• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

marathonfool said:
Less fouls were called and players were more willing to give fouls at the rim. Today, you see Dwight Howard backing off because he's afraid of picking up his 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter.
More fouls and more free throws were called back then.

Sanjuro

Bynum should be kicked out of the league. Did Bulls fans properly call the police after the game?

I still haven't seen the incident.

EDIT: Yikes. I would say a three game minimum for that.

Gigglepoo

Belated but, "WOOOOO PACERS!"

Couldn't see the game, but I was getting angry updates from my Bulls fan friend. I love it. Step 1) Regular season win. Step 2) Playoff sweep

No one can stop Psycho T!

Just wanted to tell NBA-Gaf that I just got accepted to UChicago yesterday and also received a Likely Letter to Cornell College of Arts and Sciences!!!

Cannot wait until I receive word from the other Ivies I applied to on the 30th.

SamuraiX-

Lakers really are nothing but bitchass thugs.

SMFH @ Odom and Barnes trying to defend Bynum's pussy ass.

Fuck the Lakers. Most unlikeable team in the NBA.

GremlinFool said:
Just wanted to tell NBA-Gaf that I just got accepted to UChicago yesterday and also received a Likely Letter to Cornell College of Arts and Sciences!!!

Cannot wait until I receive word from the other Ivies I applied to on the 30th.

Congratulations.

I'm sorry that you have to be in school for however many years you have left in your education. :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
goldenticket said:
this is a better angle (is about a minute into the video)
Jesus wtf. That was fucking dirty. Beasley could have broken his arm like Bogut on that landing. Bynum is such a bitch.

Puddles

Banned
That foul doesn't even look that bad. If Beasley had maintained control of his body and not taken a hard fall, it would have been two free throws and nothing else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Puddles said:
That foul doesn't even look that bad. If Beasley had maintained control of his body and not taken a hard fall, it would have been two free throws and nothing else.
How in the world was Beasley supposed to maintain control of his body when he got hit midway in the air? What kind of stupid argument are you trying to make?

Spooks

Puddles said:
Yeah, and if Bynum never jumped into him it would of never happened! Whodathunkit.

Puddles said:
There's always one guy who always says this no matter what. Yep, blame the guy who gets pummeled in the air.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
reilo said:
Jesus wtf. That was fucking dirty. Beasley could have broken his arm like Bogut on that landing. Bynum is such a bitch.
The Bogut fall was my first thought, as well. The slow motion angle from the baseline was hard to watch.

Beasley was lucky to come out of that with no broken bones.

SamuraiX-

Puddles said:

I know you can't be this dense.

Which is why I know you're trolling

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Stop been irrational.

Nothing irrational about anything I said.

I'm sorry if the truth hurts you or something.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
reilo said:
How in the world was Beasley supposed to maintain control of his body when he got hit midway in the air? What kind of stupid argument are you trying to make?
This is the same man, who feels that an MMA practitioner could easily kick a monkey's ass.

Derwind

At first I thought it was a shoulder check but it seems he was swinging his elbow....yikes....

Bynum's a straight thug, getting lessons for Artest probably....:p

GsRkel.jpg

u mad?

Zep said:
wow..you truly have to be a fuckin moron to believe that.

Wouldn't it depend on the type of monkey? A chimp would kill any man but I could tear a capuchin in half in a deathmatch.

Puddles

Banned
A really good striker could take out a chimp. Too many chimp-fetishists on this forum. I've never understood that.

Look, Bynum fucked up, but Beasley falling the way he did made it a lot worse than it could have been. Really unlucky for both parties.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Interesting change in reactions from Laker fans with Bynum attempting to injure Beasley compared to Bell trying to injure Kobe.

Bell was just mad. Bynum's play was stupid and wreckless, but I don't think his intent was to hurt Beasley. He just wasn't thinking and he does deserve a suspension because dirty or not that kind of shit can end careers and there is no place for it.

Puddles said:
A really good striker could take out a chimp. Too many chimp-fetishists on this forum. I've never understood that.

Look, Bynum fucked up, but Beasley falling the way he did made it a lot worse than it could have been. Really unlucky for both parties.

Uh, well how was Beasley suppose to control the way he feel when a guy that has over 50 lbs on him pretty much did an Ultimate Warrior shoulder strike to him in midair?

Shadow780

Good shit Bynum, do that stuff more, Beastley's a bitch, and makes others thinks twice about driving into the paint.

he should be suspended, however

Puddles

Banned
obijkenobi said:
Uh, well how was Beasley suppose to control the way he feel when a guy that has over 50 lbs on him pretty much did an Ultimate Warrior shoulder strike to him in midair?

Eh, you guys are right. 1 game suspension at a minimum.

Tom Penny

Ninja Scooter said:
Bell was just mad. Bynum's play was stupid and wreckless, but I don't think his intent was to hurt Beasley. He just wasn't thinking and he does deserve a suspension because dirty or not that kind of shit can end careers and there is no place for it.

Right... He fully turned his elbow at the end the way you yam someone throwing a bow like "get off me" Coincidence he did the similar things before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
It was dirty. No matter what era that would be consider a dirty play. But at the same time I like Bynum a little bit more for doing it. It sends a message to the wolves and other teams that watch the numerous replays of it on sportscenter.

goldenticket said:
this is a better angle (is about a minute into the video)

Fucking disgusting. No place for those kinds of fouls in the league. A blatant hack or even shoving a guy along the baseline sends a message but doesn't risk overt injury. He deserves a suspension for that.

Tom Penny

charsace said:
It was dirty. No matter what era that would be consider a dirty play. But at the same time I like Bynum a little bit more for doing it. It sends a message to the wolves and other teams that watch on of the numerous replays on sportscenter.

I also agree with this statement. It's dirty but in the end if it makes anyone you play against think twice you did your job. Like Bill Russell said. It's not about blocking every shot it's about making the opponent think you are going to block every shot.

charsace said:
It was dirty. No matter what era that would be consider a dirty play. But at the same time I like Bynum a little bit more for doing it. It sends a message to the wolves and other teams that watch the numerous replays of it on sportscenter.

That's a load of shit, that won't affect any team the Lakers play from now on.

They won't remember that and if they do, they won't give a shit.

Also, they may be MORE likely to drive to the basket because Bynum or that team can't afford to pull shit like that or they will get the ire of the league.

Shadow780 said:
Good shit Bynum, do that stuff more, Beastley's a bitch, and makes others thinks twice about driving into the paint.

he should be suspended, however
Yup. Pat riley is chomping at the bit to land thug sexy in heat uni. That's what the heat need afterall, an enforcer. Search your heart pheeniks. You know this is true.

charsace said:

Yeah, it's going to make opponents think about launching into his knees. Great strategy.

charsace

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That's a load of shit, that won't affect any team the Lakers play from now on.

They won't remember that and if they do, they won't give a shit.

Also, they may be MORE likely to drive to the basket because Bynum or that team can't afford to pull shit like that or they will get the ire of the league.
Tell that to the 80's celtics, bad boy pistons and the 90's knicks. People will drive into the lane less if they think there's a good chance they'll get fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom