• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodeo Clown said:
Anthony Randolph has a PER of 19.9 with the Wolves. I don't know how to explain this.
Khan is the GM of the forever. Next he'll flip Flynn and Wes Johnson for Dwight, and Rubio will become a 20/10 rookie sensation.

The Stealth Fox

I just want the best players in the league to something completely random and go "SCREW IT, I'M GOING TO THE TIMBERWOLVES/CLIPPERS/CADAVALIERS/RAPTORS!"

It would just be so awesome. Dwight, CP3, and Love. Minnesota being the most hated team in the league.

Minnesota life-longs at every arena.

"I have been a T-wolves fan since 1995. Randy Foye is the best Timperwolves player EVER."

Bread said:
Ok so if Lebron could do "The Decision" all over again, where do you guys think he'd go? NY? It seems like he needs a team full of role players who can hit an open shot and rebound.
Are you kidding? He'd still go to Miami. In Miami, Bosh and Wade get a lot of blame. Helps Bron a bit. He also went to Miami due it being south beach. And the press and pressure in NY would bring Bron to tears and a mental breakdown. He is weak minded.

Also, Bostons trio os quite different. Ray Allen is the greatest 3-point shooter in NBA history but uses his teammates to get off goodshots through screens. He also is about winning and NOT being affraid to take the last shot of a game.

Paul Pierce didnt cease being the captain once the other 2 arrived unlike DWade. Pierce isnt affraid to demand the ball and take the last shot.

KG is about winning at all costs, diving for loose balls unlike Bosh and is 100x mentally tougher than lady Bosh. 10x the defensive player he is also. KG isnt about playing games, flopping due to the air, and complaining that Doc is playing him too many minutes.

The Heats 3 dont compare to Bostons big 3, mentally, physical toughness, clutch ability, nor on the winning only mentality.

numble

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Stern said he wants an entire division in Europe in ten years. Brah is crazy.
There may be some economic sense if those Euro cities have the fans--London's area has like 10-12 million, Barcelona 4-5 million, Berlin 4 million, Madrid 5-6 million, etc. While Memphis and New Orleans are under 700,000, and many other NBA teams are in very small market cities.

The Boston 3 worked for a variety of reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. It helped that:

- the best all around player (Garnett) was always a willing passer and defensive monster
- all 3 guys can score without dominating the ball because they have great jumpers
- they lucked into a pass-first point guard who gets them tons of good looks
- the Celtics' role players were just staggeringly better their first year together (Posey, Powe, Baby, PJ, Sam I Am, House) than the Heat's bench and starting PG/C
- Lebron and Wade's apg stats from last year are as empty as Iverson's pg years. The Heat are 29th in the NBA in assists per game (worse than pre-Deron NJ), a good sign that you're only finding open teammates at the 3 point line after aborted jaunts into the lane.

Bread

Banned
numble said:
There may be some economic sense if those Euro cities have the fans--London's area has like 10-12 million, Barcelona 4-5 million, Berlin 4 million, Madrid 5-6 million, etc. While Memphis and New Orleans are under 700,000, and many other NBA teams are in very small market cities.
Unless there's some huge upgrade in airplane travel within this time frame then there is no chance the players would go for this. It just doesn't make sense.

Mrbob

numble said:

Could you imagine if something like NBA Europe become big. You have players jumping back and forth. Could create some interesting competition.

Also do you have separate champions or do you have the NBA Europe champ face the NBA champ in a 7 game series winner takes all?

overcast

We may just be overreacting a BIT to the Heat loss. It was crushing, and this team does seem to have some huge flaws but give them time. I think the main story with the game last night was it showed how damn good the spurs are.

Owzers

LovingSteam said:
The Heats 3 dont compare to Bostons big 3, mentally, physical toughness, clutch ability, nor on the winning only mentality.

Heat 3 chilling till Boston 3 retire, though getting rid of Perkins should make things more interesting.

overcast said:
We may just be overreacting a BIT to the Heat loss. It was crushing, and this team does seem to have some huge flaws but give them time. I think the main story with the game last night was it showed how damn good the spurs are.

Everyone already knew the spurs were good, it just cemented the thought of how weak the heat are going to be in the playoffs.

rac

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
Heat 3 chilling till Boston 3 retire, though getting rid of Perkins should make things more interesting.
In that the celtics actually have one more center they can have on the court?

Rodeo Clown said:
You guys know that basketball is not actually big in Europe, right?

Basketball is big, just not in all countries. Spain, Italy, Greece and some eastern european countries are basketball crazy. And out of all the european countries who don't care about basketball, the NBA chose to play regular season games in UK who probably cares the least about the sport. And they send the Nets and Raptors. A really great effort by the NBA to establish the sport.

overcast

MorisUkunRasik said:
Everyone already knew the spurs were good, it just cemented the thought of how weak the heat are going to be in the playoffs.
Well the heat aren't beating the celtics, bulls, or magic. That's for damn sure.

overcast said:
Well the heat aren't beating the celtics, bulls, or magic. That's for damn sure.

At this rate they'll play the knicks in the playoffs. I would wager that thing goes to six games. Any outcome wouldn't surprise me really outside of a sweep from either teams.

overcast said:
lol. they're not playing well, but I'd put money on them getting past Orlando. I'd expect the Celtics and Bulls to come out on top, however.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Benjamin1981 said:
Basketball is big, just not in all countries. Spain, Italy, Greece and some eastern european countries are basketball crazy.
Oh, I know it's something of a thing in some places, but the teams still play in tiny arenas that they still can't sell out. FC Barcelona plays in an arena that seats like 8,000.

The point is, it's nice to want things like an NBA Europe, but it would never happen. The money isn't there. The arenas aren't there. The support isn't there. Travel complicates things. Also, the Euroleague exists and would never let it happen.

TimDuncameGamOverLH.gif

Game Over x3 :D

Tom Penny

Wohoo !!! Arroyo to the C'z. The roster is now complete with the addition of scrubs Murphy, Pavlovic and Arroyo to subtract minutes from scrub Bradley.

Daryl Morey and JVG on TMac during this weekend's Sloan MIT conference:

Perhaps it was inevitable with the heavy Rockets flavor on the panel, but the discussion quickly to turned to Tracy McGrady — in an unfavorable way. “Tracy McGrady was 1,000 hours of practice,” Van Gundy said, to some pretty loud laughs. “He should be a Hall of Fame player. His talent was other-worldly. He was given a great leg up in the race against other players. He’s as close as I’ve ever seen to someone with a perfect body and a good mind.”

And then Morey got to the heart of it: “McGrady was the most gifted player I’ve ever had on the roster. I do think [his talent] got in the way of Tracy’s development. Much of the game was so, so easy — and you see this in the AAU level, where they have freakishly talented players. When it’s that easy to dominate at that young age, because of your physical tools — his wing span was freakish, his size was enormous, his IQ. But my sense was that all of that did get in the way of Tracy reaching his highest heights.”

Poor T-Mac. But it wasn’t over, yet. Van Gundy came back to McGrady later: “I like a lot of things about Tracy McGrady. I just wish I could have changed his practice habits and his mentality.”

None of this is really disputable — Morey and Van Gundy are far from being the first to say this kind of thing about McGrady, and it’s sad to think about someone that talented failing to work as hard as perhaps he should have.

I wonder if in 5 years we'll be replacing McGrady with James in that paragraph? Lebron better take note and look at the careers of TMac, AI and Vince who didn't bust their asses in the gym, and how quickly they fell off.

TheFatOne

Tom Penny said:
Wohoo !!! Arroyo to the C'z. The roster is now complete with the addition of scrubs Murphy, Pavlovic and Arroyo to subtract minutes from scrub Bradley.

Arroyo was the missing piece. Now the Celtics are ready for a long playoff run.

SamuraiX-

Tom Penny said:

It really is disappointing that Carlos motherfucking Arroyo is gonna be an upgrade over Avery Bradley.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
SamuraiX- said:
I don't think I've ever seen Duncan take a regular season game so seriously.

Mavs/Spurs 2010 1st game

he was hyped as Yipes for a MvC2 game

WindhorstESPN said:
This season Dwayne Wade & LeBron James' shooting percentages decrease by quarter, dropping more than 10% from 1Q to 4Q. Most teams percentages drop as games go on, defenses tighten. But that sharp of a decline from stars is surprising

WallaceESPN said:
Heat now NBA-worst 1-for-14 on potential tying or go-ahead shots in last 10 seconds of 4th qtr or OT this yr, according to Elias

Interesting

Tom Penny

SamuraiX- said:
It really is disappointing that Carlos motherfucking Arroyo is gonna be an upgrade over Avery Bradley.

He doesn't know how to play basketball yet and Doc has him trying to run the point. It's a disaster. Arroyo at least has experience and can knock down a shot here and there.

Megaton

Neo Member
xnipx said:
So what exactly is the point of the nets and raptors playing two straight games against each other in London??

Nothing builds up popular support for your sport as displaying the Bargnani - Humphries showdown two days in a row.

SamuraiX- said:
I don't think I've ever seen Duncan take a regular season game so seriously.

Duncan is old school and has no respect for Miami and their shenanigans. Duncan would never do that in a similar situation vs Lakers, Mavs, or Celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom