• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
punkypine said:
The bulls dont actually suck, they just arent living up to the coach of the year/MVP/best record hype. they're playing pretty average

How is 3-0 playing average? People beg for close playoff games, they get 'em and its not enough.

Tom Penny

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol the bulls go up 3-0 and people are still saying they suck? you can say the pacers are horrible but they really aren't. they've been ok since their new coach took over and they actually have good players. any team can play a good or bad stretch of basketball, and you are seeing the pacers play their best ball of the year and the bulls playing some of their worst ball and the bulls are still coming out on top.

Yeah ok. Are you going to try to convince people the Knicks are a good team too?

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
dream said:
Lebron stumbling and falling all over the place as he throws a desperation pass to Wade is "spectacular?"
World class hating right here.

punkypine said:
The bulls dont actually suck, they just arent living up to the coach of the year/MVP/best record hype. they're playing pretty average

and if i was a bulls fan, i wouldnt be happy with it...

i would call myself a fan of the bulls (not a diehard like the niners, but i want the bulls to win a championship over any other team in the playoffs) and this is actually the best possible scenario for them. they get hit in the mouth in an early round and now they really get tested so they are ready for the celtics or magic or heat or whoever

vZDLT.gif

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
No no no, everyone predicted the two-time defending champion Lakers would sweep the David West-less Hornets.

But now, they are "far superior" to a team.

It doesn't get any better than this.

The Hornets are far superior to the Pacers. That is a fact. The Hornets won more games, in a tougher conference, while playing better basketball than the Pacers. None of that means the Lakers shouldn't be beating them into submission--FUCKING PAU--but the Pacers are most definitely a worse team. And the trouble Chicago has with Indiana points to some real serious issues. Who the hell on that team is going to score against great or even good defensive units? How are they going to defend the post against length? What are they going to do when they play a team with more than one offensive option and a real coach? The LA/NO series right now comes down to the fact that Chris Paul is the best PG alive and Pau Gasol is playing like garbage (FUCKING PAU). Other than that, structurally, everything is par for the course.

SamuraiX-

giga said:
I like the Bulls but the LLLs have made it hard for me to root for them.

Like I said, even the Heat fans have been more tame since the Playoffs started.

Bulls fans are really starting to embarrass themselves.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The Pacers could be but I can't figure out why.

Not sure.

Granger was lights out but his other teammates showed they aren't ready for the bigtime.

Granger did everything he could, I respect him more than ever after this series.

I wouldn't say I thought he was necessarily an empty stats guy but I didn't know he'd be this much of a pain with all this pressure.

I can't figure out how the bobcats always give the Lakers problems either, but they always do.

Chicago's problem has been offense in this series. For some reason, guys other than Deng and Rose (at times) can't seem to get good looks.

Maybe teams playing as hard as they do will expose them (ala Cavs) or maybe it's just this team. probably a bit of both going on.

If Orlando beats Atlanta, I think they can take Chicago out.

The Celtics struggled vs a weak Atlanta when they won their title.Cavs rolled to 8-0 2 years ago and were nearly swept in the ECF. Same for Orlando last season.

What matters are Ws.

punkypine

Could some superstar shoot his driver, go to prison, or start a dog fighting ring so that no team wants him and the sixers can trade iguadola for him? okay thanks

The Frankman said:
What foul was there? Philly will never win.

Wait wasn't Lou Williams out of bounds by then? WOW.

This is exactly why I don't like the Heat. I have nightmare of the 2006 Finals with just Wade getting phantom fouls.. Now they have Wade AND Lbj? Oh god.

Black Mamba said:
If Orlando beats Atlanta, I think they can take Chicago out.

I highly doubt that, Orlando lives on the threepoint line and the Bulls are one of the best at defending that.

Howard will get his but he won't beat the Bulls by himself(he can't) and the Bulls have a lot of bigs to defend him.

Awesome possession by bron there.

Philly taking a lot o tough shots. Well, until Lou did that.

I highly doubt that, Orlando lives on the threepoint line and the Bulls are one of the best at defending that.

I just think it's a matchup issue. Chicago is still the fave to me, but I think Orlando has a legit shot.

SamuraiX- said:

Like I said, even the Heat fans have been more tame since the Playoffs started.

Bulls fans are really starting to embarrass themselves.

There's no reason to be embarrassed. No matter what stats fantasy nerds want to throw out, 3-0 is 3-0. Yeah I wish they'd play better but as long as they win why should we be angry?

Meanwhile the favorite to win the east is also fighting for their life against an equally bad team, arguably worse if Amare and Chauncey aren't playing.

SamuraiX-

Ickman3400 said:
There's no reason to be embarrassed. No matter what stats fantasy nerds want to throw out, 3-0 is 3-0. Yeah I wish they'd play better but as long as they win why should we be angry?

Meanwhile the favorite to win the east is also fighting for their life against an equally bad team, arguably worse if Amare and Chauncey aren't playing.

What's to be embarrassed about? How about all the shit talking revolving around how the Bulls were gonna blow the Pacers out of the fucking water before the Playoffs started and not even being able to beat them by double digits in any of the three games?

And SMFH @ Boston being the "favorite" to win the East.

Go back to lurking, junior.

punkypine

Ickman3400 said:

The "fantasy nerd" comment makes you sound like a fucking retard. I hope you're aware of this. I know you think you're cool, and you probably have a posse and possibly a ricer, but you're on an internet forum for games. Read that again, reassess your life, and realize that shooting percentage isnt exactly complicated math.

Ickman3400 said:

The Heat aren't playing the Knicks.

Anyway I am glad this game is actually interesting.

Pkaz01

Ickman3400 said:
You are arguing that the knicks and pacers are on the same level?

seriously you better hope the bulls dont match up with the knicks if thats your mentality your gonna be in for a surprise. If TB is killing boozer, Amare will completely dominate that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom