• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
charsace said:
Tell that to the 80's celtics, bad boy pistons and the 90's knicks. People will drive into the lane less if they think there's a good chance they'll get fucked up.

The Bulls first championship team really shyed away from the lane in their sweep of the Bad Boys.

That's overrated, these are grown men.

Tony Parker isn't going to give two shits about driving to the basket with Bynum there.

It might work on the weak minded players that weren't tough to begin with but it won't with everyone else.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/49184472851169281
#cavs-clips Start time pushed back to 1245 after knife incident at staples center. Everyone OK

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/49185283782098944
Police shot knife wielding intruder in front of cavs bench area with rubber bullets. Unclear if players were on court at time

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/49186648700891136
#Cavs Christian eyenga was on court when police converged on knife wielding intruder

what the fuck LA?

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Circumventing circuses
lamenting in protest
to visible police
presence sponsored fear
batallions of riot police
with rubber bullet kisses
baton courtesy
service with a smile

Beyond the staples center you can see America
I've been on a big SOAD kick lately. :D

Hope they come out with a new album relatively soon.

Booshka

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Yeah, it's going to make opponents think about launching into his knees. Great strategy.
haha yea, they had a close-up of Bynum's knees earlier and Stu was like, "There are some of the most valuable knees in the world right there."

KingGondo said:
I've been on a big SOAD kick lately. :D

Hope they come out with a new album relatively soon.

Well, as you likely know, they are back and touring again in Europe this spring/summer and I have a hunch it will go well and they'll want to make at least one other record.

I doubt it will be soon though.

hahahahaha.

Daron probably has a million ideas laying around like always but they take their time but good chance they'll make one.

alr1ghtstart said:
it was a machete. wtf.

That's some horror film serial killer shit.

Ever since the Monica Seles incident, people and players aren't even safe at sporting events.

I always wonder about the security, it seems way lazy in many places.

ph33nix said:
lmao I missed this!?!? this is fucking TROLLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwB2nITu78

I like how they play Careless Whisper

Sexy-Sax-Man1.jpg
[

Reading David Thorpe's twitter today confirmed that Brandon Knight works at his basketball camp. The conflict of interest he has is absolutely amazing and it's more amazing that he's still employed by ESPN despite being an easily replaceable nobody.

Bread

Banned
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
WTF Cleveland fan mistook Blake Griffon as Lebron?

EDIT: Wait WUT? who the hell was the guy trying to stab on the Cavs?!?
If Adam Blade can't have Baron Davis, no one can!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Puddles said:
A really good striker could take out a chimp. Too many chimp-fetishists on this forum. I've never understood that.

The chimp is a striker, and he's strong enough to smash a coconut with his bare hand.

It would rip your human's arm off, casually.

They run on pure instinct. An animal with no second thoughts will move faster than you understand. A fighter would get mauled and torn to pieces.

Puddles

Banned
K.Jack said:
The chimp is a striker, and he's strong enough to smash a coconut with his bare hand.

Chimps smash coconuts against stones to break them open. I've never heard of one using its bare hands.

It would rip your human's arm off, casually.

Doubtful. It might have the strength to do that with leverage, but not, as you say, "casually."

They run on pure instinct. An animal with no second thoughts will move faster than you understand. A fighter would get mauled and torn to pieces.

Plenty of videos of moving chimps out there. They aren't that fast. The fighter has to prevent the chimp from getting a good grip on him and use precise, powerful strikes.

Sharp

Puddles said:
Chimps smash coconuts against stones to break them open. I've never heard of one using its bare hands.

Doubtful. It might have the strength to do that with leverage, but not, as you say, "casually."

Plenty of videos of moving chimps out there. They aren't that fast. The fighter has to prevent the chimp from getting a good grip on him and use precise, powerful strikes.
Er. Chimps have a far longer reach than humans and are much, much stronger. Explain to me how the human is going to get close enough to execute these precise, powerful strikes. Also, I'm not sure how a video of a chimp moving when it's ambling around is the same as a video of a chimp fighting for its life.

Puddles

Banned
Sharp said:
Er. Chimps have a far longer reach than humans and are much, much stronger. Explain to me how the human is going to get close enough to execute these precise, powerful strikes. Also, I'm not sure how a video of a chimp moving when it's ambling around is the same as a video of a chimp fighting for its life.

Technique.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The Bulls first championship team really shyed away from the lane in their sweep of the Bad Boys.

That's overrated, these are grown men.

Tony Parker isn't going to give two shits about driving to the basket with Bynum there.

It might work on the weak minded players that weren't tough to begin with but it won't with everyone else.

Early in his career, the Lakers beat the Spurs because they put Parker on his ass in a series after torching them. It changed the series completely.

I wonder if that happened today to him if he'd wilt again or not.

Sharp

Puddles said:
Technique.
Just "technique"? Is this the same "technique" that allows welterweights to win heavyweight matches? Because you're talking about a much greater difference in physique than that.

Puddles

Banned
Wow, I took Hickson in the very last round of the NBA fantasy draft before I had to pass the team off to omiee.

omiee, you started Hickson, right?

Sharp said:
Just "technique"? Is this the same "technique" that allows welterweights to win heavyweight matches? Because you're talking about a much greater difference in physique than that.

Heavyweight boxers have technique as well.

Sharp

Puddles said:
Wow, I took Hickson in the very last round of the NBA fantasy draft before I had to pass the team off to omiee.

omiee, you started Hickson, right?

Heavyweight boxers have technique as well.
Don't think of it as heavyweight vs. welterweight. Think of it as man vs. woman. Even in tennis, in practice a good high-school male player can (and usually does) win against the top-ranked women in the world. You gonna try to tell me that the male's technique is on par with the woman's? Bullshit. The physical differences between most humans (not gonna say all, but most) and a chimp is far greater than that between a good highschool tennis player and the best female player in the world. I'm not gonna say no one could beat a chimp but you'd have to be quite the physical specimen. It sure as hell isn't gonna come down to technique.

Sharp said:
Don't think of it as heavyweight vs. welterweight. Think of it as man vs. woman. Even in tennis, in practice a good high-school male player can (and usually does) win against the top-ranked women in the world. You gonna try to tell me that the male's technique is on par with the woman's? Bullshit. The physical differences between most humans (not gonna say all, but most) and a chimp is far greater than that between a good highschool tennis player and the best female player in the world. I'm not gonna say no one could beat a chimp but you'd have to be quite the physical specimen. It sure as hell isn't gonna come down to technique.

You won't say it, but I will. Nobody is beating a chimp in a fight. Nobody. "Technique" to get close to a chimp, smh. What the fuck would the point of that be? Getting close enough so he could bite the shit out of you? Or grab you and do whatever he wanted? How would getting close even help?

A human beating a chimp, smh. This is some Kobe better than Michael bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom