• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'm not going to go into detail about why Wright is better than those players and one or two of them might be better, my point is that none of them past the top 8 (And even Granger is stretching it) are good. Cavs' best wing? Christain Eyenga. Timberwolves? Empty stats Beas. Wizards? Contract year chucker. Raptors? I can't even list DeRozan because he's so bad. Kings have wings. Jazz's best? Gordon Hayward (Who is going to be awesome but after that they have CJ Miles and Raja Bell). Pistons have tons of wings but they all suck. Back to Cavs. Bucks? John Salmons. So 7/9 top teams picking in the draft desperately need a wing as their main need.
Uhuh. Obviously this is the point where I bring up your disdain for Michael Beasley and how you proclaim him to be a below average player based on certain bizarre criteria of yours, but Dorell Wright is a top ten player at his position? Yeah, okay bud.

Omiee

numble said:
They should extend video reviews for technical fouls. It's a call that often has more of an effect on the game then whether or not someone's toe was on the 3 point line.

how would this work?

reilo

So, ugh, the Nets just dropped 36 points in the first quarter on the Knicks with Lopez contributing 16 of those. Yeahhh.

numble

Omiee said:
how would this work?
Okay, some technicals for mouthing off to officials wouldn't work, but they've called stuff for hanging on the rim, and when people appear to be fighting, sometimes giving double technicals even when only one guy did something. Or that time when Mo Peterson got ejected for playfully slapping former teammate Vince Carter.

Vire

Doomsayer said:
Itwasmeanttobe is probably the best troll in this thread. I don't see why people even bother responding anymore.

That was hardly a punch. Z threw an elbow and another elbow, it should've never gotten to that point in the first place.

Hardly a punch? He clenched his fist, wound up and hit Z in the chest....

Z shouldn't of thrown the elbows first though, that was clearly wrong. But you have to be the bigger man.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Z is a big guy, his elbows are eye level with Wall. It didn't look intentional. Wall should've been taller and not grow up to be a bitch. Flop that shit if you have to and get a call.

Sorry, I hate the Heat but that wasn't their fault. Howard came in to prevent Z from getting attacked.

reilo said:
Uhuh. Obviously this is the point where I bring up your disdain for Michael Beasley and how you proclaim him to be a below average player based on certain bizarre criteria of yours, but Dorell Wright is a top ten player at his position? Yeah, okay bud.

After reading his list, I realize it wasn't worth even getting involved in a debate. Just walk away.

AlphaSnake said:
Z is a big guy, his elbows are eye level with Wall. It didn't look intentional. Wall should've been taller and not grow up to be a bitch. Flop that shit if you have to and get a call.

Sorry, I hate the Heat but that wasn't their fault. Howard came in to prevent Z from getting attacked.

Those elbows were intentional...gtfo

reilo

AlphaSnake said:

If Z wanted to keep the ball away from Wall, all he had to do was raise his arms in the air. Hell, not even both arms, mind you, just one arm with the ball in his palm. Those elbows were intentional.

giri

snipes13 said:
Dorrell Wright top 10 SF in the NBA? Lol.

The following players are better than Wright IMO.

LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Kevin Durant
Danny Granger
Shawn Marion
Luol Dang
Wilson Chandler
Gerald Wallace
Grant Hill
Jared Dudley
Chase Budinger
Ron Artest
Wilson and Chase aren't.

Budinger could, but he has a ways to go (though i did call it last year, he's got the goods to be good).

Omiee said:
portlands hornets game is going to be fun, i hope portland wins. Hornets should stay in 7th seed

Losing might push NOH to the 8 seed or out. It might be better for them to win.

Eh, I can't tell, really. Not sure for whom to root.

Omiee

reilo said:
If Z wanted to keep the ball away from Wall, all he had to do was raise his arms in the air. Hell, not even both arms, mind you, just one arm with the ball in his palm. Those elbows were intentional.

was Z ejected ?
i feel so bad for the hornets, those seats are empty

reilo said:

My bizarre criteria is that Michael Beasley sucks at everything related to professional basketball. He's an inefficient chucker who is one of the worst rebounders, passers, and defenders in the NBA. Statistically, Wright is better at everything while playing at a slower pace. Wright also has an NBA niche. Wright is also a below average starter but his position sucks. Go and name wings on those teams better than those I listed, it's a disaster. Their point guards are generally fine.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
Losing might push NOH to the 8 seed or out. It might be better for them to win.

Eh, I can't tell, really. Not sure for whom to root.

yeah i dont know, if the hornets win they are tied in wins and loses.
I just wish hornets end up being the 7th seed.

reilo

Michael Beasley averages more points, more rebounds, shoots a higher percentage, gets to the line more, all while playing 6.5MPG less than Dorell Wright. But of course, the only conclusion we can come to is...

Statistically, Wright is better at everything while playing at a slower pace.
Exactly!

Vire

Omiee said:
was Z ejected ?
i feel so bad for the hornets, those seats are empty

Yeah, Z, Juwan Howard, and Wall were ejected.

Fake Bill Walton:

Passions overflowing in Heat/Wizards! Flying elbows and menacing stares are thrown around like a back room brawl over a beautiful barmaid.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
You know...at the end of the day even if the Nets get destroyed by the Rockets. Or if they lose by 50 to the Cavs. Or they are scoreless an entire game...at the end of the day there is still one Net who will be a winner everyday.

KimKardashian.jpg

Dat_ass.jpg

reilo

Nets have 61pts with 3min left in the half? lol. The Nets are the second lowest scoring team at 93.5PPG behind CHA at 93PPG.

I love Deng. We always heard rumors about him being traded but I am so glad he has stuck around. The bulls would not be where they are without him, fucking iron man out there.

rinker

Do any of you guys watch NBA League Pass on a Roku box? I've only done it a few times but i noticed it kicks me out to the loading screen after like 10 minutes of watching a game and then it wont actually ever load.

reilo said:
Michael Beasley averages more points, more rebounds, shoots a higher percentage, gets to the line more, all while playing 6.5MPG less than Dorell Wright. But of course, the only conclusion we can come to is...

Exactly!

Wright TS%: 55%
Beasley: 50%

Clearly higher percentage shooter there. Wright is a worse rebounder though which is pitiful. I'm not arguing for Wright, I'm arguing against the SF position. When guys who play 50 games a year and put up average stats will having a below average impact on offense execution and aren't even average defender can be considered top ten SFs, a position sucks. Whatever, let's continue debating which player sucks less like you always do instead of what I was saying.

dream

Remember when the Knicks won a game and ESPN wrote an article about how the Knicks have jelled and New York Basketball is Relevant Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom