• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Gallo isn't even playing right now for Denver. He has the ability to take over a game. Great team to root for come playoff time.

F@mous

Banned
KingGondo said:
You are a dumbass. And that's not scavenger hating, it's plain as day.

It's plain as day? D-Wade, the 6'4 guard who plays with intensity daily, drives to the hole as hard as, if not harder than any other player in the league...the man who willed his team to an NBA championship....who's legacy will be always getting to the foul line because he's not scared to take contact (how many times has he been bloodied in a game throughout his career?)....this man is a pussy and couldn't hang in the 80s because he griped and moaned over a bad foul at the end of an out of reach regular season game....bro sit the fuck down scavenger... with your jaded opinions. PrinceGondo go to your room.

F@mous said:
It's plain as day? D-Wade, the 6'4 guard who plays with intensity daily, drives to the hole as hard as, if not harder than any other player in the league...the man who willed his team to an NBA championship....who's legacy will be always getting to the foul line because he's not scared to take contact (how many times has he been bloodied in a game throughout his career?)....this man is a pussy and couldn't hang in the 80s because he griped and moaned over a bad foul at the end of an out of reach regular season game....bro sit the fuck down scavenger... with your jaded opinions. PrinceGondo go to your room.

What a shitty legacy.

F@mous said:
It's plain as day? D-Wade, the 6'4 guard who plays with intensity daily, drives to the hole as hard as, if not harder than any other player in the league...the man who willed his team to an NBA championship....who's legacy will be always getting to the foul line because he's not scared to take contact (how many times has he been bloodied in a game throughout his career?)....this man is a pussy and couldn't hang in the 80s because he griped and moaned over a bad foul at the end of an out of reach regular season.....bro sit the fuck down scavenger with your jaded opinions. PrinceGondo go to your room.

People overrate that shit and like to look at the 80s with these rose tinted glasses. Guys like Wade and Kobe and Dwight whine because the stupid refs have shown that it works and it will sway their judgment. That's the era the NBA is in and has been in since the mid to late 90s. Bitch and cry enough, or throw out subliminals in the media (Phil is the master of that) and the refs will give you make up calls. If he was brought up in a different era, like the 80s, i'm sure his game and personality would have adjusted accordingly. You guys treat the 80s like it was fucking Thunderdome and guys played to the death or something.

Omiee said:
cant help it when it makes me happy when the heat lose, and i think its horrible people dont show up at the start of games and leave with time left on the clock.
i thought people stayed untill the bitter end to support their teams.

Why do you care?

Meier

Ugly ass second half but we'll take the W. Monster game for Dwight.. Love's rebounding has been down a bit and Dwight's is up a bit. Gonna make a run but it'll be just about impossible.

J2 Cool

Meier said:
Ugly ass second half but we'll take the W. Monster game for Dwight.. Love's rebounding has been down a bit and Dwight's is up a bit. Gonna make a run but it'll be just about impossible.

Tally for D-12's MVP bid. 31/22 is ridiculous, and to only win by 4 against the Bucks. Ugh.

numble

F@mous said:
They called more fouls and shot more free throws in the 80s.

numble said:
You get most paid by insurance though, right?

If half of it is paid by insurance, then the Jazz would save $12m, but I'm not sure if contract insurance kicks in this late in the season and for how much. Really weird case.

J2 Cool said:
Tally for D-12's MVP bid. 31/22 is ridiculous, and to only win by 4 against the Bucks. Ugh.

The Cuban curse hangs heavy. Magic had an inordinate amount of offensive fouls called against them and while Jameer is a total idiot, he didn't even touch Jennings on the "foul" that eventually tied the game to end regulation.

numble

Black Mamba said:
Time Warner rules SoCal area and made the deal with the Lakers. I wonder how that will change the dynamics as far as TV deals go. Local stations could really benefit, though.

The T-W deal with LAL is interesting because T-W is in a position to really screw up if they pull all TV games for Broadcast TV.
They can pull all the non-national (ABC, TNT, ESPN) games off.

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter: a man after my own heart.

Seriously, Wade is the wrong person to attack on the Heatles. Some of you attack the Heat so much that you end up distorting history.

The Stealth Fox said:

Seriously, Wade is the wrong person to attack on the Heatles. Some of you attack the Heat so much that you end up distorting history.

LeBron hasn't done anything lately to notice him.

Jeff-DSA

Fun game tonight. It's nice to not have to stress out a game at home for once.

I don't mean to just hate on a guy, but Kevin Love is a true empty stat man if I've ever seen one. His defense is probably worse than BoozIR's, and I rarely accuse anybody of that. It was such a dunk fest tonight and he was at fault many times. He is good at drawing some silly fouls with that shoulder down and jump back thing. I figure he gives up way more points than he accounts for though.

DeMarcus Cousins has 11 points on 23 possessions. That's one of the worst offensive stat lines I've seen this season, goddamn he sucks so bad at offense.

edit: 24 possessions, he is terrible. Coleman, Z-bo, and Al on their worst days early in their career have never been as inefficient as he's been for the entire season.

numble said:
They can pull all the non-national (ABC, TNT, ESPN) games off.

Don't think they can. NBA contract reserves rights to place any games they wish on National TV deal.

But with so few on ABC Sundays, it still leaves very few broadcast station games which would be a mistake. Right now there's like 35 of em or so.

dream

Jeff-DSA said:
I don't mean to just hate on a guy, but Kevin Love is a true empty stat man if I've ever seen one. His defense is probably worse than BoozIR's, and I rarely accuse anybody of that. It was such a dunk fest tonight and he was at fault many times. He is good at drawing some silly fouls with that shoulder down and jump back thing. I figure he gives up way more points than he accounts for though.

montahandshake.gif

My man!

The Stealth Fox said:

It's funny, if a player pulled the McHale on Rambis clothesline on a guy today, people would be screaming about how much of a douche and a bitch he is, and how if this were the 80s he would have gotten his ass beat.

The Stealth Fox

dream said:

I don't know how long you've been here, but it's the norm for Jeff-DSA to complain about the opposing team's best player after he's attended a game.

He does this for every freaking game. He managed to do one for Yao Ming!

YAO. MING.

dream

The Stealth Fox said:
I don't know how long you've been here, but it's the norm for Jeff-DSA to complain about the opposing team's best player after he's attended a game.

YAO. MING.

But he's right about All Star Kevin Love.

The Stealth Fox said:

YAO. MING.

The Jazz fans also often miss/mention Boozer as seen in many of their posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom