• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone posted Bill Walton's (probably fake but still funny) Twitter?

http://twitter.com/TheBillWalton

Tiago Splitter has morphed into a brazenly wielded weapon for the Spurs, forged from hot embers of South American tectonic plates.

Just as a terminal Doc Holiday limped to the OK Corral over a century before him, Tim Duncan must find the energy for one last great stand.

Denver's patchwork group of ragamuffins hopes to uphold the eternal spirit of The Goonies. Nuggets never say die.

Goodness Gracious sakes alive!Tonight Kobe Bryant is conjuring the mythological Jabberwocky,instilling fear in children and grown men alike!

Zep

Banned
The bucks ran away from Rose after the screen was set?! Why would you keep the ball in his hands instead of making him give it up to Deng? This will be exploited in 3weeks.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Exactly but Deng playing really well on defense late too on Salmons and Noah with some good play and a wicked screen.

But did you see Rose's eyes on that last basket he made???

THAT folks is killer instinct.
Watch the faces of the bucks bench, says it all.

Cloudy

Banned
SephCast said:
Do not tell me Derrick Rose isn't the MVP. This is just absurd.

He's the MVP for beating up on the Bucks? That said, he had a very nice game

My MVP rankings to this point:

Dwight
Kobe
Rose

dream

Uh, the Clips/Raps score is 13-13 with 2 minutes left in the first.

I'm gonna guess it's not because they're playing lockdown d. :/

Cloudy said:

Dwight
Kobe
Rose

lol Kobe's had some really bad stretches this season.

I'd give it to Rose, with Bron and Dwight rounding out the top 3.

Ninja Scooter said:
Has anyone posted Bill Walton's (probably fake but still funny) Twitter?

http://twitter.com/TheBillWalton

God damn that's an awesome account:

TheBillWalton The Bill Walton Trip
With another abominable Knicks performance, fans are yearning for the glory days of sexual harassment suits and salary cap ineptitude

Kemba Walker is an adventurous swashbuckler; a swaggering daredevil with a ruffian approach to brandishing his heroics for our pleasure.

Derrick Williams fluffs his chakra and reaches beyond the rings of Saturn for a rebound! His aura has completely blanketed Anaheim Arena.

First Rick Pitino, now Jay Wright on CBS. Did the network execs decide to compile as many underachieving coaches as possible? I'm appalled.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:

Manu
Dwight
Kobe
Rose
Parker

fixed

dream

luckymic.png

I'd give anything to be that mic.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Cloudy said:

Dwight
Kobe
Rose

I guess we must be watching different versions of the NBA.

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
lol Kobe's had some really bad stretches this season.

So has Rose. He would have the 2nd worst fg% of any MVP EVER if he wins lol. I like the guy but I just hate this current mentality of hype and not letting guys earn anything. I'm sorry but Rose's numbers just aren't good enough to be the youngest MVP ever! Dwight has paid his dues and should get it if the Magic get over 50 wins.

If the Magic fade, Kobe should get that shit. His stats are arguably better and it's not even close when adjusted for minutes. Plus he doesn't get to beat up on the Cavs, Pistons, Bucks, Pacers and other bottom feeders for 1/3 of the season!

Cloudy said:
So has Rose. He would have the 2nd worst fg% of any MVP EVER if he wins lol. I like the guy but I just hate this current mentality of hype and not letting guys earn anything. I'm sorry but Rose's numbers just aren't good enough to be the youngest MVP ever! Dwight has paid his dues and should get it if the Magic get over 50 wins.

If the Magic fade, Kobe should get that shit. His stats are arguably better and it's not even close when adjusted for minutes. Plus he doesn't get to beat up on the Cavs, Pistons, Bucks, Pacers and other bottom feeders for 1/3 of the season!

L

O

L

Cloudy said:
So has Rose. He would have the 2nd worst fg% of any MVP EVER if he wins lol. I like the guy but I just hate this current mentality of hype and not letting guys earn anything. Dwight has paid his dues and should get it if the Magic get over 50 wins.

If the Magic fade, Kobe should get that shit. His stats are arguably better and it's not even close when adjusted for minutes. Plus he doesn't get to beat up on the Cavs, Pistons, Bucks and Pacers and other bottom feeders for 1/3 of the season!

lol specific stats.

Dwight dominates often but dunks most of the time, Rose is weaving in and out of guys way bigger than him(also getting fouled a lot) taking rather difficult shots.

It's not Most Valuable Field Goal Percentage.

Sharp

Howard doesn't need Rose's offensive versatility because he can physically overpower his competition on both ends. Frankly, if the trade was offered the Bulls would probably do Dwight for Rose straight up. But MVP isn't necessarily about awarding the best player and never has been, so bring on Rose.
Ickman3400 said:
It's not when you realize all the teams after the top 3 (that they're behind) really really suck.
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, I really am, but without Dwight this year's Magic would be a lottery team.

Cloudy

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Dwight dominates often but dunks most of the time, Rose is weaving in and out of guys way bigger than him(also getting fouled a lot) taking rather difficult shots.

Dwight also plays defense

Sharp said:
Howard doesn't need Rose's offensive versatility because he can physically overpower his competition on both ends. Frankly, if the trade was offered the Bulls would probably do Dwight for Rose straight up.

Absolutely no, they wouldn't.

They have more than serviceable big guys.

I don't think they'd even ponder that trade.

Sharp

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Absolutely no, they wouldn't.

They have more than serviceable big guys.

I don't think they'd even ponder that trade.
You're right, that's a good point. Bulls are one of the few teams that really don't have a pressing need for more bigs.
Grimm Fandango said:
Could Howard close out a game like that?
Offensively, no. But I've seen him shut down teams in crunch time quite a few times this year. Again, you have to consider their entire games.

Cloudy said:
Dwight also plays defense

The Magic have underachieved this year and are worse than the last few. Granted, this can be attributed to poorer play from his supporting cast, and a meaningless midseason trade, but ultimiately this falls on the lap of the star franchise player. This being Dwight. Meanwhile the Bulls have overachieved. Nobody thought they'd be the top team in the conference, especially not with Noah and Boozer missing significant time. This ultimately gives more credit to their star franchise player Rose. This is how the MVP has worked for years. If you want to start breaking it down with stats well then you have to go back and redo a bunch of MVPs from the past (including Kobe's in 08). It's not an exact science but that's how it has always been, and im not gonna cry or think its wrong if Rose ends up with the award.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Magic are a 53 win team. Without Dwight, they're a 20 win team. He's better and more important than Rose in most facets of basketball.

Ummmm....

Shooting skill-----no

Passing skill------no

Freethrow line skill-------hahahahaha

End of game impact------no

Defense-----yes

Rebounding-----yes

Cloudy

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Could Howard close out a game like that?

The Bucks helped close themselves out cos they're just not that good. All their bricks setup the fast breaks that let Chicago win that game..

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Magic are a 53 win team. Without Dwight, they're a 20 win team. He's better and more important than Rose in most facets of basketball.

Outside of dunking I'm not sure I'd trust Dwight with any other shot

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

It's pretty simple. Players on the 8th best team in the league do not get MVP. Hornets would have like 5 wins without CP3, doesn't mean he deserves any MVP votes.

Cloudy said:
The Bucks helped close themselves out cos they're just not that good. All their bricks setup the fast breaks that let Chicago win that game..

Yet they are REALLY high in the league in least amount of points given up per game and Rose thrashed them like he was on the playgrounds in downtown Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom