• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
MidnightCowboy said:
Y'all are haters. College ball is fun to watch.

I didn't say it isn't fun. It's just not as fun as the NBA to me. I like to see the most skilled players do amazing things. This is why I don't watch MLS soccer.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
pilonv1 said:
It's his time of the month
for a good game
First KG, then Jefferson, then Love, and now Anthony Randolph?

What is it with Minnesota and their Empty-Stats Power Forwards?

dIEHARD said:
I'm looking at this draft thinking "please get someone who can hit a 3" so guess which player i want (tonight not withstanding)

I'm more looking at this draft and thinking "Oh my god, there's no SGs in this draft who defend which is what we need, we're going to be drafting Perry Jones and trying to make him a SF while playing Hayward and CJ out of position as well :((((" which isn't nice.

Hayward having the best game of his career, finally looks good creating.

reilo said:
First KG, then Jefferson, then Love, and now Anthony Randolph?

What is it with Minnesota and their Empty-Stats Power Forwards?

Wolves have Beasley and Kevin Love.

They couldn't possibly look at Williams...right?

Jay Bilas said:
Jimmer a great college player, but he couldn't guard a bank with a machine gun. Guys going by him at will. He had a GREAT year, though.

100% true.

Dark FaZe said:
Wolves have Beasley and Kevin Love.

They couldn't possibly look at Williams...right?

As well as AR who's their second best player. They'll probably take Vesely to continue the undersized PF culture.

dwin45

Listen, I love Jimmer but I don't think he has much of a chance to succeed at the pro level. Not super quick, doesn't play much defense, and isn't very tall.

Millsap bringing the D this half!

dIEHARD said:
When you play the entire game and are over 50% of your teams offense (since davies got suspended) you won't play decent defense.

He wasn't even trying on possessions in which Florida could win the game.

Kogepan

captmcblack said:
I would literally sell my soul for the following three things:

1. A 7-foot center. The Knicks haven't had one since they traded Marcus Camby, and they haven't had even a passable one since they let go of Nazr Mohammed/Mutombo retired. My God, my kingdom for a center. Please. We'll take anyone. I am so desperate.

2. Any point guard who is fast enough/skilled enough to keep his head up and look up the floor. So many times up the floor, Amare is rolling and could receive a pass for a free shot - but Billups, Douglas and Carter will just stop and hold the ball, or pull back, or turn it over, or take a stupid shot. It is sad that Felton would be a monster for 20 minutes a game simply backing Billups up and assisting Amare and Melo on pnr.

3. Anything or anyone that can force the coaching of defense. Shit, I'll even take Jeff Van Gundy back. Please.

Please. :*(

You might be able to get all this by trading Melo. Maybe.

I know Rodeo, but I can dream!

This Derrick Williams kid looks good. I like the way he plays. Lakers need to take him in the 2nd round.

no good picks :(

Kogepan said:
You might be able to get all this by trading Melo. Maybe.

Melo to Denver for Harrington, Mozgov and Felton!!

Black Mamba said:
I know Rodeo, but I can dream!

This Derrick Williams kid looks good. I like the way he plays. Lakers need to take him in the 2nd round.

no good picks :(

lol he's going top 5 in this weakshit draft, bro.

giri

Is there anyone who still thinks CP3 is the best PG? he's averaging 16 & 10 this year, but somehow it seems with much less impact. Nash is averaging 16 & 11.

giri said:
Is there anyone who still thinks CP3 is the best PG? he's averaging 16 & 10 this year, but somehow it seems with much less impact. Nash is averaging 16 & 11.

CP3 is easily the best PG in the NBA. While what you say is true, Nash also turns it over a hell of a lot more. And CP3 gets steals (and a lot of the good kind) and is obviously a better defender.

New Orleans' bench is straight trash, too. I know it feels like CP3 has slowed down, and he has a bit, but he's still better than anyone else overall. New Orleans winning 46 or 47 games is quite a feat, IMO.

giri said:

I'll give him another year to get over that knee surgery. Something about it looked off all year.

dream

Black Mamba said:
damn, i don't have a stream and nbatv isn't showing it.

Is it a legit knee blowout thing or could it just be something minor?

I guess it could be a dislocated kneecap but it looks more like a torn ACL at best. It was a nasty landing.

Okafor from 20 feet away? really? lol.

Damn you NBA TV. Anyone got a stream?

I guess it could be a dislocated kneecap but it looks more like a torn ACL at best. It was a nasty landing.

damn. anything that takes him out for the season. sucks. I like West as a player, too.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
At best????

I never heard an ACL tear be described like that.

I thought his entire leg snapped at first. The landing was horrible and his screaming was just terrible to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom