• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Damn, can't believe I missed tonight's game. Was this another time when Wade's shot wasn't falling and he couldn't help in any other way? 3 rebounds and 1 assist is pretty weak.

Sharp

The Crimson Blur said:
54 wins is good enough to clinch playoffs in the West right now. We will probably clinch this week.

In the 2nd week of March.
Didn't jobber say you guys clinched already?
Gigglepoo said:
Damn, can't believe I missed tonight's game. Was this another time when Wade's shot wasn't falling and he couldn't help in any other way? 3 rebounds and 1 assist is pretty weak.
Not really. In tonight's game the Heat didn't look like they belonged on the same court as the Spurs. Trying to look for individual players to blame would be totally pointless.

Sanjuro

I'm still not sure the Spurs will make the playoffs. The experts tell me they aren't a high caliber team. I hope they can at least make the 8th seed.

Gigglepoo said:

All I know is LeBron missed a bunch of shots in the second half.

Blackface said:

14blqvn.jpg

Sharp said:
Didn't jobber say you guys clinched already?

I dunno. But we haven't clinched yet. Effectively we have, because we could lose every game from now on and still be a 5th seed.

BOS might actually clinch first though, because it only takes 48 wins to clinch in the East.

Gigglepoo

I assume someone has already .gif'd Timmy mouthing "Game Over," right?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
All I know is LeBron missed a bunch of shots in the second half.

Well, yeah, he can't shoot. Never could.

Sharp said:
Not really. In tonight's game the Heat didn't look like they belonged on the same court as the Spurs. Trying to look for individual players to blame would be totally pointless.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like. It'd be nice to see Wade contribute when his shot isn't falling at least once, though.

The Crimson Blur said:
54 wins is good enough to clinch playoffs in the West right now. We will probably clinch this week.

In the 2nd week of March.

2 games needed, I believe. a spurs win and Memphis loss should do it.

not that the 8th seed will win 51, anyway.

Booshka

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm still not sure the Spurs will make the playoffs. The experts tell me they aren't a high caliber team. I hope they can at least make the 8th seed.
They are just too boring and fundamental to even discuss.

Great night tonight.

Loved seeing the end of that Cavs game. B DIDDY! I'm really enjoying watching our young team play now.

Love the Heat getting smashed.

Bread

Banned
Black Mamba said:
I didn't compare them to anyone. I simply stated the bench unit blew the lead twice. I feel like this will be a recurring team come May.
The second unit will be much better when Delonte/Shaq/Davis are back.

ESPN recap said:
Miami coach Erik Spoelstra preached "adversity" and "collective resolve" with reporters before the game. He said that following the Heat's incredible collapse against Orlando on Thursday night, team president Pat Riley joined him in trying to brainstorm ways to get the team out of another funk.

Instead, they came up speechless.

"Part of the conversation was ... just sitting there, in silence, while both of us were trying to think about what we can do next," Spoelstra said.

San Antonio, meanwhile, crossed another opponent off its list.

Haha wow.

Gigglepoo said:
I assume someone has already .gif'd Timmy mouthing "Game Over," right?

a2zw9y.jpg

Shame its only the last Game Over. The first 2 were the better ones. I wish someone could get all 3 because I plan on using it a lot.

Black Mamba said:
2 games needed, I believe. a spurs win and Memphis loss should do it.

not that the 8th seed will win 51, anyway.

Clinching is not dependent on MEM but PHX. You calculate it by determining how much the 9th seed could possibly win to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs. If MEM wins out and Spurs lose out, all that would do is reshuffle the top 8. Spurs would still be in the playoffs.

The M.O.B

SamuraiX- said:
:( ya got me there, if there is a crime for being way too confident in a team, I committed it.

Unbelivable to me, I can stand losing a close game to a good team, but being blown out of the water like never before is a joke.

This upcoming 6 game "home"-stand is gonna be very telling for this team's chances in the playoffs.

JK , 8-0 Win Streak Incoming :D

Sharp

Oh god Bosh :heatbench
Bosh on Tony Parker said:
"That's probably like that [New England Patriots coach] Bill Belichick thing that they do," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "Tom Brady will go on the IR or something and he'll be back Sunday. They're smart guys. It's more than just the course of the game. It's a mental game, too. He probably knew he was playing all the time."
So damn salty.

Branduil

Darkman M said:
Charmin soft Chandler is hurt again Brandy?
He tweaked his ankle on Tuesday, he should be back in a couple of games.

Also, don't you have Bynum on your team? Glass houses and all of that.

Bread said:
Bosh probably heard that from Gisele.
Chris_Bosh_Chris-Bosh_-Adrienne.bmp
who dat white girl? I seem to remember Bron getting into it with Bosh's wife a couple years back?

or was that his--god I hate saying this--baby momma?

and why is Dwyane Wade dressing Chris Bosh?

TheFatOne

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
His job isn't to strictly play defense, he is our top scoring option of the bench. He is replacing Nate Robinson...I don't know how people can prefer Nate > Green.

As a replacement for Nate he is awesome, but I honestly would prefer having Perks defense. Kristic has been better than I expected, and it looks like he can actually finish plays. On the bright side once Delonte, Shaq, and the rest of the team are healthy he should play well of the bench. Hopefully Delonte stays healthy because he is the key player for the Celtics bench IMO.

dream

Dreams-Visions said:
STOP TAKING OUR HAPPINESS AWAY.

:-(

When Baron Davis arrived in Los Angeles almost three years ago, he was supposed to be the harbinger of a new era for the Clippers. He had just taken the almost equally pathetic Golden State Warriors to consecutive winning seasons and with a real big man in Elton Brand, he would be the bearded and smiling face of that change. People would be able to look back in the annals of Clipper history and pinpoint exactly when it was that the Clippers turned it around. Baron still may be able to be that marker, that Black Swan event that everyone rationalizes post-facto, but it won’t be in the way that he initially hoped.

Baron’s first two years with the franchise were more than a disappointment, but a heartbreaking poke in the eye to the fans of the Clippers. Local prodigy returns home to do good stories twisted and inverted themselves to the point where he was the focal point for blame. Brand may have bolted for Philadelphia, but it was still Baron’s team to handle. There were still players like Kaman, Camby, Gordon, and Zach Randolph. All was not lost, and yet, Baron arrived to camp overweight and unmotivated. His play in the beginning of the season was so uninspired that the Clippers barely pretended to have the normal and unreasonable excitement on the year. They finished with only 19 wins.

Blame piled on his shoulders, but there was a measure of understanding and fingerpointing at Elton Brand, the good guy that ran out on the bad situation. And with the prospect of Blake Griffin, a then exciting but unknown commodity bounding around the Big 12, there was a source of hope. Baron arrived into camp the following year in shape, with some ready to declare his first year with the Clippers an aberration. After all, many Clipper fans had watched Baron play with their own eyes. They witnessed his talent when he played at UCLA in his two years there, they knew what kind of limitless potential and charisma that could still transform the Clippers into more than the Lakers’ sniveling little brother. He did documentaries on the life of the inner city, spoke out, helped kids, and there always seemed to be times when his bushy face and unbridled smile were in a magazine, online or in the paper. There was still hope for him, a precious commodity in Clipperland.

But his great shape didn’t transition into a great mental state. A huge blow to be sure, but as soon as Blake went down with the injury that no one could give a correct prognosis, Baron reverted back to a form of Bad Baron, hoisting up transition threes and driving fans crazy. Even though the Clippers hovered around .500 for the first half of the season, it was clear that in the competitive Western Conference the Clippers wouldn’t be able to compete. They traded off fan favorite Marcus Camby and that’s when the real, cutting blame set in. Baron not only wasn’t the team’s savior but he was the reason for the team’s failures. Every jacked up three pointer, every turnover signaled the wasted opulence of his talent, the clear arrogance and delusion of self, and at the heart of it all, the embodiment of the stereotype of what was wrong with professional athletes. He coasted on his talent.

tldr: don't get too excited about Baron.

dream said:
tldr: don't get too excited about Baron.
Oh, I don't think our hopes ride on Baron. We know he has a way of being a rollercoaster.

We're excited about the heart the rookies are playing with. And then we've got like...10 picks in the draft or something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom