• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

5dbDu.png

............who writes this crap, losing Chalmers isn't going to affect us much at all.

Sharp

The M.O.B said:
http://i.imgur.com/5dbDu.png[IMG]

............who writes this crap, losing Chalmers isn't going to affect us much at all.[/QUOTE]
"Not going to affect us much" is a [i]very[/i] generous description of how Chalmers leaving affects the team.

Derwind

The M.O.B said:
http://i.imgur.com/5dbDu.png[IMG]

............who writes this crap, losing Chalmers isn't going to affect us much at all.[/QUOTE]

[U]Post-Season 2011, Heat knocked out in the first round[/U]

Heat fan: [I]B-b-but, if Chalmers was coming off the bench, things woulda been different..........[/I]

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Derwind said:
Post-Season 2011, Heat knocked out in the first round

Heat fan: B-b-but, if Chalmers was coming off the bench, things woulda been different..........

lol?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
freethrows.png

This is a pretty cool chart. It basically plots points in the paint versus free-throw attempts. Notice how Miami is third-last in points-in-the-paint (ahead of Dallas and Milwaukee), but have the best ratio of any team by far and are third-best in free-throw attempts. Ditto to Oklahoma City. Welcome to today's NBA.

dream

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo has not been himself recently, and now we know why.

The Celtics' all-star point guard has been battling a right pinkie injury, one that Rondo said has been bothering him for the past couple of weeks.

That makes sense.

Derwind said:
Post-Season 2011, Heat knocked out in the first round

Heat fan: B-b-but, if Chalmers was coming off the bench, things woulda been different..........
Beyond retarded chalmers is interchangeable with bibby it won't make shit of a difference

CherryWoodFuton said:
It's like comparing a regular turd with a turd with a small daisy growing at it's peak it's still gonna smell putrid
... oh boy.

The good thing here is by seeing Bibby start for awhile you'll appreciate Chalmers more when he comes back.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Frankman said:
... oh boy.

The good thing here is by seeing Bibby start for awhile you'll appreciate Chalmers more when he comes back.

I hope Chalmers can go someone to have a chance to shine a bit...

honestly, Bibby is probably the worst defensive guard in the NBA right now. But at least he has balls for the big moments.

But, uh, who backs him up? If they plan on using a Miller-Wade-Lebron-Bosh combo against Boston and Chicago, I don't see how that could possibly end well for them. Moreso when one of bron/Wade is on the bench for a rest with Bibby. Good luck.

edit:

“Ratliff practiced today for the second time this week and if all goes well during scheduled practices this week, he could be sound enough to play”

Jesus Ratliff back from the beyond? League on notice!

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Chalmers is better than the modern day Bibby.

The sad thing is he's really not. The reason they signed Bibby is because they have Chalmers. Chalmers is a better defender, but not a game changer by any means.

Blackace said:
I hope Chalmers can go someone to have a chance to shine a bit...

His "shining" will be turning the ball over more frequently, making more boneheaded plays, and sitting down in foul trouble quicker because his definition of defense is reaching in and going for steals.

Chalmers is not better than Bibby, folks. Not even now. I don't know what crack yall are smoking.

charsace

reilo said:
freethrows.png

This is a pretty cool chart. It basically plots points in the paint versus free-throw attempts. Notice how Miami is third-last in points-in-the-paint (ahead of Dallas and Milwaukee), but have the best ratio of any team by far and are third-best in free-throw attempts. Ditto to Oklahoma City. Welcome to today's NBA.
Didn't really need that chart to know this. If you breathe on any of their 3 guys when they are making a move there will be a foul call.

There is a game against the celtics that stands out to me because Miami was getting handled and then halfway through the 3rd they started getting a ton of calls and ft attempts that made it seem like they were back into the game. It was just head scratching bullshit.

charsace said:
Didn't really need that chart to know this. If you breathe on any of their 3 guys when they are making a move there will be a foul call.

There is a game against the celtics that stands out to me because Miami was getting handled and then halfway through the 3rd they started getting a ton of calls and ft attempts that made it seem like they were back into the game. It was just head scratching bullshit.

lol

you are the whiniest bitch in the history of bitches

The Stealth Fox

I don't even like the Heat and I agree.

I still remember when he was all like "WE GONNA GET LEBRON BITCHES" after they signed Amare''''''.

Then LeBron signed with the Heat and he's been crying ever since. "LEBRON AINT THAT GOOD".

Sour. Grapes.

charsace

The Stealth Fox said:
I don't even like the Heat and I agree.

I still remember when he was all like "WE GONNA GET LEBRON BITCHES" after they signed Amare''''''.

Then LeBron signed with the Heat and he's been crying ever since. "LEBRON AINT THAT GOOD".

Sour. Grapes.
If you say so. Not like the numbers and videos posted all over the place don't support what I'm saying.

The Stealth Fox

charsace said:
If you say so. Not like the numbers and videos posted all over the place don't support what I'm saying.

Sure but if the Heat were going 80-2 nothing would change in your tone. You've been whining ever since he signed with the Heat.

He didn't come to NY. Let it go, man.

charsace

The Stealth Fox said:
Sure but if the Heat were going 80-2 nothing would change in your tone. You've been whining ever since he signed with the Heat.

He didn't come to NY. Let it go, man.
How am I whining? Pointing out something is whining now? The heat are the biggest topic this season in the NBA. Something like this has never happened before so of course people, myself included, are going to be constantly talking about them. It is what they wanted.

I got over not getting Lebron a long time ago. Its not like he was a knick and left.

Derwind

Rodeo Clown said:
Kurt Rambis defended Andrew Bynum's flagrant 2 on Michael Beasley. What a clown. He can't get fired soon enough.

Oh jeez, you guys should hold a petition to get rid of him. Aren't the coaches supposed to be the one's that keep their team confidence up? How would anyone feel any confidence in a coach who won't defend his own players. What a disgrace.

Just wondering, do you have a link of where you heard this?

And, I feel bad for the wolves franchise man, they'll never get anywhere with Kahn & Rambis leading the pack. :/

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Rodeo Clown said:
Kurt Rambis defended Andrew Bynum's flagrant 2 on Michael Beasley. What a clown. He can't get fired soon enough.
Why hasn't he been suspended yet?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Derwind said:
Just wondering, do you have a link of where you heard this?
It was in the Star Tribune
Rambis tutored Bynum when he was a Lakers assistant coach.

"I know Andrew, he wasn't going up to do anyting malicious," Rambis said. "He was just going to protect the basket. So I think he was making a good basketball play out of it. Those [flagrant fouls] are judgment calls by the referees. Unfortunately, Michael got hurt on it."
Forearm shiver: good basketball play. I hate him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom