• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Holy fuck Warriors are so stupid. When a guard has 20 points on 29 shots, he's the guy you go to in the final play?

Why inbound with Curry? Ball should be in his hands. 35 points on 23 shots.

Warriors will never go anywhere if Ellis is the #1.

Lakers still go to Kobe at the end even if he's shooting poorly. Monta's still the best on the team at getting off his shot

Cloudy said:
Lakers still go to Kobe at the end even if he's shooting poorly. Monta's still the best on the team at getting off his shot

please don't compare monta to kobe. Curry should have the ball in his hands in this situation always.

Monta isn't good. You're fooled by his PPG average.

Pkaz01

Wow.. Bill Walton... "to win a championship you have to have the best coach.. The best coach is phil jackson, Doc Rivers, and Pat Riley." Hey dumbass you messed up Popovich's name I don't see a Doc Rivers coaching the spurs.

Pkaz01

dream said:
Which is fair because I don't see the Spurs winning the championship.
Maybe I should explain the context? They asked him if he thought the mavs would win a championship if nash stayed with the Mavs and played like he did in the suns. He said no because they don't have kobe or a championship level coach like those three. He wasn't speaking about this year but championship level coaches in general.

dream

Pkaz01 said:
Maybe I should explain the context? They asked him if he thought the mavs would win a championship if nash stayed with the Mavs and played like he did in the suns. He said no because they don't have kobe or a championship level coach like those three. He wasn't speaking about this year but championship level coaches in general.

Oh, yeah, okay, he's an idiot then.

Tom Penny

Black Mamba said:
please don't compare monta to kobe. Curry should have the ball in his hands in this situation always.

Monta isn't good. You're fooled by his PPG average.

Monta isn't a good scorer? Your out of you fucking mind. Overall player is a whole different story.

Before the Celtics won Doc Rivers got a ton of shit. I remember one game when he kept riding with the bench, not bringing back the starters in, where he got owned by fans and the media. He was claiming that he wanted the bench to have that experience. As Reilo labeled earlier, "Youth Movement".

giri

With out seeing the game, congrats to cavsage. Good win for them.

heat-age, blergh. Whom ever you pick up for the full MLE next year, i hope they're more useful than mike miller.

giri said:
With out seeing the game, congrats to cavsage. Good win for them.

heat-age, blergh. Whom ever you pick up for the full MLE next year, i hope they're more useful than mike miller.

If there is one I'm pretty sure we're targeting Samuel Dalembert.

Yeah, not that excited.

giri

ph33nix said:
If there is one I'm pretty sure we're targeting Samuel Dalembert.

Yeah, not that excited.
Sammys fine, until he think he can play Offense too, thats when he starts to suck. If you can just get him focused on D, he'd be fine.

giri said:
Sammys fine, until he think he can play Offense too, thats when he starts to suck. If you can just get him focused on D, he'd be fine.

I actually wouldn't mind that. Or maybe I would. But right now, our centers play hot potato with the ball more than any 5s I've ever seen. It sucks when they're 1 foot from the basket and instead the best play is to pass it out.

Mayweather's been on a roll with the betting lately

too bad that's as good as it will get for him

oh, he bet at HALFTIME? that's not bad, but I'd be more impressed if it was before the game

lol at the comments

too bad you're too scared to fight manny pacquiao

ph33nix said:
I actually wouldn't mind that. Or maybe I would. But right now, our centers play hot potato with the ball more than any 5s I've ever seen. It sucks when they're 1 foot from the basket and instead the best play is to pass it out.

Your defense is pretty solid. Ability to pressure the perimeter is enough. What you really need is a big man who can get easy points down low at times to help floor spacing.

Black Mamba said:
Your defense is pretty solid. Ability to pressure the perimeter is enough. What you really need is a big man who can get easy points down low at times to help floor spacing.

I really hope Pittman turns out to be a diamond in the rough. He's definitely got the size (lol) to bang with anyone, and he's apparently in great shape now. He seems to have decent skills all around but I don't know what his mental makeup is and that will be everything for him if he wants to play with the team.

Still though, it will be nice to have a 5 that isn't old and slow as fuck.

I know someone linked to it earlier in the thread but this BillWalton twitter is fucking GOLD. So much good shit on here. Is this thing old? It can't really be him.

http://twitter.com/TheBillWalton

Cavs' victory sends a crescendo of unparalleled hope throughout the city. Tomorrow the sun will shine bright for the children of Cleveland.

Wade is inspiring his team with the will of a baby backed into a corner. And as Patrick Swayze once said, NOBODY puts Baby in a corner.

Lebron is laying more bricks tonight than Montresor defending his family crest in Edgar Allen Poe’s The Cask of Amontillado.

When Lebron left Cleveland he decimated an economy. On his return he snatched their hopes for redemption. What pain will he inflict tonight?

Bosh has zero rebounds at the half. Zero! How does an NBA center achieve such a momentous feat without being a circus act? #iamappalled

Baron has fallen in love with the jumper like it was a plate of ravishing Turkish delight. Not a good sigh for this anemic offense.

lol

giri said:

Lol...Sammy will take his turn around jumpers and you will have to like it. Dude one of the biggest dumbasses in the league. Never will get any better or learn. It;s Sammy's way or no way.

Plus he's gonna get paid.....sadly due to the lack of bigs in the league today.

SamuraiX-

ESPN said:
Cavs smoke Heat despite LeBron's triple-double

What an awesome headline to go along with that score.

On another note: LET'S GO KINGS!

Tyreke with a near triple double in 20 minutes of play on a +15 +/- rating.

Suck on that, bitches.

SamuraiX-

Tyreke with a bonehead shot. C'mon, son. He's just not ready for hero ball yet.

Stevey! Don't do us like dat Stevey!

This would be a two possession game right now if Thompson made at least half his free throws tonight.

0-6 from the line!? YOU'RE FUCKING KILLING ME JT!

Am I crazy for thinking that the 2004 Pistons would have won the title pretty easily last year? Everyone says they played in a bad era and had everything break right and were the exception, but I think the 2010 Celtics were just a worse version of them and they came incredibly close to winning the title.

edit: Confirmed today that that's not Bill Walton with the creation of Walton's actual Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/BillWalton

Still an awesome account.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Am I crazy for thinking that the 2004 Pistons would have won the title pretty easily last year? Everyone says they played in a bad era and had everything break right and were the exception, but I think the 2010 Celtics were just a worse version of them and they came incredibly close to winning the title.

That team could have been competitive, but I don't think they would win against either team in the finals last year.

Cloudy

Banned
Suns are terrible. Can't believe a team with a 2-time MVP can fall off the map like this. It's not like there's no talent on that team...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I just noticed something

Do the Kings switch broadcast DURING the game?

In the 3rd Bill Walton was doing pbp and it said Comcast SportsNet

Now it's 2 different announcers and it says KingsTV

o_O

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Cloudy said:
Suns are terrible. Can't believe a team with a 2-time MVP can fall off the map like this. It's not like there's no talent on that team...

Shit happens i mean look at the Cavs/ heat game tonight.

Lebron ducked the intro? Seriously? What a complete and total quivering vagina. Even Vince Carter stands out there for that shit and he's gotten it for years.

I hope the basketball gods were watching. That guy doesn't deserve to win a ring.

Ephemeris

Shadow780 said:
Congrats to Cavs winning their Championship.
bawse.gif

Cavs smoke Heat despite LeBron's triple-double
1174907_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom