• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Kobe should have stayed home. Ankle is destroying his shot.

He was shooting like crap even before the injury. That said, he can't buy a jumper and can't seem to get any easy shots

The Stealth Fox

Black Mamba said:
Kobe should have stayed home. Ankle is destroying his shot.

Friggan' Ryan Anderson hitting 35 foot 3s. Dwight Howard can only score from 15 feet out. Crazy.

1st home game after a road trip is always the toughest. It's like the last game on the trip, really.

I agree. The Lakers shouldn't have to play the first game after a road trip with Kobe's messed up ankle. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

Advanced metrics show this.

Cloudy said:
He was shooting like crap even before the injury. That said, he can't buy a jumper and can't seem to get any easy shots

What concerns me is the shots have been easy. If he doesn't get it going soon, Phil should pull him. Rather have Shannon in that spot. Still wish he'd sit this one out. Would have been a good spot to get rest for almost a week.

Pau played a bit better near the end, but needs to be much more impactful. Odom and Bynum are the only ones who played consistently well.

No one can hit a jump shot tonight.

The Stealth Fox said:
I agree. The Lakers shouldn't have to play the first game after a road trip with Kobe's messed up ankle. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

Advanced metrics show this.

This isn't even The Kad level of trolling, dude.

dwin45

dIEHARD said:
Devin Harris pulled hamstring, these injures are "Blazeresque"
Didn't look like it was enough to keep him out on Wednesday, but who knows? I remember Boozer missing like half a season with a pulled hamstring.

The Stealth Fox

No, I seriously meant what I wrote (sarcastically, of course).

You give a lot of excuses when your team isn't playing well. Maybe they just aren't playing well right now, ankle or no ankle.

ADVANCED METRICS SHOW THAT THE LAKERS SUCK ON ROAD HOME B2Bs WHEN JACK NICHOLSON ISN'T YELLING A MINIMUM OF TEN TIMES PER GAME.

Get with the program, son.

The Stealth Fox said:
No, I seriously meant what I wrote (sarcastically, of course).

You give a lot of excuses when your team isn't playing well. Maybe they just aren't playing well right now, ankle or no ankle.

ADVANCED METRICS SHOW THAT THE LAKERS SUCK ON ROAD HOME B2Bs WHEN JACK NICHOLSON ISN"T YELLING A MINIMUM OF TEN TIMES PER GAME.

Get with the program, son.

seriously, not even thekad levels. I gave no excuses. On the other hand, I said Kobe not shooting, Pau playing like a puss, and us ball watching is why they're losing.

can you read, bro?

edit: This is the only game the team hasn't played well that I've been on this forum for. Not sure what the hell you're talking about.

The Stealth Fox

Black Mamba said:
seriously, not even thekad levels. I gave no excuses. On the other hand, I said Kobe not shooting, Pau playing like a puss, and us ball watching is why they're losing.

can you read, bro?

Kobe hasn't been playing well for ages, yet he shoots like trash today. OH NOPE, IT'S THE ANKLE.

Lakers play like garbage? OH, IT'S A TOUGH GAME, THEY'RE COMING OFF A ROAD TRIP.

Nope, no excuses. Not. One. At. All.

Anyway, I'll drop this. Advanced metrics will save us all.

I fully expect that the Magic will lose this game anyway. Pau Baker will bail them out.

Good to see Pau getting it going. Too bad Drew took that foul. Gonna have to mix up some doubles on Howard now and try to get him to turn it over some more.

Kobe 5/7 this quarter, I think. Too bad he missed that baby jumper from 5 feet. Fish actually providing offense. Two layups tonight, met his quota for March from there.

Jameer starting to get things done. Gotta stop that.

What a terrible end of quarter play they ran there. Wrong on so many levels.

Bench unit didn't score the final minute. bleh.

Dwight with 9 TOs. Going for a triple double.

Game is over but that is the worst fucking offensive foul I've ever seen. Gasol was moving AND was in the circle.

I guess I should expect this, the Magic have been Cubaned.

Lakers trying to 3 their way to victory. :lol

Game is over but that is the worst fucking offensive foul I've ever seen. Gasol was moving AND was in the circle.

I guess I should expect this, the Magic have been Cubaned.

I'm not going to argue against the call being wrong (I thought he actually traveled, not offensive fouled) but the circle doesn't matter for those types of calls. Circle only matters for running forward into a player. You can get a charge there still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom