• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLH0

Banned
Come on guys, you can't base your impressions off one tourney game.

If you only ever saw Oden in the title game against Florida you'd have the impression that he was going to be a dominant player.

dream

I've come to really like Black Mamba but I'm kind of snickering at his last few posts considering his namesake.

Omiee said:
can 70% of the players in the nba drive to the basket like he can though

and still shoot below average? probably not.

What would you do if you had a bunch of Bryant Reeves' on your team?

I just saw him drive in for a layup, though. I mean, I don't know shit about BYU's team, but I can't imagine that a 30 foot 3 off the dribble is the best possible option for Jimmer with 25 on the shot clock.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Hinrich is the only white guy who can stay with Rose and even that reputation expired.

Not even saying this because he's white. Saying because of the hype. Same thing as Rose styling on Wall.

dream said:
I've come to really like Black Mamba but I'm kind of snickering at his last few posts considering his namesake.

Monta gives a team inefficient scoring and nothing else. Like, at all.

Gotta warn you, Monta is the player I least like in the NBA as far as how he plays (nothing against him personality wise).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The very first impression I see of Jimmer is him turning the ball over after he was incapable of ISOing a much larger player and incapable of shooting over him.

I think that's good enough to base my entire opinion of his future NBA career.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:
After watching a full college game, the Hornets/Jazz game is like a Lakers/Celtics game 7 to me.

But the intensity! The defense! The passion!

The only reason the Defense in NCAA hoops looks good is because 90% of the players suck at offense.

SephCast said:
Not even saying this because he's white. Saying because of the hype. Same thing as Rose styling on Wall.

Oh, I know, I just had to go with the white theme because Jimmer is as white as Deng is black.

Hinrich is the only player I have seen that can stay with Rose one on one consistently but I knew it was a "fluke" and Rose would get him eventually.

However, if you want to stop Rose, it's not going to be the guy guarding him, it's going to be a shotblocking center on help defense.

As shitty as he is, Rose didn't seem to like driving on Javal McGee.

Most teams throw out doubles at Rose though at least some of the time.

Anthony Randolph starting for Love and the team is playing okay? Nice line on AR.

Who here hates Love? this is going to give him more fuel.

The only reason the Defense in NCAA hoops looks good is because 90% of the players suck at offense.

I think Paul Shirley once said when asked why he won't watch the tourney "Why would I watch players who can't dribble or shoot."

NCAA is cool to watch the emotion at the end of games. But that's about it. It's mostly painful.

reilo

Adam Blade said:
College ball is terrible. Why am I watching any of it though, considering the Clips only have a couple 2nd rounders...

Meh.
Not only is it terrible, but they brought one of the worst things over from the NBA: Reggie Miller color commentary.

diehard

Fleer
Jimmer got exhausted and chucked 3's at the end, great great season/career for him. Excited to see what he will do in the NBA, even if its just as a designated shooter.

reilo

dIEHARD said:
Jimmer got exhausted and chucked 3's at the end, great great season/career for him. Excited to see what he will do in the NBA, even if its just as a designated shooter.
He'll be lucky to turn into the white Eddie House.

reilo

dIEHARD said:
You watched a whole 5 minutes of him, i should trust your opinion.
Not even! I watched a whole two offensive possessions of him. Like I said, plenty enough to figure out what kind of NBA player he will be -- an undersized shooting guard that will be incapable of shooting over taller/stronger defenders. What else more would I need to watch?

reilo said:
Not even! I watched a whole two offensive possessions of him. Like I said, plenty enough to figure out what kind of NBA player he will be -- an undersized shooting guard that will be incapable of shooting over taller/stronger defenders. What else more would I need to watch?

that sounds like Adam Morrison.

It did seem like Jimmer had good handles, though.

punkypine

the thing is, jimmer's drives arent blow by type, they're more strategic... which most guys cant do as well in the NBA with much more athletic defenders. but paul pierce still gets away with it, so who knows

more importantly, why isn't indiana tanking the rest of the season for a shot at the jimmer? are they really just giong to let utah have him

thekad said:
You only need one possession to know Evan Turner wasn't a #2 pick.

Fredette Fraud.
evan turner will be a much better player than jimmer. not #2 pick good, but he'll be a 10 year starter in the nba

giri

punkypine said:
the thing is, jimmer's drives arent blow by type, they're more strategic... which most guys cant do as well in the NBA with much more athletic defenders. but paul pierce still gets away with it, so who knows

more importantly, why isn't indiana tanking the rest of the season for a shot at the jimmer? are they really just giong to let utah have him

evan turner will be a much better player than jimmer. not #2 pick good, but he'll be a 10 year starter in the nba
I don't think anyone is looking at this years draft and going "lets build around him".

diehard

Fleer
giri said:
I don't think anyone is looking at this years draft and going "lets build around him".
I'm looking at this draft thinking "please get someone who can hit a 3" so guess which player i want (tonight not withstanding)

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
thekad said:
You only need one possession to know Evan Turner wasn't a #2 pick.

Fredette Fraud.

A funny story about Evan Turner vs. Derrick Rose in high school.

“I was better than [Rose],” Turner said. “With me guarding him he didn’t do much. He knows that and I know that.”

“We both know who is better,” Rose said. “He’s just doing this to get a little bit of publicity. We’ll see who does more on the next level.”

“They called a lot of soft fouls on us when he had the ball,” Rose said. “It wasn’t like he did anything that impressive.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom