• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
SephCast said:
Do you want me to post a replay of Miller pushing Deng in the back, and Deng tumbling forward into the ground?

I just would have rather he fucking made the shot, and then we go to OT. in my head i said "watch him miss it and he get the rebound" 1 point fucking loss cause of this.

3 straight last second losses, not including getting destroyed by the spurs. this just fucking sucks right now.

thekad

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Dude, at least try.

I'm being serious. Multiple pages over a loss to a top seed in crunch time due to bad officiating? You'd think the lost to the Cavs or something.

Luckily, no top seed has suffered from that.

I really have to call all of your attention to the fact that the Heat team, with LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will likely finish with a WORSE record than last years Cleveland Cavaliers! I just can't get over how sweet that is.

LovingSteam said:
I really have to call all of your attention to the fact that the Heat team, with LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will likely finish with a WORSE record than last years Cleveland Cavaliers! I just can't get over how sweet that is.

Woohooo cocktail time!! I'm carrying this feeling all day baby. Kobe could die on the court and the gravity of the situation won't hit me till at least Tuesday.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
LovingSteam said:

Regular season record doesn't mean jack shit.

thekad said:
I'm being serious. Multiple pages over a loss to a top seed in crunch time due to bad officiating? You'd think the lost to the Cavs or something.

Luckily, no top seed has suffered from that.

Really man? People aren't laughing because this is just one game that the Heat lost at the last second to a top team. We're laughing because its emblematic of this team and LeBron led teams in general. I get that you jumped on the Bron/Heat wagon to offset your disdain for all things Kobe, I get that, but seriously this is some hilarious stuff.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LovingSteam said:
Not just worse, but 10+ games worse.

Cerrius said:

LOL, what? It sure as hell does when LeBron apologizers continued saying he never had any help in Cleveland. He goes to Miami and joins Wade and Bosh and the team finishes with a WORSE record than the team he supposedly had no help from? I am sure that when the Heat get eliminated this year the same thing will happen. People will blame it on Bron not having enough help.

PBY

Banned
h3ro said:
Yeah, in the Playoffs, it's all about coming through in pressure filled situations...
sigh.... I get the argument about the game slowing down, rebounding, and bench play hurting us the playoffs- but are you seriously going to say that "pressure" is whats gonna get us? These last second losses are brutal but I honestly think that they're more symptomatic of whats wrong with our offense, x's and o's, etc instead of our teams ability to stand up to pressure. Seriously, you think Bron and Wade are affected by pressure? No chance.

Omiee

Cerrius said:

Are you serious, that means a lot if you have homecourt or not.

peterb0y said:
sigh.... I get the argument about the game slowing down, rebounding, and bench play hurting us the playoffs- but are you seriously going to say that "pressure" is whats gonna get us? These last second losses are brutal but I honestly think that they're more symptomatic of whats wrong with our offense, x's and o's, etc instead of our teams ability to stand up to pressure. Seriously, you think Bron and Wade are affected by pressure? No chance.

its not just about that, its about wade and lebron's ego, and them not drawing any plays in end game situations.
Also your bench is horrible that will affect you to come playoff time.

Malleymal said:
wtf ... shoot earlier and give yourself another chance.. shit

This shit REALLY is a strong indicator of coaching. Either Spoelstra doesn't know basic basketball concepts or his voice isn't being heard. Either way it's awful.

LovingSteam said:
LOL, what? It sure as hell does when LeBron apologizers continued saying he never had any help in Cleveland. He goes to Miami and joins Wade and Bosh and the team finishes with a WORSE record than the team he supposedly had no help from? I am sure that when the Heat get eliminated this year the same thing will happen. People will blame it on Bron not having enough help.

They could still win the title this year. Who the hell knows? People are deciding the playoffs way too early. It doesn't look good right now, I'll admit that, but I think it's pointless to compare a good Cleveland team from last year, to a new team still figuring themselves out. The potential is there for this team to be great, it will take time.

Bynum looks active. Playing well.

peterb0y said:
Okay, see I would agree with they way you put it- What I meant to say is that I don't buy the "intangibles" argument of "oh this team is bad in the clutch because they choke or because they're mentally weak". I hate when people say Lebron's a choker, even though he shoots his average in clutch situations. He, Kobe, and Wade are no different, but perception clouds reality as people latch onto a few situations and frame whatever they see into the narrative they want to believe. But yeah, a team with good jumpshooting and well run plays, etc will technically be better in the clutch- but not because they're mentally stronger or anything, just because they're BETTER, and as such are better suited for those situations.

I disagree but I'll say that its really hard to say purely on results. A guy missing a shot doesn't mean he got nervous. A guy missing 5 clutch shots in a row doesn't mean that either. Now, he may have got nervous but there is no way to tell.

But there is something to be said for the mental aspect of the game. The players are human too. They choke. They get nervous. They defer under pressure. Its a very real component of the game, and there is no use downplaying it.

Flash

Cerrius said:

but lebron has never had success in the post season. and let's not even talk about bosh who shriveled up during the post season in the presence of MIKKI MOORE. wade is the only one who's had success and its unanimously agreed that it was thanks to being bailed out by the refs

the heat are going to have a lot of trouble against the bulls or celtics, thats for sure. both of them have excellent team defense, and in a 7 game series where it really comes down to match ups and adjustments, i think both the celts and bulls have a huge advantage over the heat.

Omiee

LovingSteam said:
Not for this Heat team it doesn't lol.

i totally forgot, the heat could have home court advantage and still not have it in a way.

Anyhow back to main event time, realy nice rebounding so far and ball movement.
Def just another game for the spurs but a statement game for us.

peterb0y said:

Exactly. problem is that it's March and I have not seen one sign that we are fixing those Xs and Os problems. Wade and Lebron dont play together, it's like they might as well be playing only when the other is on the bench.

Omiee

MiamiWesker said:
Exactly. problem is that it's March and I have not seen one sign that we are fixing those Xs and Os problems. Wade and Lebron dont play together, it's like they might as well be playing only when the other is on the bench.

people tend to say lebron is not clutch or wade is not but its def about things you guys do not improve on.
Drawing plays is one and developing your bench.

dabig2

Bulls choked in the last 2 minutes but the Heat didn't want it. And I can't believe that was their last "drawn-up" play.

LovingSteam said:

So you think a regular season record matters because "LeBron apologizers continued saying he never had any help in Cleveland" instead of the fact that the Cavs had the first seed and it didn't matter.

Ok.

I'll let the regular season party fanboys have their party though. I got me some dankass weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Omiee

dabig2 said:
Bulls choked in the last 2 minutes but the Heat didn't want it. And I can't believe that was their last "drawn-up" play.

they got the win even though turning the ball over way to much and boozer playing horrible.

Come on guard that 3 point line.

That last shot Wade took was off a broken play and he was nearly behind the backboard. That's nothing close to starting with the ball and having an opportunity to get to your sweet spots like Lebron has so many times.

It makes no sense that Wade hasn't been given a chance to take the final shot. After all he's the one with the championship ring and Finals MVP... What kind of mental hold does Lebron have on those people?

In a half-court situation, Wade has more versatile than Lebron. Lebron either just barrels in or takes a step-back jumper. When Wade isn't foul fishing, he's able to slice through compacted defenses and get to more spots on the floor.

I'm putting the blame on Wade though because by now he should be DEMANDING to take the final shot. It's his team. But it seems Wade sees Lebron as an idol or something and he won't assert himself.

PBY

Banned
dabig2 said:
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? I can't tell after the discussion about intangibles thats going on above..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom