• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone else find it bullshit that ESPN waited for the Fab Five documentary to air (and let him make the PR rounds promoting it) and are just now reporting Jalen Roses' DUI? Isn't this the Big Ben shit all over again?

diddles

Banned
man these atlanta commentators are giant homers.

anyways, do you realize that orlando has only won three games on the road against .500+ teams this year? and one of those was when nowitzki was out injured.

the magic are total playoff fodder. i'm starting to doubt they'll even get out of the first round.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
dIEHARD said:
Knicks suck ass on defense, why is anyone surprised or laughing.

Because it's the goddamn Nets. THE NETS. *sigh*

dream said:
Remember when the Knicks won a game and ESPN wrote an article about how the Knicks have jelled and New York Basketball is Relevant Again?

Dude he was just there on Monday, when are you going to st-Oh wait wrong thread.

So I just get home and I'm trying to process this:

a) Why is Jared Jeffries playing minutes?
b) Rebounds are destroying the Knicks.
c) SECONDS SHOTS PLEASE!!

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Wright TS%: 55%
Beasley: 50%

Clearly higher percentage shooter there. Wright is a worse rebounder though which is pitiful. I'm not arguing for Wright, I'm arguing against the SF position. When guys who play 50 games a year and put up average stats will having a below average impact on offense execution and aren't even average defender can be considered top ten SFs, a position sucks. Whatever, let's continue debating which player sucks less like you always do instead of what I was saying.
derp derp derp. TS is a horrible stat.

Dorrell shoots higher from the FT line, and 3. Which means he's just a set shot shooter (which correlates to what i see in games), you can get guys like Pietrus for that, and pietrus isn't top 10 anything (well, maybe fruit like sounding names). Beasley shoots an overall better FG%, which mean he's a much better finisher, and scorer off the dribble (pull up jumpers). AND beasley gets much more attention from defenses than Wright ever does.

charsace

giri said:

Dorrell shoots higher from the FT line, and 3. Which means he's just a set shot shooter (which correlates to what i see in games), you can get guys like Pietrus for that, and pietrus isn't top 10 anything (well, maybe fruit like sounding names). Beasley shoots an overall better FG%, which mean he's a much better finisher, and scorer off the dribble (pull up jumpers). AND beasley gets much more attention from defenses than Wright ever does.
TS is a perfect stat for today's 3pt chucking, foul baiting league. A guy that shoots 33 percent from 3 and 80+ from the line and gets there a lot is more valuable than a guy that shoots 50 percent, but hardly hits 3's or gets to the line.

giri said:

So you're saying that a stat that actually judges how many points you score per shot is bad? Really? Really? Beasley's effect on the offense is negative as he is a ball stopper who sucks, Wright's is positive as he is a floor spacer, neither are good players.

giri

charsace said:
TS is a perfect stat for today's 3pt chucking, foul baiting league. A guy that shoots 33 percent from 3 and 80+ from the line and gets there a lot is more valuable than a guy that shoots 50 percent, but hardly hits 3's or gets to the line.
I can see it in an argument for overall offeciency (though even there it's flawed). But in determing who is a better shooter, it's completely useless.

Why, just the other day some nong tried to tell me CP3 is a better shooter than Nash because his TS% is higher. I lol'd.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So you're saying that a stat that actually judges how many points you score per shot is bad? Really? Really? Beasley's effect on the offense is negative as he is a ball stopper who sucks, Wright's is positive as he is a floor spacer, neither are good players.
Thats not what it measures, and you saying it does, shows why you're using it wrong, and it's flawed.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Ryan Hollins goes right back to disappointing. Dude looks lost on defense and is a 7-footer that misses layups.

charsace

giri said:
I can see it in an argument for overall offeciency (though even there it's flawed). But in determing who is a better shooter, it's completely useless.

Why, just the other day some nong tried to tell me CP3 is a better shooter than Nash because his TS% is higher. I lol'd.
It doesn't determine who the better shooter is. Just who is the more efficient scorer. For all we know Ben wallace could be unbeatable in horse.

Ducarmel

charsace said:
JWall has gained more respect from me. Show dudes that you will retaliate.
and to put on top of this point James, House and Jones did nothing to back up Z. The Heat are not what they used to be, Howard doing it old school.

Incredible sequence of events there, Deron lazily brings the ball up to have it stripped and then Billups chucks up a horrible three. I've seen that a lot.

Thats not what it measures, and you saying it does, shows why you're using it wrong, and it's flawed.

TS%=Points/2(FGA+.44FTA)

So it does.

giri said:

Is this a reference to me? Because I didn't say that and Nash's is higher. What I said was the difference between their shooting efficiencies (nash being better) is smaller than the gap in defensive abilities.

edit: Kwame Brown got 16 & 9 against Cleveland? Bosh got 10 and 4 last night. lmao

SamuraiX-

Jeez, that last play by Orlando to try and tie the game was so fucking bad.

I hope that's not what SVG drew up.

And LOL @ the Heat barely being able to handle the Wizards.

LOL @ Knicks losing to the fucking Nets.

Shawne Williams just is not right. He's shot like 30% since he hurt both fingers. Knicks need Toney D to score if they want to win.

EDIT: Who the fuck keeps leaving Anthony Morrow?

SamuraiX-

This begs repeating:

SamuraiX- said:
MARCUS THORNTON HAVE MAH BAYBEHS!

In his 18 games played with the Kings

22.1 PPG
47.1% FG - 42.3% 3PT - 81.7% FT
4.7 REB
3.3 AST
37.1 MPG

Just hope he can maintain this kind of efficiency when coming off the bench next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom