• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

iv always wondered this and never really looked it up, but what is the back story with this los lakers etc things sometimes on their shirts.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
I love being a fan of a team that attracts so much attention. Especially from people who think they take pleasure in watching people lose.

It's just jealousy, folks.

And I love embracing this jealousy. The jealousy of being ahead of you in the standings. The jealousy of having the tiebreaker over your team. The jealousy of having a Center.

Bosh is playing really well with James and Wade on the bench.

Sad that the announcers quoted him as saying he won't be comfortable as a 3rd option until next year.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Omiee said:
iv always wondered this and never really looked it up, but what is the back story with this los lakers etc things sometimes on their shirts.
It's an exploitation attempt by the NBA.

SephCast said:
And I love embracing this jealousy. The jealousy of being ahead of you in the standings. The jealousy of having the tiebreaker over your team. The jealousy of having a Center.

So if your team is so superior then why are people like you so obsessed?

Oh, it's because you want the attention and crave it like little girls.

WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH THE HEAT GET SOOOOOO MUCH MEDIA ATTENTION INSTEAD OF TEAMS THAT DESERVE IT!!!

The media loves covering controversy and things that are roller coaster rides. Fucking deal with it.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
So if your team is so superior then why are people like you so obsessed?

Oh, it's because you want the attention and crave it like little girls.

WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH THE HEAT GET SOOOOOO MUCH MEDIA ATTENTION INSTEAD OF TEAMS THAT DESERVE IT!!!

The media loves covering controversy and things that are roller coaster rides. Fucking deal with it.

Because it's fun to hate and laugh at the misfortune of the big three. The spectacle they put everyone through this summer was completely uncalled for. I don't even watch sportscenter or anything national (save for PTI). I don't care about biased media attention during the season. I just don't like what they did.

Omiee

bosh realy playing well right now, lets see how things go when the starters are back in. I get this vibe like tends to be a scrub when he is playing and wade and bron are in.

SephCast said:
Because it's fun to hate and laugh at the misfortune of the big three. The spectacle they put everyone through this summer was completely uncalled for. I don't even watch sportscenter or anything national (save for PTI). I don't care about biased media attention during the season. I just don't like what they did.

Yeah dude I understand what they did seems major douche but they were getting their own fan base excited. Why the fuck does that matter to the rest of the nation? Besides---it wasn't their idea. They were told it was going to happen and it was like oh whatever, sounds fun.

I'll accept people making fun of "not 1...2....3...etc." but reading this board sometimes doesn't feel like a basketball discussion but a bunch of pansies that read into words like women

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
Yeah dude I understand what they did seems major douche but they were getting their own fan base excited. Why the fuck does that matter to the rest of the nation? Besides---it wasn't their idea. They were told it was going to happen and it was like oh whatever, sounds fun.

I'll accept people making fun of "not 1...2....3...etc." but reading this board sometimes doesn't feel like a basketball discussion but a bunch of pansies that read into words like women

I'm not really talking about the rally and stuff introducing the players, more like the buildup. Just announce in a quick press conference, and get it over with. But it's a free country, and so they can do what they want.

At the same time, I thank them for what they did, though, because it's made this season so much fun.

MorisUkunRasik said:
If Bosh could do this consistently Heat would be scary. He will inevitably return to his spot up shooting ways.

I don't think they post Bosh much when Wade and Lebron are in the game because those two aren't going to spot up or make consistent off the ball cuts. A Bosh fadeaway is still a lower % shot than a James/Wade drive as well.

Oh shit LeElbow is banged up.

SephCast said:
I'm not really talking about the rally and stuff introducing the players, more like the buildup. Just announce in a quick press conference, and get it over with. But it's a free country, and so they can do what they want.

At the same time, I thank them for what they did, though, because it's made this season so much fun.

I guess in the NBA it's a lot easier to hate on individual players since so much is placed on them. In the NFL I don't hate on players in particular, I'll just think they're stupid. Only teams on rivals and the players on them.

ph33nix said:

I'm trying to understand the bolded but I can't. What do you mean?

Haha the Heat players just let Lebron lay there until Wade finally came over.

If it was Boston, there would have been 2-3 players helping him up within 5 seconds.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
I guess in the NBA it's a lot easier to hate on individual players since so much is placed on them. In the NFL I don't hate on players in particular, I'll just think they're stupid. Only teams on rivals and the players on them.

Yeah, because one player can make so much more of a difference in the NBA. However, I hate the steelers solely because Ben Roethlisberger is a scumbag and a rapist.

ph33nix said:
I can understand hating on individual players like Wade Lebron or Bosh but hating on the team i think is stupid because any other team would've jumped to sign Lebron Wade and Bosh (before he was exposed) if given the opportunity and the organization itself has been very professional

Tom Penny

If the Bulls keep it within like at halftime they will be fine. Wade and Lebron have been taking mostly jumpers which will eventually fail.

ph33nix said:

Thank you so much. At least coming from you others may respect it more since you have been a long time active member.

ph33nix said:
It's so easy to talk when you don't watch games
He isn't on your team anymore. It's OK for you to realize that Beasley is ass just like the rest of the league. Rebounds like shit for a power forward and defends poorly at the power forward position. Too slow to defend small forwards. Doesn't get to the free throw line despite having the ball in his hands a lot. Not an efficient scorer. Beasley has been a massive disappointment so far. He and Glenn Robinson were supposed to tear up the league with their grit on the boards and their sweet scoring touches (and Glenn could handle the ball well too), but they ended up playing pussy ball and getting dominated on the glass and settling for shitty jumpshots. In conclusion, fuck Beasley and fuck the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom