiculous.

SUPREME1

Banned
Loving all the Bynum hate. The dude has had a major impact on every game since the all-star break [with the exception of the Heat game] and people just can't stand it. The fact is he's finally come to understand that he's far more valuable grabbing boards and playing defense than worrying about how many shots he gets. I think he now also realizes that if he does grab a ton of boards, he's gonna get his points a lot easier as well.

If the refs don't force Bynum to the bench last night and he actually plays in the 3rd qtr, he would've had 20+ boards and a few more points against MVP candidate Dwight Howard.

Deal with it.

Jeff-DSA said:
It's probably going to be Watson starting with AK playing the backup role, right? I guess that means that Bell and Miles will be our only wing guys again and Al, Favors, and Fes our only bigs. Ridiculous.

Looks like someone forgot Jeremy Evans. Put up 9-6 last night in 20 minutes and played great D. AK will probably be the backup, but he goes down, Favors will unfortunately be the best option for backup point :(

Looks like a poor man's version of Tyson Chandler, the high school version. He looks like a fucking softey.

Yeah, all these combo guards randomly growing to seven feet tall at 17 recently (AR, Perry Jones, Anthony Davis) never pan out. He seriously looks like he needs to actually eat food.

Raja's being a total bitch and baby today about getting benched even though Ty gave him heavy minutes down the stretch, why won't this guy just have a season ending injury already?

KingGondo

Banned
Jazz-Age, you're in danger of becoming as depressing as Wolves-Age.

Post something positive before I put you on ignore or call a suicide hotline.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dark FaZe said:
Is there any consensus between Wolves fans for who you guys would like to draft?
I think people just want David Kahn to take the BPA for once. In that 5-7 range, it'll probably be Walker. Will Kahn have the balls to do it?

I'd rather have Walker than Rubio, to be honest.

KingGondo said:
Jazz-Age, you're in danger of becoming as depressing as Wolves-Age.

Post something positive before I put you on ignore or call a suicide hotline.

Favors, Al, and Jeremy were awesome last night. It looks like the team learned how to defend PnR a little bit.

I think people just want David Kahn to take the BPA for once. In that 5-7 range, it'll probably be Walker. Will Kahn have the balls to do it?

Walker would not be the BPA in that range.

SUPREME1

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:

Speaking of, when is that little shit supposed to come over anyway?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Al Jefferson is so good offensively.

Or maybe he just is everytime I see him play.
Deron Webber was holding him back.

Rodeo Clown

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Walker would not be the BPA in that range.
DX has him at 7, Ford at 10. After workouts and interviews his stock will go up a little bit.
DraftExpress: RT @DaveTelep: If you're wondering, Kemba Walker is a better kid than basketball player. Genuine person off the court. Nothing but class.
David Kahn won't be able to help himself.

ImperialConquest said:

For some reason, I think he's vaporware, never to be released.

Though I think he won't be able to really do anything in the NBA, I sure would love to see the dude give it a try.

Rodeo Clown said:

Wow. Kemba for real? You'd REALLY be better off going for almost anyone else...and why are you projecting your team to be at 6-7? Your record is pretty miserable.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Raja's being a total bitch and baby today about getting benched even though Ty gave him heavy minutes down the stretch, why won't this guy just have a season ending injury already?

And to think that he could have been a Laker...

Rodeo Clown

ImperialConquest said:
The Wolves keep saying next season, but I don't buy it, not with the lockout pending. If there's nothing by draft time, just trade him.

Dark FaZe said:
Wow. Kemba for real? You'd REALLY be better off going for almost anyone else...and why are you projecting your team to be at 6-7? Your record is pretty miserable.
4th worst record right now + typical Wolves lottery luck = 6th or 7th pick.

Rodeo Clown said:

So you'd rather have the guy who'll report immediately than the guy who seemingly doesn't want to report?

Rodeo Clown said:

If you get Walker available, I'd trade Rubio. For an actual player though, can't trust Kahn with more picks.

reilo said:
Deron Webber was holding him back.

Speaking of Deron Webber, during our current 5 game streak Kris Humphries is averaging about 17ppg, 17rpg, and 2bpg.

Has anyone benefited from this trade more than him? He gets more touches and rebounds thanks to not having to split minutes with Favors, and Deron is making him look even better offensively. The only downside is that we're going to have to pay serious bank to keep him now.

ESPN's Playoff Predictor is out!

rvbywg.png

W2Y2O.gif

charsace

Rodeo Clown said:
The Wolves keep saying next season, but I don't buy it, not with the lockout pending. If there's nothing by draft time, just trade him.

4th worst record right now + typical Wolves lottery luck = 6th or 7th pick.
Kemba is one of the more NBA ready players in this draft. The others are Jimmer and Derrick Williams.

Rodeo Clown

The Frankman said:
So you'd rather have the guy who'll report immediately than the guy who seemingly doesn't want to report?
I'd rather have the guy who I think will be good over the guy who I've really come to doubt will be.

The Frankman said:
Hence Nate and JR dancing and hugging it out, with Jared Jeffries flashing dat toe-tappin' action. I think they can beat one team or the other. Not both.

Knicks have a shot at upsetting the heat, which would be magnificent.

Tried the playoff predictor again and got a Magic-Mavs finals but when I clicked on simulate NBA Finals a picture of Stern popped up and my browser crashed.

Oh my god has this been posted

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6220206

Former Los Angeles Clippers coach Kim Hughes is used to helping players, but it was players who stepped up for him in his time of need.

In September 2004, while he was a Clippers assistant, Hughes was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was premed at Wisconsin, so he had an idea what he was up against. His doctor told him that he could wait a few months for surgery, but the team was preparing for training camp and he didn't want to miss a chunk of the season recuperating. So Hughes went for a second opinion and found a doctor that would do the surgery a week later.

"But he wasn't covered under my insurance plan," Hughes told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "We had a certain group of doctors we could go to. So if I elected to use him, it'd be out of my pocket.

"[The Clippers] didn't talk to me directly about it. They told, I believe my agent, that the reason they couldn't pay for the surgery is if they paid for mine, if anybody else had a problem -- head coach, secretary, assistant coach -- if they paid for mine, the onus would be on them for everybody else.

"I said, 'That's fine. I choose to try and save my life, and if I have to pay for it myself, I will.'"

Then coach Mike Dunleavy, who had recommended the new doctor, mentioned Hughes' plight to some players.

Several players on that team -- including Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand and Marko Jaric -- offered to help.

The Stealth Fox

reilo said:
If Bynum is a top 3 center, we might as well hope for a lock-out long enough for some kids to grow into 7 foot and improve that weak position.

True dat. Shows how dismal of a state the league is at the C position.

FREE THE CBA

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hah. I never ever upload stuff to YouTube, but I was on my profile just now and realized I uploaded the Knicks bench fight like 2 or 3 years ago where Zach and Nate were fighting and it got over 57,000 views. Apparently the NBA had the video taken down though, and some random user even left a comment on my page asking why I took it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom