• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Dreams-Visions said:
Oh, I don't think our hopes ride on Baron. We know he has a way of being a rollercoaster.

We're excited about the heart the rookies are playing with. And then we've got like...10 picks in the draft or something. lol

Not gonna lie...I beamed when I saw Former Celtic Prospect Luke Harangody make those clutch free throws at the end.

Dreams-Visions said:
Oh, I don't think our hopes ride on Baron. We know he has a way of being a rollercoaster.

We're excited about the heart the rookies are playing with. And then we've got like...10 picks in the draft or something. lol

Trade several of them for Jimmer, he's Mark Price and Craig Ehlo in one person!!!

Gigglepoo said:
Someone needs to redo this gif without that Pacers score at the bottom...

Done.

2lcu5ic.gif

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I thought that guy would be a good pro player.

Did he play much at all with the Celtics????

Luke averaged maybe 6 or 7 minutes a game. He was kind of Scalabrine 2.0 but a lot more talented. The kid always showed a lot of heart and hustle. He had a great game against the Raps though where he got his first career double-double.

Semih Erden is the guy you should be watching though. I think he has a ton of potential and I really wish we didn't let him go.

Gabyskra

Banned
Earl Monroe apparently agreed that Carmelo can wear #15 if the McGuire family agrees. Melo already missed the deadline for next season.

Dwyane Wade said:
Wade: “We played against Orlando and all they do is shoot threes. They can hit them and they can miss them, and they hit them against us. Tonight this team came out and they moved the ball excellent. In my eight years here we’ve only been close one time and that’s the time we won. They always come out and blitz us this way. Popovich is a great coach. He knows how to get his team the shots behind the three-point line. They shot them well. Their confidence got going and it just kept going. You just come out next game and try and do a better job. That’s all we can do. It’s frustrating, of course, when you are going through it, but you’ve got to move on.”

Wow I just looked it up and hes right. Wade has lost @SAS all but one time. And every time it was an epic blowout (30 last season too). Can't believe I never noticed that.

Its an annual ass beating!

Booshka

The Crimson Blur said:
Wow I just looked it up and hes right. Wade has lost @SAS all but one time. And every time it was an epic blowout (30 last season too). Can't believe I never noticed that.

Its an annual ass beating!
Didn't realize it because Sportscenter didn't devote 30 mins to every Heat loss before this year.

Flash

i still can't believe ESPN does that whole grading the heat players thing after every game. straight up embarassing, the heat have shown that they are not anything special time and time again.

dream

Flash said:
i still can't believe ESPN does that whole grading the heat players thing after every game. straight up embarassing, the heat have shown that they are not anything special time and time again.

Why do this? Why devote so much energy and so many resources to the coverage of a single NBA team? Does that really make sense for a national NBA outlet like ESPN.com?

I’ve heard these questions from friends who work in all corners of journalism, fans and a communication executive from an NBA team. They’re questions I’ve asked myself as I prepare to shift much of my individual focus toward the 2010-11 Miami Heat.

The short answer is that we’ve found an insatiable appetite for news about the Heat among basketball fans. Even after the initial firestorm over LeBron James subsided, readers stayed with the story of the Heat all summer and into the fall.

Given the skills and professionalism of our team, an expansive media landscape that allows journalists to experiment every day and the most dynamic story in sports, the question isn’t, "Why do this?"

It's "How can we not?"

Going back and reading the Heat Index in reverse chronology is just awesome.

“Sorry if everyone thought we were going to go 82-0,” a smirking Wade said. “It just ain’t happening.”

I wonder if Wade's still smirking.

For Heat, boredom is stiffest competition

Stick to fighting boredom, guys.

The throat-clearing has been loud and painful to listen to at times, but the Miami Heat are starting to show glimpses of how they're going to win basketball games.

Despite all that offensive firepower on the wings with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, the Heat have established their trademark early as a stubborn, menacing defense, one that can cover for an offense that's still feeling itself out and occasionally susceptible to an unusual combination of anxious deliberation and hero ball.

??????

"I told the team I'm not concerned at all with people are saying or their timeline," Spoelstra said. "We have a different timeline."
-- THIS WAS IN NOVEMBER!!

Obviously.

“At some point in the year, we have to go through something like this,” Spoelstra said. “It's just painful as you go through it. There is a lesson there and we will respond to it.”

THIS WAS IN NOVEMBER TOO!

For Bosh to re-establish himself as one of the great bigs in the game, it’s imperative that he gets back to attacking the basket. Listen to him speak and you get the sense that he understands his success is predicated on his aggressiveness, but that he also hasn’t felt comfortable enough to unleash his fiercer side. Bosh will admit this much: the process doesn’t happen overnight. With 75 games left, there’s still plenty of time for Bosh pacify his doubters.

Is there still time with 20 games left?

“You will continue to see him get more comfortable with our system, but more importantly with tendencies of other guys,” Spoelstra said. “He's a high I.Q. player, and it doesn't take much for a guy like him to figure it out. He also knows, like everybody, how important it is philosophically for us to be efficient and hold each other accountable.”

Spo is talking about Lebron James. Spo says Lebron James has high ball IQ.

Okay, I'm bored with reading how great the Heat are going to be. PEACE.

TheFatOne

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I thought that guy would be a good pro player.

Did he play much at all with the Celtics????

Celtics were to deep so he never got much playing time. He would play a few minutes here and there but no significant time.

Zeke

I will never bitch about espns NFL crew again. Their NBA crew is much worse only great thing about this is them thinking the heat are going to do anything this game. I swear the way they are talking about the heat makes it seems like they are actually an elite team. Its all good tho I'll take the lack of media attention and cock sucking for wins and rings any day.

benita

Banned
Damn Spurs U scary.

Obviously it would have been more impressive had they done this to an elite team, but seriously, noone's beating these guys over 7 games.

giri

Gigglepoo said:
Damn, can't believe I missed tonight's game. Was this another time when Wade's shot wasn't falling and he couldn't help in any other way? 3 rebounds and 1 assist is pretty weak.
Your effort to embolden LBJ and sland Wade is credible, if misguided.

The Crimson Blur said:
Its 23 minutes into Sportcenter and they have only talked about the Heat. Its about to go into commercial so ~28 min of their hour was for the Heat. They talk about other sports too ofc, so they will probably only have 5 more minutes of NBA coverage. 28/33 min of NBA coverage dedicated to a mediocre Eastern conference team?

Cute.
Considering about 80% of your posts has them in it, it's justifiable.

You won, well done, it was the expected result, you better hope the heat don' get dragic.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:

Lol what happened there?

anyhow amazing night i had to catch up with on demand because of the time difference but lol at the knicks losing to the cavs for the 3rd time, spurs blowing out miami cheat and lakers winning at home from the bobcats. What would be an amazing gift for my bday is if the lakers win sunday and the heat lose to the bulls

Gigglepoo

giri said:
Your effort to embolden LBJ and sland Wade is credible, if misguided.

I rip on both. People seem to understand who LeBron is, though, while they ignore Wade's pathetic history (and present).

KingGondo

Banned
giga said:
Expected loss without Smoove but I'm liking what I'm seeing from Kirk.
Yeah, he's an upgrade over Bibby for sure.

I'm glad we were able to put up 100+ against your improved D, looks like we don't miss Uncle Jeff and Nonads too much after all.

The Stealth Fox said:
Dude, he pushed him in mid-air. That's a very dangerous play.

Of course but it got way overblown on this board, he wasn't that high in the air and the push wasn't that ferocious(I don't care if Damper is big, he's 100 years old).

I can't disagree with the call really but it shouldn't warrant any further action.

The Stealth Fox

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Of course but it got way overblown on this board, he wasn't that high in the air and the push wasn't that ferocious(I don't care if Damper is big, he's 100 years old).

I can't disagree with the call really but it shouldn't warrant any further action.

The call is fine the way it is. That's all I'm saying.

And yes, there shouldn't be any further action.

Flash said:

They keep doing it because the Heat still get everyone's attention and grading the Heat like that gets ESPN viewers attention. The Heat aren't a "normal" team yet. Everyone is still obsessed with attacking or defending them. Nothing goes unnoticed. If they win, you talk shit about them, if they lose, you talk more shit about them. I'm a Heat fan and no joke, since the beginning of the season every time the Heat are losing, or Lebron's not shooting well, several "friends" of mine constantly send me heckling text messages, make Facebook posts, heckling me about it. Every single time, all night until the game is over. People "get off" on nagging the Heat. So that's why they still go so much attention and ESPN plays into it feeding people Heat coverage for better or worse. People still demand it so ESPN gives it to them.

ESPN's a casual network that appeals to the casual sports fan.

That's who they target.

Decent network for highlights and whatnot and news but one I can't take too seriously.

SephCast said:
I'm really happy that Kirk is somewhere where he can contribute to a playoff run.

I always liked him as a Bull even though he was inconsistent at times.

He fit really well with their defensive mentality and was capable of putting up 30 point games every blue moon.

Seems like a total class act too that plays the game the right way.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I always liked him as a Bull even though he was inconsistent at times.

He fit really well with their defensive mentality and was capable of putting up 30 point games every blue moon.

Seems like a total class act too that plays the game the right way.

I'm still privately hoping he comes back on the cheap after his contract is up. My Hinrich jersey is waiting.

SephCast said:
I'm still privately hoping he comes back on the cheap after his contract is up. My Hinrich jersey is waiting.

Yeah, they were talking about that as a possibility but I didn't put much weight to it.

He didn't like leaving the team but he totally understood and he really seems to like playing for the Hawks now because they aren't terrible like the Wizards.

SephCast said:
Man, Dwight is such a baby. Shaq only got more than 10 techs 3 times in his career (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/614/shaquille-oneal). Dwight has 14+ in his past 3 seasons, including this one (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2384/dwight-howard). Suck it up man, if you want to be the best C in the league, prepare for the hacks.

The thing about him that surprises me is how much of a pansy he can be for being the strongest guy in the league.

I mean, he gets testy over people bodying him up at times and he's usually the one pushing other people around.

Noah wasn't even given a chance on him but I don't think he likes playing against guys like Noah and even Asik.

He deserves the technicals he gets, like you said, he should know that it's strategic to foul him when he gets to close because he's an abysmal freethrow shooter. He holds all the power to make people pay for those tactics but he continues to be a bigtime liability at the line.

That's why that team is going nowhere, "Hack-a-Shaq" him if you have the bodies and he will fail more often than not at the line. Compound that with the fact that they are a really one dimensional team besides him, chucking stupid threes all the time and that is the reason they don't scare me at all.

He's a great force and a great defensive player but he's more of a liability than people mention. I know he made some improvements on his offensive game but that freethrow shooting is preventing him from being unstoppable and his team from being very difficult to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom