• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but anyone understand why Rose rarely gets calls going to the basket as much as he does???

I mean, the game against the Celtics in Chicago and maybe one other, he got a lot of calls but I think his average of calls per game is really low.

I would say he's a whiner but I can't see him complaining and there not being at least some fouls committed on him.

Now when Boozer complains, I just laugh.

Omiee

are the spurs even trying to rebound, and damnn a lot of laker fans in the arena.
I thought some spurs fan said you would never hear laker fans in san antonio, and only teams with no history what so ever cheer for the lakers in stead of their own team.

But man lakers coming out trying to prove something.

VindicatorZ said:
They could still win the title this year. Who the hell knows? People are deciding the playoffs way too early. It doesn't look good right now, I'll admit that, but I think it's pointless to compare a good Cleveland team from last year, to a new team still figuring themselves out. The potential is there for this team to be great, it will take time.

Sure, anything can happen. The Grizzlies can win the championship. Who knows. Unlike some (Pimp) I don't make guarantees. With that being said, the Heat have consistently displayed they're unable to win the close games and the games against the top opponents.

thekad

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Really man? People aren't laughing because this is just one game that the Heat lost at the last second to a top team. We're laughing because its emblematic of this team and LeBron led teams in general. I get that you jumped on the Bron/Heat wagon to offset your disdain for all things Kobe, I get that, but seriously this is some hilarious stuff.

What's losing to one of the worst teams ever emblematic of?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Cerrius said:
Regular season record doesn't mean jack shit.

It may not mean shit, but it's a telling factor

Lebron with no named players did better last year with his team than Miami Heat of this fucking year

Omiee

Out rebounding them, our big men are realy going to be the difference for us. But again that PG match with fisher is going to kill us.

Cloudy

Banned
This is why I fear the Mavs and even Blazers more than the Spurs. SA is very beatable if they aren't making every 3

Grimm Fandango said:
I love it when Boozer fouls someone. He immediately draws his hands inwards and he looks like a little boy or something.

Yeah, he does that too but I like when he complains when he is on offense.

Sometimes he does get fouled but more often than not, he gets the ball blocked or loses control of it.

If he lowered those two occurences, he'd be the player he was earlier in the year.

Flash

The Chosen One said:
In a half-court situation, Wade has more versatile than Lebron. Lebron either just barrels in or takes a step-back jumper. When Wade isn't foul fishing, he's able to slice through compacted defenses and get to more spots on the floor.

And thats why I hate wade. He had a few consecutive possessions in the second half where he wasn't fishing for fouls, and the plays were beautiful. He got to the lane effortlessly, and he'd put up a nice layup thats almost guaranteed to go in.

But these plays are far too few, and most of the time we get these plays where wade does not look interested in scoring but rather getting a foul called where he'd either just throw his body into the defender on the drive, or through up a shot where he so obviously tries to draw contact. It's infuriating and it makes me hate his game.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
Ah, Lakers playing well. Spurs playing like shit.

Perfect recipe for a blowout.

But lets see how the guys respond.

believe me its just another game for the spurs and a statement game for us.

SHANNON BROWNN!! DAMNN WHAT A DUNK

Omiee said:
are the spurs even trying to rebound, and damnn a lot of laker fans in the arena.
I thought some spurs fan said you would never hear laker fans in san antonio, and only teams with no history what so ever cheer for the lakers in stead of their own team.

I think you just made that up right now.

There are bandwagoners in every corner of the world. It sucks, but its true all around the league.

thekad said:
What's losing to one of the worst teams ever emblematic of?

If you're referring to the Lakers, don't need to bring it up with me. I don't think the Lakers are winning it this year and have said that for months. Although they're looking good today. The Heat have a bigger problem than the Lakers do.

dabig2

peterb0y said:
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I can't tell after the discussion about intangibles thats going on above..

absolute serious. Bulls (Rose...) allowed the Heat to go on a 7-0 run there late. That kind of run shouldn't happen in the last minute and a half of the game. Though with some luck they were able to pull a victory, but still...

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
I think you just made that up right now.

There are bandwagoners in every corner of the world. It sucks, but its true all around the league.

No im not kidding you, i think it was lakers playing on the road and somebody said something about no team with a decent history and self respecting fans would sheer for the lakers.
I just dont remember who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom