• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I just got Magic vs Grizzlies as the Finals matchup in the ESPN Playoff Simulator.

EDIT: Second try, Magic versus Heat, with Dallas winning. lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Rodeo Clown said:
I'd rather have the guy who I think will be good over the guy who I've really come to doubt will be.

Rubio is going to be fine. The kid works extremely hard and he already has the vision and defense, the shot will come in due time.

Not to belittle the college kid though, I know nothing about college ball. Although I do think you go with the consistently good player over the one kid who played great in one game that went to a lot of OT's ...

numble

ph33nix said:
vQVZD.jpg

SamuraiX-

I just made my NCAA bracket. Really had no idea what I was doing. I was just picking teams based on what I've heard, their records, and the toughness of the conference they play in. lol

My Final Four teams are: Duke, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and Notre Dame.

Thoughts?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SamuraiX- said:
I just made my NCAA bracket. Really had no idea what I was doing. I was just picking teams based on what I've hear, their records, and the toughness of their conference. lol

Thoughts?
Too many #1 seeds.

And in general, don't get too cute with upsets. They don't happen all that often in reality.

reilo

SamuraiX- said:
I just made my NCAA bracket. Really had no idea what I was doing. I was just picking teams based on what I've heard, their records, and the toughness of the conference they play in. lol

Thoughts?
Don't we have a NCAAB thread? Not to be rude or anything, but a lot of us in this thread don't follow NCAA, so you might be better off asking there.

giga

SamuraiX- said:

Thoughts?
Always have one 16 seed upset. There's always been one every year of the tourney.

Raging Spaniard said:
Rubio is going to be fine. The kid works extremely hard and he already has the vision and defense, the shot will come in due time.

Not to belittle the college kid though, I know nothing about college ball. Although I do think you go with the consistently good player over the one kid who played great in one game that went to a lot of OT's ...
Yep, you do know nothing about college ball.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
Don't we have a NCAAB thread? Not to be rude or anything, but a lot of us in this thread don't follow NCAA, so you might be better off asking there.

Yeah, I know. I just kinda wanted the opinion of NBA GAF based on whatever they follow (if anything).

And I read somewhere that a 16 seed upset has never happened in the history of the NCAA...?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Frankman said:
Kemba Walker >> Jonny Flynn.
This. It's really not close. I mean, I guess people are going to see a small Big East guard and think Flynn, but it's not apt. What should have been a huge red flag for Jonny's future is that Flynn turned the ball over a ton in college. For Walker's monster usage rate this year, he's only turning it over at a rate of 2.2 per game. That's pretty great for everything UConn has him do.

SamuraiX- said:
Yeah, I know. I just kinda wanted the opinion of NBA GAF based on whatever they follow (if anything).

And I read somewhere that a 16 seed upset has never happened in the history of the NCAA...?
It hasn't. 4/13, 5/12 are where you pick your upsets.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Frankman said:
Remember some people said Flynn would be better than Gallinari.

Kemba Walker >> Jonny Flynn.

You must have read my post wrong cause thats exactly what i meant.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
So pathetic of Sterling. I remember when Turiaf failed his original physical because Lakers realized he needed heart surgery. Paid for it not even knowing if he'd ever be able to play. I'm sure 29 of 30 teams would have done the same.

The one that won't...
Shit, even Dolan would pay for sexual harassment attorney fees.

reilo

SamuraiX- said:
Wow.

Ginobili is shooting his worst percentage from the field since his sophomore season.

What happened?
He's shooting a career-high in three-pointers but only connecting on 34%. His two-point FG% is stellar at 50% though.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
He's shooting a career-high in three-pointers but only connecting on 34%. His two-point FG% is stellar at 50% though.

That explains it. He really needs to tone it down from 3. They have enough shooters this season. No idea why he's chucking so much.

viakado said:
that's the one bald spot in the spurs success this season, Ginobli's shooting percentage.

What you did there, I see it.

Also, what's up with your new tag? lol

Edit: Oh, I think I figured it out. You told him you want his account if the shit happens to hit the fan even harder in Japan. lawlz

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He still has a nose for getting to the rim though.

For fuck's sake.

reilo

Raging Spaniard said:
Raging Spaniard Jr. would be funnier, jus' sayin'.
Raging Spaniard Jr.
If they are Spanish and play in the NBA they are more racist than your favorite player
(Today, 02:40 PM)
Reply | Quote

Doesn't sound so bad, tbh.

The Stealth Fox said:
Dallas does a fine job of defeating themselves.
Mavs are 18-44 lifetime in games played at Portland.

However, Mavs are 21-6 against the Blazers in more recent history.

But, Mavs have been unimpressive lately (save for dirk and matrix) and will lose when Brian Cardinal misses a desperation 3 after logging 40 minutes of play.

giri

The Stealth Fox said:
Dallas does a fine job of defeating themselves.
I'm waiting on a lineup to be put out that has dirk @ the 2. Carlisle's defense ? "They did it in the all star game!".

Raging Spaniard

reilo said:
Raging Spaniard Jr.
If they are Spanish and play in the NBA they are more racist than your favorite player
(Today, 02:40 PM)
Reply | Quote

Doesn't sound so bad, tbh.

Raging Spaniard The Third, also a strong candidate.

reilo

Adam Blade said:
Hi guys. I guess I'm back. I didn't end up in my preferred specialty but hey, I guess I'll have a job for the next few years at least. Yay?
Welcome back.

What happened?

The Stealth Fox

Adam Blade said:
Hi guys. I guess I'm back. I didn't end up in my preferred specialty but hey, I guess I'll have a job for the next few years at least. Yay?

No EM? EM is very competitive now anyway, if STEP1 isn't 230+ you aren't guaranteed a decent shot.

All the MS4s at my school just got their match results in.

THRILLH0

Banned
New Bulls-Age member reporting for duty.

Yeah I know "LLL", "tha fuck are you" etc but being an NBA fan in Australia during the 90's meant that you were fed a steady diet of Bulls games and nothing else. Having the GOAT didn't hurt either.

Anyway, due to my timezone I can't really watch games live during the week but i've usually got Gamecast open in my browser so i'll attempt to contribute in real time as much as possible.

Cheers!

giri

AShep said:
New Bulls-Age member reporting for duty.

Yeah I know it's easy to say i'm jumping on the bandwagon but being an NBA fan in Australia during the 90's meant that you were fed a steady diet of Bulls games and nothing else. Having the GOAT didn't hurt either.

Anyway, due to my timezone I can't really watch games live during the week but i've usually got Gamecast open in my browser so i'll attempt to contribute in real time as much as possible.

Cheers!
Bulls bench just gets stronger and stronger!

(Get NBA League Pass international).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom