• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

viakado said:
name that gaffer!

[21:27] viakado: I know ur happy Bitch
[21:27] gaffer: blake future
[21:27] viakado: Fuck u. No fisher no ring
[21:27] gaffer: yeah rite
[21:27] gaffer: he sux
[21:27] gaffer: i hope he's out for the year
[21:27] viakado: Smfh
[21:27] viakado: Wow
[21:28] viakado: Stay classy
[21:28] gaffer: nothing personal
[21:28] gaffer: we are not gonna win with him starting
[21:28] viakado: We have before. Will do it again
[21:28] gaffer: no way, he blows
[21:28] gaffer: we won't have hca this year
[21:29] gaffer: cannot waste 2 games in a series before phil takes him off a good pg
That slut Konex.

viakado said:
name that gaffer!

[21:27] viakado: I know ur happy Bitch
[21:27] gaffer: blake future
[21:27] viakado: Fuck u. No fisher no ring
[21:27] gaffer: yeah rite
[21:27] gaffer: he sux
[21:27] gaffer: i hope he's out for the year
[21:27] viakado: Smfh
[21:27] viakado: Wow
[21:28] viakado: Stay classy
[21:28] gaffer: nothing personal
[21:28] gaffer: we are not gonna win with him starting
[21:28] viakado: We have before. Will do it again
[21:28] gaffer: no way, he blows
[21:28] gaffer: we won't have hca this year
[21:29] gaffer: cannot waste 2 games in a series before phil takes him off a good pg

you fucked up

i saw that edit

and i was all hyped to make a guess :(

Booshka

People that shit talk Fisher piss me off, guy is Laker's royalty, love his leadership and attitude. He was never a great player, but he doesn't suck on any level. Fuck off haters.

Shadow780

Booshka said:
People that shit talk Fisher piss me off, guy is Laker's royalty, love his leadership and attitude. He was never a great player, but he doesn't suck on any level. Fuck off haters.

There's only one.

Sanjuro

Booshka said:
If you are saying he is better than Mike Bibby, then yes.

dream said:
I think Noah will be fine in a week or two. I'd be more concerned about Boozer's defense...

He'll never play defense, they just have to work around it.

Every once in a while he will make a steal but I don't think there's going to be much improvement ever and it's a shame as everyone else on the team either plays very good defense or gives very good effort.

Asik has proven why the Bulls didn't trade him, the guy is busting his ass and defending and getting boards.

I can live with Boozer's deficiency as long as he gets his points and boards but his scoring hasn't even been that great of late.

Not too worried about that though as he knows how to score and always has.

Heysoos

a2zw9y.gif

dream

Shadow780 said:
There's only one.

But are there actually Fish fans? I thought most of Lakers-Age just sort of ignores him as he continues his incredible streak of double singles.

I wish the gif was from the 1st time he said Game Over.

Bynum deserved to close this game, but gets no love from Phil.

edit: Phil has played this lineup the entire 4th. He doesn't believe the kittens can come back. just trollin' em. :lol

Shadow780

dream said:
But are there actually Fish fans? I thought most of Lakers-Age just sort of ignores him as he continues his incredible streak of double singles.

Anyone that's not delusional knows Fisher is shitacular during regular season but delivers in the playoffs.

Booshka

dream said:
I am, I respect the guy and what he has done for the team. Lebron's stats don't tell the whole story, neither do Fisher's. I know he sucks it up on a regular basis, but he goes huge at the best times, and he is a fantastic competitor; true professional. That hit on Scola is funny to watch too.

Caracter should be in this game, but the lead isn't big enough. I am also confused why Pau is in for Bynum, Drew needs more playtime, Pau needs less. Come on Phil.

I like Phil has put the task on the team without Kobe to close this game. Smart coaching.

But I would have like Bynum to get his proper due by closing this game out over Lamar. Not that he's played bad, just that I think Drew earned that right.

God damn, Blake can't hit anything.

Black Mamba said:
I like Phil has put the task on the team without Kobe to close this game. Smart coaching.

But I would have like Bynum to get his proper due by closing this game out over Lamar. Not that he's played bad, just that I think Drew earned that right.

God damn, Blake can't hit anything.

The people that rag on Andrew will use it against him too. "If Andrew doesn't suck, why doesn't he close out the games, herp derp??"

After spending much of the first quarter barking at the officials after picking up two early fouls, LeBron locked in and dragged the Heat back into the game. He crashed the offensive glass for a series of putbacks during his 15-point second quarter. Out on the perimeter, James was one of the Heat's many absentee landlords who allowed the Spurs to light it up from outside.

Are you fucking kidding me, ESPN?

Booshka

Black Mamba said:
Lebron and Bosh got a B+. lmao.

LAKERS BEAT BOBKITTENS. PLAN DA PARADE!!!

Pau: 38 min. No one else at 30 (besides Blake). Really, you couldn't swap him and Drew for 3 minutes. sigh.
Yea no shit, Pau has been playing too much this year, comparatively. Then again, it was our Regular season finals game, so leave Pau in to prevent a stupid comeback, but Bynum could have done it better, especially tonight. Never mind, I still don't get it.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Also, how did Jeff Green score 21 points!? You all had me convinced he was as bad as Lamar Odom.

he was also -9 in a 4 point victory (-11 before Ray's icing FTs).

In both halves, every time he and Murphy came in, they nearly gave up the lead.

Aha, 5 of the next 6 things on Sportcenter ticker?

"Heat-Spurs reaction"
"Dwyane Wade speaks"
"Tough times for Heat"
"Deep playoff run"
"Heat Spurs"

Remember they already spent over 30 minutes on the Heat this hour. Guess the next hour will have 30 minutes of Heat coverage too.

Number 1 top play was Lebron too btw.

KS Seven X said:
The people that rag on Andrew will use it against him too. "If Andrew doesn't suck, why doesn't he close out the games, herp derp??"

damn how are you still alive

dead man walking

Booshka

The Crimson Blur said:
Aha, 5 of the next 6 things on Sportcenter ticker?

"Heat-Spurs reaction"
"Dwyane Wade speaks"
"Tough times for Heat"
"Deep playoff run"
"Heat Spurs"

Remember they already spent over 30 minutes on the Heat this hour. Guess the next hour will have 30 minutes of Heat coverage too.

Number 1 top play was Lebron too btw.
The advantages of being able watch your team's local postgame coverage for 30 mins. Instead of depending on Sportscenter.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
he was also -9 in a 4 point victory (-11 before Ray's icing FTs).

In both halves, every time he and Murphy came in, they nearly gave up the lead.
+/- is a lousy stat for basketball. He looked great out there tonight.

So we have solid players in Green and Krstic. While the combination of Perkins and Nate have played a whopping total of 8 minutes since being acquired and both are out with significant injuries.

GAF NBA experts are the best!

TheFatOne

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Also, how did Jeff Green score 21 points!? You all had me convinced he was as bad as Lamar Odom.

Didn't he have like 1 rebound? I still don't like the trade, but it's still to early for me to make a judgment. I really hope this trade works out.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

So we have solid players in Green and Krstic. While the combination of Perkins and Nate have played a whopping total of 8 minutes since being acquired and both are out with significant injuries.

Kristic has been ok, but Green looked dead during some parts of the game. I still don't know how I feel about him.

Blackface

Banned
From Jeff Van Gundy:
“They (Heat) will break the single-season win record [of 72], and I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers’ 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year. They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,” Van Gundy added. “There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will. And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.”

WAY MORE here http://gossipsports.com/?p=1393

Sanjuro

TheFatOne said:
Didn't he have like 1 rebound? I still don't like the trade, but it's still to early for me to make a judgment. I really hope this trade works out.

Kristic has been ok, but Green looked dead during some parts of the game. I still don't know how I feel about him.
His job isn't to strictly play defense, he is our top scoring option of the bench. He is replacing Nate Robinson...I don't know how people can prefer Nate > Green.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

it's silly to compare them to injured players. Obviously the trade is good if Perkins never plays again.

+/- is definitely flawed, but sometimes it tells you stuff. Whenever he was in the game with the bench, the bench stunk and gave up the lead. another C fan was complaining about the trade while watching the game because of it.

I didn't watch, so I won't comment on how Green specifically played. Just pointing out that the bench gave up the leads.

1/2: Matt Barnes said he actually didn't aggravate his knee, but tweaked a nerve in upper leg stretching prior to the game.

Barnes said the leg had "calmed down" after the game, and that he would make the coming 4-game trip.

So, it's not the knee. That's good.

Edit: TCB, don't let em schedule Xmas games!

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
it's silly to compare them to injured players. Obviously the trade is good if Perkins never plays again.
It's not silly to compare them to injured players as right now we would not have any sort of a bench if we kept them.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's not silly to compare them to injured players as right now we would not have any sort of a bench if we kept them.

I didn't compare them to anyone. I simply stated the bench unit blew the lead twice. I feel like this will be a recurring team come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom