• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
msdstc said:
More stuff about Perk, I just don't buy it. Losing Perk is the reason Rondo and Pierce's % have absolutely plummeted? The reason Rondo isn't playing D, can't run an offense right now?

There's reasons why legends were created about Jeff Green. Ones where he is talked about in a similar light as ***** ****

dream

msdstc said:
More stuff about Perk, I just don't buy it. Losing Perk is the reason Rondo and Pierce's % have absolutely plummeted? The reason Rondo isn't playing D, can't run an offense right now?

What else could it be? Rondo is heartbroken. I think he should man the fuck up and play ball but that doesn't change what losing Perk did to the team's chemistry.

edit: Randy Foye

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
msdstc said:
Perk played ten games for Boston this season.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
What else could it be? Rondo is heartbroken. I think he should man the fuck up and play ball but that doesn't change what losing Perk did to the team's chemistry.

edit: Randy Foye

Ok I'll buy that Rondo is broken up about the trade... I do not buy that losing Perk is the reason the Celts have played like Trash, because they've shown plenty of times they can be dominant since the trade, only flashes of it though.

Did we forget the Celts didn't have Perkins for the entire first half of the season? He had absolutely nothing to do with their dominant start. I understand Shaq was there, and hopefully he's back and healthy for the playoffs. Either way Perk had very little to do with their dominance, he was just a solid defender, but he has very little to do with the issues the celts are currently facing.

dream

msdstc said:
Ok I'll buy that Rondo is broken up about the trade... I do not buy that losing Perk is the reason the Celts have played like Trash, because they've shown plenty of times they can be dominant since the trade, only flashes of it though.

It doesn't really help having all these scrubs join the team and try to learn the Celtics system 3/4 of the way through the season...

Some Celtics fans i know say Jermaine O'Neal will help the team a lot in the playoffs.........lol hell no, I hate that guy so much :/

Baby has been playing like a beast the last few games.

David West is the biggest bitch, starts so much shit for no reason

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
It doesn't really help having all these scrubs join the team and try to learn the Celtics system 3/4 of the way through the season...

Once again it has nothing to do with this... most of the problems are with the starters. Pierce has been shooting HORRIBLE as has Rondo.

Pierce made a shot?!

edit- and he missed another. 1-9, directly after a 2-10, and 2 games before that a 2-10.

dream

msdstc said:
Once again it has nothing to do with this... most of the problems are with the starters. Pierce has been shooting HORRIBLE as has Rondo.

Pierce made a shot?!

PAUL PIERCE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dunno...rose-tinted glasses and all but I thought Pierce was pretty great before the ASB. But when he's bad, he's really fucking bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
PAUL PIERCE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dunno...rose-tinted glasses and all but I thought Pierce was pretty great before the ASB. But when he's bad, he's really fucking bad.

Believe me I'm used to Boston sports so I understand how people can overrate athletes around here (see Kendrick Perkins). That being said this is about as bad as I've seen him play. 1-9 again tonight. He just keeps jackin them up too. Reminds me last year in OT against the Magic, just firing away.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Amazing that his teams never won anything.
Not really. Those 80s Nuggets teams didn't play defense.

Whoops confused him with Alex English. Sorry, their careers are so similar.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
... Tommy is usually a bit much but Pierce was absolutely getting mauled there... that not being called a foul is a disgrace.

Rodeo Clown said:
The Wolves love Jimmer. And we all know they have no problems reaching for a prospect.

fredette-si.jpg

Check out that smile! Kahn won't even have a choice after the interview. Except until he shakes Jan Vesely's (7'6 wingspan) hand.

I will rage if Jazz pick Jimmer.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Check out that smile! Kahn won't even have a choice after the interview.
"I may have passed on the original Steph Curry, but I made up for it and brought you the white one."

dIEHARD said:
WHY?

We took Hayward last year, but Jimmer would make you rage?

I raged at Hayward as well because he wasn't close to Paul George as a prospect and he's not close to Paul George in the NBA, so yeah. If the Jazz take Jimmer over Valanciunas, Kanter, or even Perry Jones or Barnes, it would be a major mistake. Hayward's going to be a good player, but he's athletic, smart, and can dribble whereas Jimmer can just shoot.

edit: Are there stats showing how many shots are assisted for college basketball like 82games.com has?

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I raged at Hayward as well because he wasn't close to Paul George as a prospect and he's not close to Paul George in the NBA, so yeah. If the Jazz take Jimmer over Valanciunas, Kanter, or even Perry Jones or Barnes, it would be a major mistake. Hayward's going to be a good player, but he's athletic, smart, and can dribble whereas Jimmer can just shoot.

edit: Are there stats showing how many shots are assisted for college basketball like 82games.com has?
Right now the ONLY thing Hayward has over Fredette is height and defense. Any other area's really arent even close, and i like Hayward.

reilo

Law of averages: after Wesley hits five straight threes, he airballs his next one haha.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ninja Scooter said:
are you guys gonna hang up a banner with your final record on it after you get eliminated in the WCF?

this season doesn't count unless it's a trip to the finals

BruceLeeRoy said:
Anyone know why Kobe was so pissed in the interview last night? Couldn't have just been his typical loathing of sports media.

I don't know but he's always like that it seems.

What's even more awkward is Phil getting interviewed, especially between halves.

He has this smirk on his face and while he doesn't really say anything too offensive, he always acts like the person is wasting his time.

I know they have better things to worry about but most coaches are more gracious and polite but I think it's actually amusing.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Anyone know why Kobe was so pissed in the interview last night? Couldn't have just been his typical loathing of sports media.

Kobe's always salty about something. I love the guy but he seems to have the personality of a 70 year old man.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't know but he's always like that it seems.

What's even more awkward is Phil getting interviewed, especially between halves.

He has this smirk on his face and while he doesn't really say anything too offensive, he always acts like the person is wasting his time.

I know they have better things to worry about but most coaches are more gracious and polite but I think it's actually amusing.

You might be right but I have seen Kobe look annoyed over getting badgered by reporters and give snippy comments. He looked really pissed. Maybe he was mad about getting incessant questions about his health but it seemed like something else.

BruceLeeRoy said:
You might be right but I have seen Kobe look annoyed over getting badgered by reporters and give snippy comments. He looked really pissed. Maybe he was mad about getting incessant questions about his health but it seemed like something else.

Yeah, I won't say the questions don't instigate him in his mind but most people usually put up with less than praiseworthy ones and even stupid and repetitive ones.

He seems to have a fast "temper" in this regard more than other players.

He needs to have fun more with the media, maybe he thinks they are out to get him.

I didn't see this particular interview though.

Wes Matthews is on some Jesus Shuttlesworth shit right now.

Too bad Iggy isn't here to chart him.

Luckily Turner is there to lock him down in the second...or foul out.

reilo

Knux-Future said:
Wes Matthews is on some Jesus Shuttlesworth shit right now.

Too bad Iggy isn't here to chart him.

Luckily Turner is there to lock him down in the second...or foul out.
Outside of the dumb fouls he committed -- which were of the stupid rookie variety -- he actually looked like he had some talent and an NBA-ready body to do some damage. I think he's just not confident enough in what he wants to do on the basketball court.

reilo said:
Outside of the dumb fouls he committed -- which were of the stupid rookie variety -- he actually looked like he had some talent and an NBA-ready body to do some damage. I think he's just not confident enough in what he wants to do on the basketball court.

He plays like this often but for most games he drifts around the perimeter and look all emo

Dude can get to the rim at will but doesn't.

Spooks

Adam Blade said:
Hey guys, who can the Clippers draft with their 1st rounder this year?

... oh wait. :/
Yeah about that... I'm gonna need the Clippers to start losing more games plz. Cavs have another Top 10 Pick at stake here yeah know!

exarkun

I really don't want to hear about Perkins leaving boston and how it affects the team ever again. He was injured most of the time, and I just don't see it.

This Jimmer shit is getting unbearable. Everyone is acting like he's the white Grant Hill. He's getting texts from Giants players telling him to think about the Knicks? WTF is this shit.

Grunfield wants Valanciunas! Fucking Wizards, they can't actually make a good pick for once, can they? Valanciunas is a future Jazz man, get over it, and take the sure-fire bust in Perry Jones already. Perry Jones has bad BBIQ and is soft! You love those things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom