• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
SephCast said:
D-Wade or LeBron could have stepped up and said, "hey, we don't want to do that yet". No, instead they went along with it and gave us a lot of obnoxious quotes like, "Yeah, we are going to be real Hollywood down here" and "Not one...not two...."

Yeah, they were gonna step in and say "no we're not doing it" after the organization and arena workers spent all day setting it up

Use your head dude, not your heart

LovingSteam said:
LOL! And you tell me that I am wrong? Who forced Bron to hold the Decision? Who forced him to go not 1, not 2, not 3... Yea, thought so.

Dude, we're talking about this celebration that people have been misinformed about...now that they're informed, you wanna continue bashing? That's why I can't take anything lebron or heat related from you seriously. It's just the same shit, all the time.

ph33nix said:
Yeah, they were gonna step in and say "no we're not doing it" after the organization and arena workers spent all day setting it up

Really? And did the organization tell them to do not 1, not 2, not 3? Hmmm?

giri

ph33nix said:
lmao

you fucking got me

i highlighted that part to say "fucking excuse me?" and then I saw korver=good defender

well played my man

SephCast said:
I didn't know Corey Brewer was on the Bulls. Adding him would definitely make the Bulls' bench a little above average.

To be honest, i meant ronnie, but then i remembered Coreys terrible anyway, (Ronnie .227 from 3, Corey .265) and just hit submit. Tho in context it should've been ronnie, aparently TheGreatHomer has no problem with ronnie taking jumpers and thinks he's decent at it.

Are they actually related does anyone know? Both borni n Portland, tho it looks like in different states?

Ronnie Brewer is an absolute asset on the Bulls' defense. I've seen numerous pokes from the guy even if the other team ends up getting the ball back. He works the baseline great too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
giri said:
Are they actually related does anyone know? Both borni n Portland, tho it looks like in different states?
Come on man, they're not even the same shade of black.

reilo said:
By six seasons, yet the Honda Center only seats 300 more.

What do the luxury seat numbers look like? And do the Maloofs get a piece of all Honda Center revenue? Those are probably more important than raw attendance. I remember hearing that Sterling gets a small piece of all Staples revenue (including Laker games) which is probably why he will never leave.

LovingSteam said:
Really? And did the organization tell them to do not 1, not 2, not 3? Hmmm?

He's hyping up the fans that were there. I'm sorry it isn't the vanilla answer you wanted, like "We're going to work hard and be humble and blah blah."

By the way, watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYe8B--jrbs&feature=related

"You three came down here to win championships, not one...LeBron, tell them how many"

It's not like he got up there and said "We ARE" going to. It's what they want. Is that too much to ask?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:

I highly doubt that they were not consulted about the rally.

SephCast said:
I highly doubt that they were not consulted about the rally.

I know you do.

They've said many times they didn't know it was happening. And they've said many times they would do it again to bring something positive to the city of Miami. So deal with it.

ph33nix said:
He's hyping up the fans that were there. I'm sorry it isn't the vanilla answer you wanted, like "We're going to work hard and be humble and blah blah."

By the way, watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYe8B--jrbs&feature=related

"You three came down here to win championships, not one...LeBron, tell them how many"

It's not like he got up there and said "We ARE" going to. It's what they want. Is that too much to ask?

If that statement was made in a vacuum it'd be one thing. It wasn't. All 3 were basking in the attention that they received. Lebron with his decision show. Wade and Bosh filming their little agreement and the lead up. Then coming to the celebration at the arena (don't even tell me they didn't know about it). And finally the not 1, not 2, not 3. If they went to a different team and did that you wouldn't be defending them so don't do it just because you're a Heat fan.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
I know you do.

They've said many times they didn't know it was happening. And they've said many times they would do it again to bring something positive to the city of Miami. So deal with it.

Link? Source?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a usual Heat hater. I'm not antagonizing you. I have dealt with it and am glad to see that media coverage has normalized and attention is a little more even spread.

And I do use my head over my heart, and that's why I don't think the Bulls are championship favorites.

Rodeo Clown said:
It has only 3 tracks worth a damn: No One Knows, First it Giveth, and Go With the Flow. It gets way too much love because it was the introduction of a lot of people to QotSA.

And Grohl drumming on it I think.

Hey, I love Grohl but a lot of the songs on that album are unlistenable shit.

But the songs you mentioned are the only songs I like on that album, weird.

LovingSteam said:
If that statement was made in a vacuum it'd be one thing. It wasn't. All 3 were basking in the attention that they received. Lebron with his decision show. Wade and Bosh filming their little agreement and the lead up. Then coming to the celebration at the arena (don't even tell me they didn't know about it). And finally the not 1, not 2, not 3. If they went to a different team and did that you wouldn't be defending them so don't do it just because you're a Heat fan.

The fact that you're so quick to dismiss the celebration like that just goes to show that you're thinking narrowly. They went there expecting a press conference, but first they were told to talk to the crowd. But whatever, you're clearly stuck in your beliefs and I in mine, so it doesn't matter. But I know you're going keep playing the homer card with me...that's just what happens around here.

And yeah, I do defend them because they're on my team. But I wouldn't go attacking them if it was someone else's team.

And if you're gonna hate athletes for loving attention...you should hate pretty much most teams and athletes then.

SephCast said:
Link? Source?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a usual Heat hater. I'm not antagonizing you. I have dealt with it and am glad to see that media coverage has normalized and attention is a little more even spread.

And I do use my head over my heart, and that's why I don't think the Bulls are championship favorites.

Chris Bosh mentioned it on the Dan LeBatard show.

but Wade talked about it a bit on PTI. Didn't mention not knowing it though. But it's something they've been saying all year/

http://search.espn.go.com/dwyane-wade/videos/6

ph33nix is right. Just look at how shocked Lebron and the others looked to be there. You could see the shame in their eyes. They probably felt exploited.

giri

reilo said:
Come on man, they're not even the same shade of black.
I don't judge how much of a whore their mother could've been, by the colour of their skin. That'd just be racist.

Also, i never said ronnie wasn't good on D, he's a decent man defender.

Black Mamba said:
ph33nix is right. Just look at how shocked Lebron and the others looked to be there. You could see the shame in their eyes. They probably felt exploited.

Yeah, because they're not used to playing basketball in front of 15000+.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
And yeah, I do defend them because they're on my team. But I wouldn't go attacking them if it was someone else's team.

Really? I know I sure as hell hated the shit out of Gary Payton and Karl Malone for being ringchasers on that fake Showtime Lakers team.

SephCast said:
Really? I know I sure as hell hated the shit out of Gary Payton and Karl Malone for being ringchasers on that fake Showtime Lakers team.

What's wrong with that? They spent their careers with mostly one team, and wanted a taste of success they've never had. Took less salary...

I think athletes in general are douchebags, but I just don't understand
unless it's a new york jet
why people seem to love ripping them to shreds for everything they do and watch to hope for failure. I guess its fun?

ph33nix said:
Ok, answer this then. Last summer, in the situation we were in, what would you have done instead?

And I love how you are talking like the Heat will never win a championship. Is Chicago's success really making you that arrogant?

To be honest, I don't pay THAT much attention to the money aspect of the teams.

But how about bring in Bosh from free agency and don't go for another really big star that will cost a shitload of money but rather go for two to three very good players to add to that inside/outside core????

Don't put words into my mouth though(others do it on here and it makes them look bad), I think the Heat can win it all, just not for a long while.

Could they win it this year????

I say 0% chance but anything is possible.

Get Haslem back, try to get some decent players in the offseason that aren't just great players of yesteryear and even though you still have a coach way over his head(seems like a nice guy though and I heard he enforces what Riley wants---still not the same with him not courtside) I think the Heat will be dangerous.

I didn't want LeBron on the Bulls but I wanted Wade and I wanted Bosh with him.

That was at that time, not sure I want either anymore but when the Bulls had to settle for Boozer, I was ecstatic as even though realizing his deficiencies(terrible defender, often injured, questionable playoff competitior), the Bulls were getting a consistent post scorer that knows how to pass and rebound and would be a nice ying to Derrick's yang.

Then the Bulls added role players along with Boozer and to be honest, hit a homerun as they all just have their place in the games and they all have contributed very well.

Not a perfect team but a complete team.

ph33nix said:
What's wrong with that? They spent their careers with mostly one team, and wanted a taste of success they've never had. Took less salary...

why people seem to love ripping them to shreds for everything they do and watch to hope for failure. I guess its fun?

You really don't understand it? Wow.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:

Well, I guess it's just personal preference. I Blame MJ.

giri

ph33nix said:

I don't think anyone watches Nash and hopes for his failure. I hope for the teams so they trade him to a better situation.

Jazz playing a home game tonight is pretty much the worst scheduling in recent memory. No one knew that BYU would be this popular this year and/or make it to the Sweet 16, but the stands are going to be empty :( Jazz haven't announced starting lineup with game only an hour away.

edit: Just announced starters, Bell starting over Hayward and Evans, why are you this bad of a coach, Corbin? Why? Why do you hate Jazz fans and quality basketball?

giri said:
I don't think anyone watches Nash and hopes for his failure. I hope for the teams so they trade him to a better situation.

Pretty much. I'd like to see Nash win. He doesn't come off as a douchebag who holds half hour specials with kids behind him to announce what team he's decided to take his talents too, err sorry, I meant what CITY he's decided to take his talents to. Doesn't give up on his team in an elimination game.

honestly, a part of me always wanted Nash to fail because of how poor he is on defense and I really can't stand players who play that poorly on defense and I don't want the NBA to start thinking you can win without strong defense.

But Nash does give it his all, is a good guy (and quite funny), loyal, and is really competitive. I wouldn't mind if he won, anymore, especially if he's not the best player on the team.

Grant Hill has deserved more than 1 shot at a title, though.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Nash though, I have seen it look like he's all by himself out there and doesn't always get the help with defenders coming crashing around him yet he never panics.

Sometimes he turns the ball over but more often than not, he handles really intense situations well.

I think he overpasses at times too but maybe that's unfair to say and I just feel that way because I know he has an offensive game as well as setting everyone up.

giri said:

So true. I actually feel bad for Nash anytime his team loses. The guy is all heart and when he has a swollen eye and a busted lip and still is pushing you can't help but give him respect. Doesn't hurt that he also has the most likable coach in the league.

The guy deserves a ring more than a lot of people.

giri

viakado said:
come to LA nash. you can play behind fisher.
I'd love to see him in Orlando. I'd almost be happy to take a trade of Arenas for Nash, Hill, Dudley/pietrus, probably works on salary. Hell, take lopez so you actually have a backup 5 for dwight.

Could almost see him on the mavs.

I'd love to watch a Nash & B.Griffin PnR

I sometimes wonder how'd he'd fit in @ OKC. No real person to PnR with, but he's proven he can work with out that, and lots of athleticism there to work with.

I'd rather he retire than ever go to:
Lakers
Spurs (if he wound up on the spurs i might just not watch the NBA until he retired.)
Miami (i don't think i'd wish upon him, controlling those ego's, not at this stage).

THRILLH0

Banned
I kinda give the Heatles a pass for the celebration. They were excited, the people of Miami were excited and it was a party for all of them.

It being broadcast to the rest of the country came of as obnoxious but the intent wasn't to antagonise everyone else and say "hey everyone look at us, we coming to take your titlez!". It was more of a "hey, we just did this, let's throw a party for ourselves" type thing. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom