• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
With all these injuries, Hayward will probably have to play heavy minutes at PG which is an experiment they needed to do anyway.

I give it one, maybe two seasons before you stop overrating this guy.

I like the kid, but experimenting with him at PG like he's the white Magic Johnson?

C'mon son.

Fatalah

Melo-Lala21-432x475.jpg
glen-davis.gif

This is fun!

Hayward is one of the two players on the Jazz roster right now who has ever played point guard at any level of basketball. The Jazz's starting, emergency, and backup emergency point guards are all out for the season. While he'll clearly never play the actual position again after this 9 game stretch, he's going to have to run the offense a lot at SF next season with Harris at PG and potentially Knight/Jimmer so it's good to get him experience running the offense.

Barnes is probably not declaring. His upside is somewhere between Jamal Crawford and CJ Miles.

Barnes' ceiling is unknown at this point--he's a really hard worker so I'd like to think he can improve quite a bit--he's likely to end up very much like Luol Deng: Around 17 and 5 as a more consistent 3pt threat.

In other news I'd just like to say that Landry Fields has fallen below Jordan Crawford on NBA.com's Rookie Ladder.

Nice player and all but it's nice to see the bullshit hype of him being the best "pure rookie" in this draft crashing into a fireball along with the Knicks.

reilo said:
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/03/30/is-this-a-foul/

The best part about Durant always pulling this move was Gerald Wallace doing the exact same thing to him on Sunday and Durant flipping a shit over it.
If we are going to use "hands set" rules, that's a foul since his hands were still moving and into the offensive player's space. My beef is when you have your arms/hands still not in the player's space and the call that crap.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Frankman said:
If we are going to use "hands set" rules, that's a foul since his hands were still moving and into the offensive player's space. My beef is when you have your arms/hands still not in the player's space and the call that crap.
Yeah, I think the latter part is what the author was arguing. That's also the call Durant gets 9/10 times.

Durant is going to have success with that forever with his ridiculous wingspan and height.

Kobe hasn't been able to do it nearly as much lately--shits in the scouting report.

thekad said:
I've never seen Durant get away with that. At least not when the defender has his hands up, and not out.
That's not the point. As long as the defender doesn't have his hands in his personal space he can do whatever he wants. With Durant's freakish wingspan he can move his hands into the defender's space and get calls.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
KO'C just said that Bell is a great defender, he better not believe that or I want him fired because he doesn't watch basketball.

Did he add "to be matched up against" in there, or did he just stop at "good defender?"

KingGondo

Banned
ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Look at Bosh's. Or don't...
I'd rather not look at Chris Bosh at all.

I don't even enjoy watching him play basketball. I can't believe I was dying for him to come to OKC last offseason... although I guess it's understandable since our starting PF at the time was Jeff Gomes.

SUPREME1

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
I agree, we should spend more time trashing Bynum.

What's to trash?

He's young. He's rich. He's sexy. He's the 2nd best center in the west, behind Yao, and a placeholder until Dwight comes over.

<3

Omiee said:
dallas facing the lakers on a back to back should make it easier for us to defeat them.

B2B advantage is mostly in the traveling. It's a Clippers-Lakers b2b so most of the advantage is gone.

Hopefully Clippers win.

etiolate said:
http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/1fea8...ngs-Possible-Move-To-Anaheim-Jim-Nash-Reports

Question: With teams like the Hawks and Heat playing to empty arenas, and the Kings moving to a market that really is not that interested, do the fans really matter money wise anymore? Or is it just marketing sales, perceived value and luxury box revenue?

Eh, Miami sells almost all their tickets, just people show up late.

Blackface

Banned
I apologize to all my loyal fans for not posting a lot the last month or so. The Raptors have been to depressing to talk about.

By this time next year either Barnes, Irving or Walker are going to be in a Raptors jersey. I can only be pleased they all have potential to be massive busts in the NBA.

My on solace is in the fact I nailed the Knicks situation, and their fans were not only retarded, but wrong. Enjoy the 07 Raptors. (will end up being worse actually).

exarkun

KingGondo said:
I'd rather not look at Chris Bosh at all.

I don't even enjoy watching him play basketball. I can't believe I was dying for him to come to OKC last offseason... although I guess it's understandable since our starting PF at the time was Jeff Gomes.

What is this? Bosh gets so much hate, but there are way too many teams out there that could use his services for you to be able to say that. Dude can ball, its just he has to break out of the soft tissue

KingGondo

Banned
exarkun said:
What is this? Bosh gets so much hate, but there are way too many teams out there that could use his services for you to be able to say that. Dude can ball, its just he has to break out of the soft tissue
He would have been an upgrade over Green (obviously), but I'd rather have Ibaka and Collison right now considering the rest of our lineup. We need defensive-minded guys around our scorers. And Bosh will always be soft, it's obvious by now that it's in his DNA.

And our offense hasn't really been worse since the trade, despite predictions to the contrary (and our defense has been about 10 PPG better since inserting Perk into the starting lineup). And Boston's offense has gone downhill in spite of adding two offensive guys in Green and Krstic.

exarkun said:

if bosh plays with the same moxy and attitude as he did before last night he's great. last night...i could not explain it one bit. I mean in chicago when he was 1-18 it just looked like it was one of those nights, but last night he was dropping balls and looking like a rookie. hell, his 2 missed free throws which could have made the game 1 possession (i think) were shot worse than shaq's, so that seemed really bizarre

he's played well against better defenses so i'm really hoping last night was just funky

A Los Angeles County jury Wednesday declined to award damages to NBA great Elgin Baylor, rejecting his lawsuit against the Clippers for unlawful termination based on age discrimination.

By a 12-0 vote, the seven-man, five-woman jury informed Judge Kenneth R. Freeman that neither the team nor owner Donald T. Sterling or president Andy Roeser presided over a hostile workplace in which alleged harassment occurred.

Baylor, 76, the Clippers' 22-year head of player personnel as general manager and executive vice president, was asking for nearly $2 million in economic and mental distress damages over his 2008 departure from the team.

Dallas Mavericks @ LA Clippers
Cleveland Cavs @ Charlotte Bobcats
Houston Rockets @ Philadelphia 76ers
Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors
Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers
Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks
Miami Heat @ Washington Generals
New Jersey Nets @ New York Knicks
Portland Trailblazers @ New Orleans Hornets
Chicago Bulls @ Minnesota Timberwolves
GS Warriors @ Memphis Grizzlies
Sacramento Kings @ Denver Nuggets
OKC Thunder @ Phoenix Suns

not a typo

I am not keeping track of this. Just posted it since Rodeo isn't giving us the schedule.

KingGondo said:
He would have been an upgrade over Green (obviously), but I'd rather have Ibaka and Collison right now considering the rest of our lineup. We need defensive-minded guys around our scorers. And Bosh will always be soft, it's obvious by now that it's in his DNA.

And our offense hasn't really been worse since the trade, despite predictions to the contrary (and our defense has been about 10 PPG better since inserting Perk into the starting lineup). And Boston's offense has gone downhill in spite of adding two offensive guys in Green and Krstic.

Hopefully the superfriends era has gone as far as it ever will and the Heat are eliminated swiftly by a more traditional squad. The idea of the best talent in the league all coming together to form various trios would have been a terrible fad and I'm optimistic that that particular fire has been put out before it really got a chance to spread.

Thunder will make it to the WCF this year. I think when push comes to shove that Westbrook is going to prove a lot of doubters wrong.

Not quite as optimistic about the Bulls--hopefully Rose can put them over the top.

exarkun said:
He plays like a euro big, always settling for midrange jumpers. If he had half the defensive hustle of joel anthony then we wouldnt have this conversation. And that pic with an imaginary cock in his mouth aint helping either

Worth noting on the health front is that Theo Ratliff, still trying to come back from knee surgery, took part in the scrimmage on the reserve team.

The four injured players who missed the Spurs’ loss Monday against Portland all were back at practice as they prepare for their game Thursday night against Boston.

Parker and McDyess to play. Duncan and Ginobili might. Also Jesus Ratliff!!!

I posted a pick em. Can't we just do it and Rodeo count it up later in the week? Here's mine again.

Miami Heat @ Washington Generals

CherryWoodFuton said:
He plays like a euro big, always settling for midrange jumpers. If he had half the defensive hustle of joel anthony then we wouldnt have this conversation. And that pic with an imaginary cock in his mouth aint helping either
bosh would be an amazing wrestler. he's practically got the acting down.
0012_ae0j.gif

Talon

When Prince rented from Boozer:
Boozer's former Duke teammate Jay Williams described Tuesday some of Prince's redecorating.

"Booz told me how he had this massive house ... blue fountain waves kind of came down streaming water that led to the front door and all this great stuff," Williams said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "And I remember him calling me, 'Dude, you will never guess, I rode past my house like three times, I had no idea it was my house.'

"Supposedly, Prince changed the front gate to the Prince sign, he changed the master bedroom to a hair salon, he changed the streaming blue waters that led to the front door to purple water, he knocked out walls, he changed the molding on top of the ceiling. Booz was livid. So pissed off, so angry ... He put his Purple Rain stamp on it ... Booz was like, 'I was getting ready to go over there and beat this little man down.' And dude was just like 'Here, Boozer, here is a little check for about a million, it'll take care of everything, get it back the way you want it.' And Booz was like, 'This little man is cool as hell.'"

Omiee

Miami Heat @ Washington Wizards

TylerD

KingGondo said:
All these NBA players getting with celebrities/models... Meanwhile in OKC, they're playing video games at each others' houses and lip-syncing to rap songs on Ustream.

Thunder U Culture.

I need to see this!

We could match our win total from last year tonight and hit 50.

DCX

DCX
Miami Heat @ Washington Wizards

DCX

Owzers

the two televised games i can watch tonight are:

Heat vs Wizards, since i live in Virginia i'm treated to Wizard games on CSN
Knicks vs Nets

so much fail in two games, i'll flip back and forth to see whichever team chokes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom