• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Can't wait for the robot refs so that Kevin Martin can be out of the league. Dude has no game other than pretending to be stabbed.

Jealous. You had your own K-Mart but he destroyed your coach.

Godslay said:
Looking ahead, I'm glad Melo's gone. The air seems clear, and surprisingly these guys seem much more hungry than Melo was. I'm sure this might piss off the Knick's fans, but I feel like we gutted their team, due to Melo's selfish requests and the Knick's front office not wanting to look stupid for not getting another superstar. I think that if Melo would have ridden it out and the Knicks were more patient they would have a ECF level team, but instead it seems like they are borderline .500 team for now.
Most important word here.

Basically, there's a ton of pressure on a team in transition trying to learn on the go. Fans need to realize expectations should change this year, it's next year that's the biggie. However you'd like to see the team gel quicker, as you don't know which Knicks team will play from time to time. But they'll have to draft the right big and hope Jared Jordan progresses enough to possibly win a spot in camp. I also anticipate some guys going (maybe they'll effing sign Earl Barron in the offseason). Bottom line, the team's ceiling in the future is better now than it was before. They need to add depth
and Jeff Van Gundy
and this team will be fine.

Anth0ny

I'm pretty sure San Antonio and Cleveland's records have been inverse of each other for the entire year. It's God's will that when the Spurs lose, the Cavs win!

Gabyskra

Banned
I love the way James Johnson has been playing for the Raptors. Elite defender stuff. He could have played the 2 for the Bulls, what a mistake.

Gabyskra said:
I love the way James Johnson has been playing for the Raptors. Elite defender stuff. He could have played the 2 for the Bulls, what a mistake.
Apparently he didn't understand/communicate the defensive schemes like Bogans does.

Godslay

Banned
The Frankman said:
Most important word here.

Basically, there's a ton of pressure on a team in transition trying to learn on the go. Fans need to realize expectations should change this year, it's next year that's the biggie. However you'd like to see the team gel quicker, as you don't know which Knicks team will play from time to time. But they'll have to draft the right big and hope Jared Jordan progresses enough to possibly win a spot in camp. I also anticipate some guys going (maybe they'll effing sign Earl Barron in the offseason). Bottom line, the team's ceiling in the future is better now than it was before. They need to add depth
and Jeff Van Gundy
and this team will be fine.

Of course. If the main guys stay healthy, and they make some moves to improve their depth, they will be just fine. The team has it's stars now it simply needs to build around them.

D'Antoni needs to go to a middling franchise that just need some exciting basketball to sell tickets. He is wasting the time of a market like NY or LA that has championship aspirations though, because you will never win a title playing his style. If NY fires him, a team like Sacramento/Anaheim would be smart to pick him up.

The Stealth Fox

Utah fans whining about refs is ironic. Jerry Sloan would command his players to foul as much as they can and dare the refs to call it every time down the floor, especially at home.

Also, everyone remembers shotclock-gate.

Derwind

Ninja Scooter said:
D'Antoni needs to go to a middling franchise that just need some exciting basketball to sell tickets. He is wasting the time of a market like NY or LA that has championship aspirations though, because you will never win a title playing his style. If NY fires him, a team like Sacramento/Anaheim would be smart to pick him up.

Or Toronto!!!! We need to be in the conversation!!!

diehard

Fleer
The Stealth Fox said:
Utah fans whining about refs is ironic. Jerry Sloan would command his players to foul as much as they can and dare the refs to call it every time down the floor, especially at home.

Also, everyone remembers shotclock-gate.
Yes, this is totally what Jerry would do. I remember shotclock-gate well, screwed twice on our own floor in the finals.

Great plays by Hayward and Favors.

The Stealth Fox said:
They called them the Moving Sloans for a reason.

Utah stinks because there's no Sloan to teach his players how to get away with a moving screen.

Are you kidding me? Our rookies are some of the best moving screen people in the league.

diehard

Fleer
The Stealth Fox said:
They called them the Moving Sloans for a reason.

Utah stinks because there's no Sloan to teach his players how to get away with a moving screen.
You would think 12 years later that Rocket fans wouldn't be so bitter anymore.

Blackface

Banned
Derwind said:
Or Toronto!!!! We need to be in the conversation!!!

Toronto is a top 10 NBA franchise in value, at one point top 5. We don't need a go no where system. All we need is hope.

We were still selling out the ACC not making the playoffs with Bosh. The attendance this year is some of the worst we have ever had, because the team has no hope.

D'antoni needs to go to a team that can't sell tickets even if the team is doing well.

Smokey

I have enjoyed spectating on the usual banter from the Jazz crew when a Rockets game is on.

Refs, yustillbitter12yrslater, complaining about floppers on other teams (incredibly ironic). Guess I'd be mad too if i lost a franchise coach and PG in one season. Oh well. Dat W.

.5 games out of 8th

Love the Thabeet era

Awful coaching. Raja Bell can't play basketball so play him the last 15 minutes of the game. Al is having a bad game and is up against the Rockets' best defender, iso him almost every time. CJ, Millsap, and Favors had good games, but this greatly damages the Jazz's already slim playoff hopes.

Gigglepoo

Ninja Scooter said:
D'Antoni needs to go to a middling franchise that just need some exciting basketball to sell tickets.

A middling franchise that's loaded with offensive firepower... I got it! He should coach the Knicks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom