• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

giri said:
getting those bottom 4 play off seeds in the east for the last 6 years didn't really count for much in terms of a "good" season.

It's also really easy to maintain that when you're a big market team with an owner willing to spend. Especially when most of your competitions are either 1) cheap, and/or 2) dumb.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
First this:
FOX40 has learned exclusively about an innovative new plan to solve the Kings' arena problems. A group of government and business leaders is discussing it and hopes to talk with Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof to go over it as early as Friday.
Then this:
Marc J. Spears
Source close to Kings situation found Sac TV report of a new way to keep team from leaving laughable. Called chances of team staying remote.
It's such a joke that the NBA is going to let the Kings leave Sacramento for Anaheim.

exarkun

Its terrible, but if their arena sucks and their practice facilities shitty...what should they do? Hows their attendance?

I honestly hate it when cities don't care enough about a team to get them new arena or facilities. That and when there aren't that many fans that go.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
exarkun said:
Its terrible, but if their arena sucks and their practice facilities shitty...what should they do? Hows their attendance?

I honestly hate it when cities don't care enough about a team to get them new arena or facilities. That and when there aren't that many fans that go.
Attendance: 489,312 (28th of 30)
13,592 per game (29th)

Rodeo Clown

exarkun said:

Sacramento can't get one done, but it's not because the people don't care. The Maloofs ran the team into the ground and turned off a lot of people. They've continue to meddle and screw up the rebuild following the Webber-led teams. But Sacramento also sold out ARCO 17 of 26 seasons the team was there.

Fact is that there are no new arenas or stadiums being built in anywhere in California. Do people in San Diego not care about the Chargers because they can't get them a new stadium built?

ARCO is ancient, but so is Honda Center. It seats less than 18,000. It'll be the smallest arena in the league, and it's right in the back yard of the Lakers and Clippers. This is a lousy move.

reilo

Adam Blade said:
In the Honda Center's defense, it still is newer than the ARCO Arena.
By six seasons, yet the Honda Center only seats 300 more.

reilo said:
Attendance: 489,312 (28th of 30)
13,592 per game (29th)

The sad part is that there's nothing to do in Sacramento anyway, so with these figures, that's how you know you suck.

Shoulda gone to Vegas. Not sure what kind of support they expect down there, they'll be second-rate to the Clippers.

reilo

Songs for the Deaf is quite an apropos name. This shit isn't very interesting to listen to, and the radio interludes are annoying.

Rodeo Clown

reilo said:
Songs for the Deaf is quite an apropos name. This shit isn't very interesting to listen to, and the radio interludes are annoying.
It has only 3 tracks worth a damn: No One Knows, First it Giveth, and Go With the Flow. It gets way too much love because it was the introduction of a lot of people to QotSA.

Lullabies to Paralyze is much better.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
Not their best album for sure but i still can't hate on the singles from that album (go with the flow and no one knows).
Rodeo Clown said:
Lullabies to Paralyze is much better.
I love "tangled up in plaid" and "i never came".

giri

Rodeo Clown said:
Sacramento can't get one done, but it's not because the people don't care. The Maloofs ran the team into the ground and turned off a lot of people. They've continue to meddle and screw up the rebuild following the Webber-led teams. But Sacramento also sold out ARCO 17 of 26 seasons the team was there.

Fact is that there are no new arenas or stadiums being built in anywhere in California. Do people in San Diego not care about the Chargers because they can't get them a new stadium built?

ARCO is ancient, but so is Honda Center. It seats less than 18,000. It'll be the smallest arena in the league, and it's right in the back yard of the Lakers and Clippers. This is a lousy move.
I don't see it as a bad move, but i don't see it as a good move either. Seems completely lateral, a move for moves sake. For every bit of new revenue they're going to get, is probably going to be spent on the relocation fee's and rebranding anyway. Then in 6 years, they're going to either move into staples as the 3rd team, or relocate. Seems to make more sense to just relocate now, out of state, to me.

giri said:
Chandler is mediocre. The evidence is his career to date.

Chauncy is better on O, and makes much smarter decisions and less stupid passes than felton. I know it seems odd to say, because i also think he can be bit of a chucker, but he's still a great 3pt shooter (shooting over .400 for the season). They only gave up some D, but chauncy CAN play D when he chooses too. But he's backed up by absolutely no interior D at all.

the only real loss is on that third player, because if you think gallo is == melo, you're insane. But gallo plays the same position so he was always going to be redundant anyway.

And i didn't say anything about team USA, nor is there any logical reason to bring it up, have you got a chip on your shoulder about something? Amare didn't go to beijing either, i wouldn't call him a role player?
Don't bother arguing with him. He only seems to post after Knicks lose. I thought he was a Denver fan but he doesn't seem to post during Denver games... it's weird. But to add to the argument, would the Knicks have commuted 5/80 to Chandler? I doubt it...

etiolate

Banned
exarkun said:

The Arena is older but it's not easy to build sports complexes in California. It takes a lot of work and public funding, and the Maloofs already killed one vote to get it an arena going. The Anaheim arena is only five years newer and they are already talking of trying to get public funding to improve it for the Maloofs. It also doesn't help that Sacramento is one of the hardest hit cities due to the housing market collapse.

The practice facility is state of the art and one of the best if not the best in the NBA.

Attendance is down from when the city had the long sellout streak, but they're still drawing 12-13k while being one of the worst teams in the league for at least three years running.

Rodeo Clown

dIEHARD said:
That is still a good album. "Hangin' Tree" is a nice change of pace from Homme, "Gonna leave you" isnt a bad song.
They're decent, but it's a bad Queens album.

R > Lullabies > Self-Titled > Era Vulgaris > SftD

But I adore Lullabies. Something about depressed Homme is magic.

giri

The Frankman said:
Don't bother arguing with him. He only seems to post after Knicks lose. I thought he was a Denver fan but he doesn't seem to post during Denver games... it's weird. But to add to the argument, would the Knicks have commuted 5/80 to Chandler? I doubt it...
I don't think anyone should. Chandler as a starter on any chip team would be that teams derek fisher. Off the bench how ever... he could be quite useful.

linsivvi

The Frankman said:

I think he's a Nets fan.....

Rodeo Clown

Black Mamba said:
that is the only really good song on the album.
Misfit Love, Make it Wit Chu, 3s and 7s, Suture Up Your Future.

I don't mind Sick, Sick, Sick, either.

dIEHARD said:
Like i said, the chorus from "I'm Designer" is god-tier.
It's a shame about the rest of the song.

dIEHARD said:
Like i said, the chorus from "I'm Designer" is god-tier.

What? this is crazy.

Only really liked that, turnin' on the screw, and 3's and 7's off the album. Sure, compared to most music it's still a decent album, but not nearly as good as anything QotSA released prior and nowhere close to Rated R. And this version of make it with chu is just inferior to the original, so I was disappointed there.

Aren't they recording again?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Lumping Sportscenter "superstars" together with no care of how they will work and play together without adding any complimentary good players along with them is not how you win in the league.

It'd be one thing if they could keep adding next year but it seems neither the Knicks nor Heat can really improve their rosters drastically so they are stuck with incomplete teams with no quality reserve depth.

Throwing talent on a roster means shit.

As Denver has shown, a bunch of decent to good players is better than a few so called superstars with nothing else.

Ok, answer this then. Last summer, in the situation we were in, what would you have done instead?

And I love how you are talking like the Heat will never win a championship. Is Chicago's success really making you that arrogant?

linsivvi said:
I think he's a Nets fan.....
cornette.jpg

ph33nix said:
Ok, answer this then. Last summer, in the situation we were in, what would you have done instead?

And I love how you are talking like the Heat will never win a championship. Is Chicago's success really making you that arrogant?

Should have signed Matthews instead of Mike Miller.

exarkun said:

They should bring them back to KC where the nearest NBA team is 5 1/2 hours away, there's a beautiful, state of the art NBA arena waiting for them, and they'll have a nutty fanbase who'll give them 20k attendance even if they suck.

Rodeo Clown said:
Supposedly after this tour.

Hopefully we get another TCV album within the next couple years, too.

they're touring before releasing an album? I just read A Perfect Circle is back and touring too, but no album.

I guess that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

giri

ph33nix said:

Correy brewer is a good jump shooter and Korver a good defender.

exarkun said:
I honestly hate it when cities don't care enough about a team to get them new arena or facilities.

I honestly hate it when cash strapped civic governments are extorted by billionaires for multi-million dollar buildings for their rubber ball bouncing show.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
giri said:

I didn't know Corey Brewer was on the Bulls. Adding him would definitely make the Bulls' bench a little above average.

ph33nix said:

Ph33, if the Bulls had gotten Bosh and LeBron, I don't know if it would've been the same thing because Rose wasn't viewed to be as good as Wade at the time. I know Chicago wouldn't have thrown that celebration rally thing. At the same time, I would've been completely crazy and probably would've acted the same way that all Heat fans did, but I don't think the hate would've been half as large as it is now.

giri said:

lmao

you fucking got me

i highlighted that part to say "fucking excuse me?" and then I saw korver=good defender

well played my man

SephCast said:
I didn't know Corey Brewer was on the Bulls. Adding him would definitely make the Bulls' bench a little above average.

Ph33, if the Bulls had gotten Bosh and LeBron, I don't know if it would've been the same thing because Rose wasn't viewed to be as good as Wade at the time. I know Chicago wouldn't have thrown that celebration rally thing. At the same time, I would've been completely crazy and probably would've acted the same way that all Heat fans did, but I don't think the hate would've been half as large as it is now.

I'm gonna say this one more time: It was not the players' fault the celebration was thrown. That got them off guard and they didn't know it happened till they got to arena. If anything, hate on the organization...but then again, that was for the city of Miami. Not anyone else.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
l
I'm gonna say this one more time: It was not the players' fault the celebration was thrown. That got them off guard and they didn't know it happened till they got to arena. If anything, hate on the organization...but then again, that was for the city of Miami. Not anyone else.

D-Wade or LeBron could have stepped up and said, "hey, we don't want to do that yet". No, instead they went along with it and gave us a lot of obnoxious quotes like, "Yeah, we are going to be real Hollywood down here" and "Not one...not two...."

ph33nix said:
lmao

you fucking got me

i highlighted that part to say "fucking excuse me?" and then I saw korver=good defender

well played my man

LOL! And you tell me that I am wrong? Who forced Bron to hold the Decision? Who forced him to go not 1, not 2, not 3... Yea, thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom