• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible D by Noah, great play. :heatbench at people saying Wade should have gotten the shot, he's the Homeless's Man LeBron and shouldn't get touches with LeBron in the game.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I fully expect Portland to lose on Tuesday now. Back-to-back on the road and the Heat have lost four in a row? Greeeeat.

punkypine

Those were some weakass calls on the free throw attempts

but LOL this is becoming a big joke on the last second plays. Stop dribbling it around for 12 seconds before the play stars retards hahaha

dream

Sho_Nuff82 said:
See? See!?!?

Did anyone predict this Heat team wouldn't win 60 games at the beginning of the year?

“Sorry if everyone thought we were going to go 82-0,” a smirking Wade said. “It just ain’t happening.

MiamiWesker said:
It was Lebron who screwed that up, Wade had a desperate last shot to clean up his mess. WADE NEEDS THE BALL IN HIS HAND FOR THE FINAL PLAY.

Looked like Wade had a damn good look.

Ahh good times. Now I wont be nearly as upset watching the Spurs cut our balls off.

Noah deserves all the credit on defense there. He didn't let Lebron get the step on him and made the shot attempt about as difficult as possible.

Dat 8-2, M.O.B. Where you at!? Remember when I said 6-4 would be a success? Maybe I should have said 4-6.

Tom Penny

Ninja Scooter said:
Lebron should have stutter stepped and pulled up for a jumper. I don't understand why so many players, when they get a switch and a mismatch with a bigger guy, always just want to try and blow by him and get to the rim.

Because Bron and Wade hear a whistle over half the time they do it.

Cloudy

Banned
Miami will still beat Chicago in a series IMO. 3 close wins and Bron didn't play in one while Bosh went 1-18 in another. Also 2 of the 3 were in Chicago IIRC

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
VindicatorZ said:
COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT THAT FUCKING MISSED FREE THROW ASDF FUCK

Do you want me to post a replay of Miller pushing Deng in the back, and Deng tumbling forward into the ground?

Omiee

obijkenobi said:
16 seconds left on the clock? Should we run a set play? Nah, one pick and roll and barrel into a defender and hope to get a call. LMAO

This sums up how bad the heat are at close game situations, its not run a play or what ever its just bosh open 3 or lebron bulldozer move or wade looking for ft's

peterb0y said:
By the way, I don't believe in teams being "clutch" or "unclutch"... People make way too much of results like this- perception isn't always reality.

Sorry but this is not true.

But as I've said before, its more about teams being clutch than players. Its about coaches, plays run, ball movement, and good jumpshooters. When the Spurs have the ball in a clutch situation, for example, I have all the confidence in the world.

reilo

Cloudy said:
Miami will still beat Chicago in a series IMO. 3 close wins and Bron didn't play in one while Bosh went 1-18 in another. Also 2 of the 3 were in Chicago IIRC
Well, that seals it. Maybe next year Miami. Maybe next year.

Let's start a serious discussion.

Was it me or did we look better when Wade was given the ball in the 4th quarter? (minus that last shot)

:(

linsivvi

Tom Penny said:
Word. Miami has been getting screwed all year by the refs.

Well considering how much Stern hates big market teams and the superstars, he has a point.

If he had his way, every team would be like the Bobcats.

Yeah I am pissed. I am trying to be that let's not panic, wait for the playoffs guy... I don think I can do anymore. Feels like Sunday in December, complete fucking misery.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Looked like Wade had a damn good look.

Ahh good times. Now I wont be nearly as upset watching the Spurs cut our balls off.

Pretty much. My Sunday is now complete, just like the last couple lol.

The Heat will finish with a WORSE record than last years Cavs team. You know, that same team that LeBron apologizers claim he had no support from.

Really good defense by Noah on the "mismatch" switch.

I can't believe Wade stayed in bounds to even get a shot off and I have to say it was an ok look but not a great one in the process of having to rush it.

Good win for the Bulls and Rose dominated though he ran out of gas at the end and played sloppy at moments.

Spooks

ipIvY.jpg

"The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south."

NEVER FORGET.

reilo

ph33nix said:

Was it me or did we look better when Wade was given the ball in the 4th quarter? (minus that last shot)

Considering they got down what? 5 or 7 points in the fourth eventhough they had the lead going into the fourth with Wade given the ball? Gonna go say no.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ph33nix said:

LeBron needs to swallow his ego and let Wade be the last shot guy.

I've always said Wade > LeBron in the clutch by far. Been saying it for years. Spotard needs to man the fuck up and tell LeBron to get the FOCK out of Wade's way!

dream

MiamiWesker said:
Yeah I am pissed. I am trying to be that let's not panic, wait for the playoffs guy... I don think I can do anymore. Feels like Sunday in December, complete fucking misery.

Different timeline. :(

PBY

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:

But as I've said before, its more about teams being clutch than players. Its about coaches, plays run, ball movement, and good jumpshooters. When the Spurs have the ball in a clutch situation, for example, I have all the confidence in the world.
Okay, see I would agree with they way you put it- What I meant to say is that I don't buy the "intangibles" argument of "oh this team is bad in the clutch because they choke or because they're mentally weak". I hate when people say Lebron's a choker, even though he shoots his average in clutch situations. He, Kobe, and Wade are no different, but perception clouds reality as people latch onto a few situations and frame whatever they see into the narrative they want to believe. But yeah, a team with good jumpshooting and well run plays, etc will technically be better in the clutch- but not because they're mentally stronger or anything, just because they're BETTER, and as such are better suited for those situations.

The Crimson Blur said:

I know what Peterboy is dying, LeBatard talks about it a lot and I agree. But you make a great point. BTW your team was beautiful to watch on Friday, much respect.

Omiee

heat are horrible at close game situations, i realy dont understand why they have to bulldozer their way to the rim, wade and lebron can shoot pretty well away from the rim, draw a fucking play or give the ball to chalmers.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Nabs said:
I'm so happy Lebron keeps getting the ball. Wade is just too good at the end of games.

Being 0-2 on game winners this year is proof of that, right?

Cloudy said:

I love the qualifying of everything.

I could easily do that with the Bulls in every one of those games but I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom