• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

The Stealth Fox said:
I don't know how long you've been here, but it's the norm for Jeff-DSA to complain about the opposing team's best player after he's attended a game.

He does this for every freaking game. He managed to do one for Yao Ming!

YAO. MING.

You still butt hurt that I said Yao Ming gets away with over the back calls? He does, er, did. I like Yao, but he did. I was one of the first to sympathize about his injuries too, bro dude.

The Jazz fans also often miss/mention Boozer as seen in many of their posts.

You'll have your frustrations him BoozIR one day too. We gave him lots of chances here, but he was pretty disrespectful and he obviously sat out way more games than he needed to. No heart. No loyalty.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
F@mous said:
Well I'm not gonna go down ever friggin position there is and answer your questions. Anyway, back to square one...dunk was amazing. Stop hating. You're obviously 99% of the population which loathes the team that made the league interesting again.

I was gone for a couple hours, but I want to revisit this. As die-hard NBA fans, the league should always be interesting to us. I am just as interested in this year's Bulls as I was last year, while the Bulls were struggling to be a .500 team. Frankly, I don't give a shit if the league is more interesting to the "mainstream" public. It's always interesting to me.

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
It's funny, if a player pulled the McHale on Rambis clothesline on a guy today, people would be screaming about how much of a douche and a bitch he is, and how if this were the 80s he would have gotten his ass beat.

If Kevin McHale pulled a clothesline on Rambis today, people would say "If he played against Laimbeer, he would have gotten his ass beat!"

But the question is, why would a former Timberwolves GM clothesline their current coach?

Jeff-DSA

I think I'm on the Rose for MVP bandwagon. I tease Bulls-Age about his shooting volume a bit, but man, I can't pick anybody else out above him at this point.

Jeff-DSA said:
You'll have your frustrations him BoozIR one day too. We gave him lots of chances here, but he was pretty disrespectful and he obviously sat out way more games than he needed to. No heart. No loyalty.

Coach Sloan liked him.

The Stealth Fox

Jeff-DSA said:
You still butt hurt that I said Yao Ming gets away with over the back calls? He does, er, did. I like Yao, but he did. I was one of the first to sympathize about his injuries too, bro dude.

I'm not butthurt. Everything looks like an over the back when you're 20 feet tall!

The Stealth Fox said:
If Kevin McHale pulled a clothesline on Rambis today, people would say "If he played against Laimbeer, he would have gotten his ass beat!"

But the question is, why would a former Timberwolves GM clothesline their current coach?

I think RC may have an answer for that.

Jeff-DSA said:
I think I'm on the Rose for MVP bandwagon. I tease Bulls-Age about his shooting volume a bit, but man, I can't pick anybody else out above him at this point.

It's hard to knock a guy for taking bad shots when he's almost always the main reason your team wins.

I live with it, I don't think I've ever been pissed off with him all year.

Poor Cj Watson gets my wrath.

Jeff-DSA

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Coach Sloan liked him.

Sloan doesn't talk bad about anybody, especially after they're gone. He never even bad mouthed John Amaechi after he made up that crap about Sloan dropping gay slurs at him, which not a single player or coach did anything but deny.

Jeff-DSA said:

Dwight because he's better. He also gets an achievement for not killing Jameer, Hedo, Gilbert, Otis, Stan, or Duhon. That takes major self control.

Jeff-DSA said:
Sloan doesn't talk bad about anybody, especially after they're gone. He never even bad mouthed John Amaechi after he made up that crap about Sloan dropping gay slurs at him, which not a single player or coach did anything but deny.

Fake "tells it like it is" guy I see.

For shame, Jerry Sloan, for shame.

You're soft.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Dwight because he's better. He also gets an achievement for not killing Jameer, Hedo, Gilbert, Otis, Stan, or Duhon. That takes major self control.

Yeah, but the NBA seems to have a grudge against him or something. I'm not going to count on him winning it this year.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Rose has no glaring weakness in his game(I guess defense but he's not horrible).

He can shoot anywhere, get to the basket, hit freethrows, pass decently, etc...

Dwight often dominates but also is a huge liability at times. He still has a lackluster offensive game and he loses games at the line

He gets by on his brawn and even then that doesn't help him, like in the Lakers game.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

I would agree if his team wasn't the 4 seed. They're just not winning enough.

exarkun

KingGondo said:
I think we can definitely beat Denver in a series. We have the interior D to counteract Nene and there's no way they'll keep is below 100 if we play decently. Their balance across their roster is tough to deal with, but I think we'd pull it out in 6 games max.

We play them 2x in a three-day span right before the playoffs start. Should be interesting.

The problem with the Thunder is that they are up and down. Losing sometimes to peeps they shouldn't, not pushing the gas pedal when they are up.

Perkins coming in though, has looked nice for you guys. You guys finally start playing good defense when he comes in, kinda find that funny. The Denver series will be 7. If you guys play defense like tonight, then six. But if Gallo comes back (which reports says he is just resting now cause the team has been winning) then it will be hard fought.

Honestly, I'm mad the two have to play each other. If only Denver can lose a couple and play Dallas. Everyone wins in that scenario. OKC gets a first round bye, and Dallas gets poo'd on AGAIN.

masud said:
Mvp has always been a skill based award. Sure Dwight is big and fast but he's just not that good at basketball...

That's why I always liked centers like Hakeem and Ewing, etc...

I prefer skill to freakish physical manhandling.

SephCast said:
I would agree if his team wasn't the 4 seed. They're just not winning enough.

That team is so fucking terrible other than Dwight though. I definitely agree that Rose will get it, but I think Dwight should get it. Overall record shouldn't matter that much in MVP voting, just record compared to what the record probably would have been without that player. The Bulls without Rose are still probably a playoff team, the Magic without Dwight are one of the three worst teams in the NBA.

Destroy us in which I will be spoiled in how many championships we win and give up on NBA basketball?
Monta would have to play point, so you're giving up on Rose... unless you try to start Monta at SG, but Bogans plays SG and is the lynchpin of the Bulls D. So that's not happening.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
That team is so fucking terrible other than Dwight though. I definitely agree that Rose will get it, but I think Dwight should get it. Overall record shouldn't matter that much in MVP voting, just record compared to what the record probably would have been without that player. The Bulls without Rose are still probably a playoff team, the Magic without Dwight are one of the three worst teams in the NBA.

Well then Kobe should've won it 05, 06, 07. League really needs an "Offensive Player of the Year" award.

dream

The thing I like about the Mavs is they don't panic at all. Miami would have had Bosh shooting 3s in the first quarter after the start GSW got off to.

SephCast said:
Destroy us in which I will be spoiled in how many championships we win and give up on NBA basketball?

Detroyed as in no chance to win jack shit with him. Dude is a career loser. Of all the Warriors, why not grab Curry?

edit: Monta is very overrated. Shoot first, turnover prone, no-defense playing undersized 2 guard. You can't win with that.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Please note that I was not actually serious that we would win 8 championships with Monta, and yes, I understand he would not coexist with Rose.

Still would take him and try it out (if they can't win a title within next 4 years).

I'm spoutin some mad bs tonight.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Oh btw, I wore this shirt to play basketball tonight.

300.jpg

SephCast said:
Oh btw, I wore this shirt to play basketball tonight.

300.jpg

I like that shirt a lot but it's not quite as cool as my old Rodman "big face covering the whole back(or was it front???) of the shirt" Nike one.

He had orange hair and I hate that color but that was badass.

SephCast said:
Please note that I was not actually serious that we would win 8 championships with Monta, and yes, I understand he would not coexist with Rose.

Still would take him and try it out (if they can't win a title within next 4 years).

I'm spoutin some mad bs tonight.

haha, i know you didn't mean 8 titles. I just think Ellis is vastly overrated and is destined to be a career loser. Shareef Abdur-Rahim of SGs!

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Rose has no glaring weakness in his game(I guess defense but he's not horrible).

He can shoot anywhere, get to the basket, hit freethrows, pass decently, etc...

Dwight often dominates but also is a huge liability at times. He still has a lackluster offensive game and he loses games at the line

He gets by on his brawn and even then that doesn't help him, like in the Lakers game.

Exactly. I love DH but he has to many exploitable weaknesses. I am firmly on the Rose bandwagon as well. The guy is just so skilled and makes the plays they need to win when it counts. I have said it before but I just love seeing the Bulls look strong again.

2v8iosg.jpg

Cloudy wtf is this!

Off-topic, but the last 35 pages of Ender's Game is so beautiful and amazing no matter how many times I read it. Absolutely incredible writing and emotional connection. Hopefully Speaker of the Dead isn't too bad (Reading that for the first time tomorrow).

Back on-topic: Al needs to get some light consideration for MIP. Not a ton, not more than LMA, Westbrook, Love, Rose, but a little. He's so much better than last year and has started to become decent at passing and defense while being a 30-15 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom