• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
At this point, I don't think the Celtics could even beat the Knicks.

I'd agree with this... I don't really have an explanation for this. This plan of "take it easy and save yourself for the playoffs" is back firing so hard right now... they are playing the whole damn game. Celts have screwed themselves in the playoffs as I've said before, which really is going to hurt for them when reality sets in.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
msdstc said:
I'd agree with this... I don't really have an explanation for this. This plan of "take it easy and save yourself for the playoffs" is back firing so hard right now... they are playing the whole damn game. Celts have screwed themselves in the playoffs as I've said before, which really is going to hurt for them when reality sets in.
It's worked pretty well, the past two seasons.

They aren't worried.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I still have to go with Rondo on this one. The defense is a little tighter, the ball is at least moving. Rondo isn't hurt... I really have trouble buying into that, I just don't think he cares.

dream

msdstc said:
I still have to go with Rondo on this one. The defense is a little tighter, the ball is at least moving. Rondo isn't hurt... I really have trouble buying into that, I just don't think he cares.

Most of the Boston writers seem to think he's hurt...

I'm with you though. I think he mentally checked out of Boston.

And yeah, KG and Pierce are playing way too many minutes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
Most of the Boston writers seem to think he's hurt...

I'm with you though. I think he mentally checked out of Boston.

And yeah, KG and Pierce are playing way too many minutes.

It's stupidity... if you come out and shut it down you play LESS, how can they not understand that?

This Rondo crap needs to stop too, he's played hurt plenty of times before and he's never had a stretch like this. He's clearly upset about something, he just hasn't put in the effort, he hasn't pushed the ball, he just looks lazy not tired.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gigglepoo said:
How many people know the name of the Grizzlies home arena offhand?

Isn't Delante West in Boston this year?

He's been out pretty much the entire year. However if you're implying he should be sitting Rondo if he's hurt, then yes that would make sense. In fact, if it's true they "don't care" about seeding then just sit the starters if it's about rest. If you really don't care about seeding then why is KG playing more than he has since he got here? Rondo isn't hurt though, at least not seriously, he just needs to suck it up and realize he's not as good as he thinks he is.

dream

Gigglepoo said:

Delonte's really good but he's rusty and he is nowhere near as good as Rondo is at running the Celtics offense.

Remember a month ago when the Celtics were a lock to at least reach the finals? :/

Maybe we can get Perk to give Rondo a call and tell him to cheer up. :(

Sharp

obijkenobi said:
Tim Duncan is out too night. The official reason is trop vieux (French for "too old). Pop is not afraid to troll his own players
Seriously? :heatbench
dream said:
Delonte's really good but he's rusty and he is nowhere near as good as Rondo is at running the Celtics offense.

Remember a month ago when the Celtics were a lock to at least reach the finals? :/

Like I was saying, fantastic trade by Ainge. Anyone else have anything to contribute about that trade's brilliance? Sanjuro? No?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Gigglepoo said:
dream said:

WHOOSH!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
pilonv1 said:
Yep. Right result, wrong way to get there.
Oh, Butler was definitely better. But that call on Butler at half court was terrible and then the refs made up for it with a bad call on the missed free throw. Disgusting final 3 seconds.

pilonv1

Rodeo Clown said:
Oh, Butler was definitely better. But that call on Butler at half court was terrible and then the refs made up for it with a bad call on the missed free throw. Disgusting final 3 seconds.

Those refs will be hired for the Heat's playoff run

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Delonte is doing everything better than Rondo right now. It's not about Krstic first HORRIBLE game as a celt, it's about Rondo not trying. Also Pierce is in a serious funk right now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
I just wish we could recall Perk from the d league.

More stuff about Perk, I just don't buy it. Losing Perk is the reason Rondo and Pierce's % have absolutely plummeted? The reason Rondo isn't playing D, can't run an offense right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom