• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Penny said:
Wohoo !!! Arroyo to the C'z. The roster is now complete with the addition of scrubs Murphy, Pavlovic and Arroyo to subtract minutes from scrub Bradley.

Now the Celtics will know all
one
of Miami's plays! Doc is a genius!

Black Mamba said:
Now the Celtics will know all
one
of Miami's plays! Doc is a genius!

Doc - Carlos! What play are they running?!
Arroyo - Bron Iso coach!
Doc - How about now?!
Arroyo - Um Wade Iso coach!
Doc - Now?
Arroyo - Drive and pray coach!
Doc- How bout you just go warm up my car.

dream said:
NOBODY EVEN MENTIONED RAJON RONDO.

futurama-kif_288x288.jpg

diehard

Fleer
The Stealth Fox said:
Rondo sucks. It just so happens that Deron sucks even more.
Jordan sucks even more.

... We're just naming players who destroyed our teams in back to back playoff series right?

Vyer

I'd like to watch some of these panels from the Sloan Sports Conference.

Jvg: charles oakley a rocket scientist on the court. Off court and on court iq not necessarily the same. #ssac

Cuban: San Antonio and Lakers only coaches who ignore analytics, because they're comfortable w/their jobs. Used to be Jerry Sloan too. #ssac

Morey - we get lots of players that took up basketball because they were big, didn't love or understand the game, in Boston Marcus Banks had all the tools when he came in, but told us his ultimate goal was to be a male fashion model, that was a huge red flag.

lol

Simmons: in basketball you wanna be really good or really bad, dont wanna get stuck in no mans land. 40 wins is bad #ssac

Lacob: "Having said that, I'll take 40 wins." Wyc: "Over how many years?" Crowd: "oooooooh." #ssac

Advanced STAT just either missed a wide open layup, or got completely rejected by Jordan Farmar from behind.

And Outlaw...smh.

Here's ESPN's fantasy analysis of Outlaw:

ESPN said:
Outlaw played 23 minutes off the bench on Friday, and finished with eight points on 4-of-13 shooting (0-of-6 3PT).

Spin: Not much to report here. Outlaw is still one of the single worst investments made by any team this past offseason, and the move to the bench should only solidify his uselessness in fantasy and reality.

SUPREME1

Banned
nba_g_lakers_300.jpg

^All playing well right now. Ron coming around to acceptable status, Lamar playing consistent all season long... and now 5 wins in a row?

Shit, yous mofos should be real concerned, because they hit the switch.

Lakers gonna Lake :lol

In Phil We Trust

Karakand

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Vujacic is pretty much the worst human in the NBA.
I've said some bad things about Sasha before but I wouldn't go that far. For example his cousin never shot someone
in the United States?

SUPREME1

Banned
Karakand said:
I've said some bad things about Sasha before but I wouldn't go that far. For example his cousin never shot someone
in the United States?

He was never a get away driver
in California

Jonas Valanciunas' last Euroleague game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruI_sTo6y0&feature=player_embedded

He looks like he could be really good and I think he's the best prospect in the draft, but I still wish he looked like he couldn't be on a "feed starving children" commercial. He's also extremely similar to Favors except way thinner and a bit quicker and more explosive so I don't think the Jazz will go for him. Kanter and Barnes would be the best fit for the team.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Advanced STAT just either missed a wide open layup, or got completely rejected by Jordan Farmar from behind.

And Outlaw...smh.

Here's ESPN's fantasy analysis of Outlaw:
Still Nets had a better offseason than the Knicks, though. /sarcasm

Per Titty Buss:

Came 2 office w/Phil @ 9:45 am Practice @ 11 only 1 other car here. Phil says "Kobe's here before me" & then smiles.

Motherfuckers.

numble

RJNavarrete said:
Per Titty Buss:

Came 2 office w/Phil @ 9:45 am Practice @ 11 only 1 other car here. Phil says "Kobe's here before me" & then smiles.

Motherfuckers.
But I heard Kobe doesn't practice anymore.

http://framework.latimes.com/2011/03/03/kobe-bryant-from-preps-to-pros/#/0

A look into one of Kobe's first photoshoots as a pro. Pretty good, quick read.

Behind him, clouds brushed the tops of the Santa Monica Mountains and the sun gilded the ocean, but Kobe Bryant was oblivious to the stunning backdrop at Will Rogers State Beach.

For more than two hours Bryant, the high school sensation who has yet to play a game with the Lakers but already has an Adidas contract and a Screen Actors Guild card, concentrated on soaring skyward for layup after layup while a photographer snapped images for a poster.

Eyeing the rim, mentally counting the steps, he was poised for another attempt when a photo assistant stopped him. Bryant paused, listened, then looked away in embarrassment as the assistant knelt at Bryant’s feet and tied the budding star’s shoes.

His mother, Pam, laughed at the deference shown her 18-year-old son. “I hope he doesn’t wait for me to do that for him,” she said….

Kobe’s high school coach, Gregg Downer, described coaching him as a once-in-a-lifetime privilege.

giri

numble said:
There may be some economic sense if those Euro cities have the fans--London's area has like 10-12 million, Barcelona 4-5 million, Berlin 4 million, Madrid 5-6 million, etc. While Memphis and New Orleans are under 700,000, and many other NBA teams are in very small market cities.
Umm

They already have a league and clubs, why do they want an NBA league? Unless the NBA is going to giv them NBA type money to pay players, but even then, i can see the league having to support those clubs, and then them folding when the support runs out.

Let the euro's handle their own shit.

How ever, if the NBA wanted to send their team that won the chip to play against the ones from europe that won in each countries respective league......

ImperialConquest said:
nba_g_lakers_300.jpg

^All playing well right now. Ron coming around to acceptable status, Lamar playing consistent all season long... and now 5 wins in a row?

Shit, yous mofos should be real concerned, because they hit the switch.

Lakers gonna Lake :lol

In Phil We Trust

Ah, a product of the LAUSD I see. :lol

It's 6, IC. 10/13 going back to the start of the 7 game road trip. Stupid Cleveland loss really messes with that. bah.

4 game roadie coming up @ SAS, @ Atl, @ Miami, @ Dallas followed by home vs Orlando for the next 5.

Lakers will have had 30 home games and 37 on the road when they return for Orlando. That's a lot of home games to close out the season.

dIEHARD said:
Considering its New Jersey , Deron has been putting up monster assist numbers there.

It really is amazing how one player turned us from one of the worst apg teams in the league to one of the best. The whole team moves the ball better now with Deron out there.

Damn nice move by DeRozan.

I remember when Deron used to hit midrange jumpers off the dribble. It only happened for one month in his entire career, but it happened.

Doesn't help that his jumper is half-broken due to the wrist injury.

Or that's he's really bad off of the dribble in midrange jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom