• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

Gigglepoo said:
Real fans recognize that the Bulls would be blown out of the water by a good team.
The Bulls have not looks impressive this series, which is weird because I've seen them play lights out many times this season against the elite teams. Get those jitters/whatever out of your system in the first round!

punkypine

If you want a derrick rose circle jerk after he went 4-18, then go to a Bulls forum. Is this a joke? people getting irritated because people calling out a guy who played an awful game?

giga

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Any team can win on any given night.
David-Kahn.jpg

"That's the spirit!"

Seda

And no one seems to care that the Heat team that is going to "blow out the Bulls" has been losing for pretty much the entire game.

The Stealth Fox

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Real fans would realize that every team struggles with inferior opponents for whatever reason and can then bring it to the best of the best.

The playoffs have been relatively close, that's not an accident, it's the NBA.

Any team can win on any given night.

This isn't the NFL, where it's any given Sunday. Good teams consistently dominate bad teams in the NBA playoffs.

Why didn't the Bulls dominate the Pacers?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
punkypine said:
If you want a derrick rose circle jerk after he went 4-18, then go to a Bulls forum. Is this a joke? people getting irritated because people calling out a guy who played an awful game?

Agree.

Gigglepoo said:
We'll see. I think this series proves the Bulls overachieved during the regular season, when most good teams don't care.

The "don't-care" convenient card!!!!!!!!

The best teams seemed to care when they played this Bulls this year.

Of course the playoffs is a different animal but this silliness is even silly when Lakers' fans use it.

Seda said:
And no one seems to care that the Heat team that is going to "blow out the Bulls" has been losing for pretty much the entire game.

No one seems to care that the all mighty Celtics have a brutal time against Gunner and the D leaguers.

The Stealth Fox said:
This isn't the NFL, where it's any given Sunday. Good teams consistently dominate bad teams in the NBA playoffs.

Why didn't the Bulls dominate the Pacers?

Why didn't the Lakers dominate the Hornets???

Why didn't the Spurs dominate the Grizzlies???

Why don't you qualify all those next???

Gigglepoo said:
We'll see. I think this series proves the Bulls overachieved during the regular season, when most good teams don't care. There's no use arguing about this now -- we'll find out how good the Bulls are when they play a legitimate team.

I think it's a combination of things. Pacers being a better team than anticipated and the Bulls not playing at their normal rate.

Rose fans are truly the new LeBron apologists.

It's really fascinating.

Was his layup clutch? Absolutely.

Was 4/18 something to be hyped about? Well, the posts here seem to say so.

The Stealth Fox

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

1 game isn't a sample size. The Lakers pulled away and put them to bed late in the game. Sure you'll get a game where the worse team steals one because they caught the better team asleep, but unless you are willing to admit that the Bulls fell asleep...

The Bulls can't do anything against the worst team in the playoffs. It's been 3 games.

SephCast said:

The obsession with him is hilarious though, every shot and play picked apart with bias:D

But then again, these are the same people that applauded Chris Paul the other night who had a far better 99% of the game against the Lakers yet didn't do anything when it mattered most(he overpassed the whole game, a TRUE point guard!!!!!!).

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Did you just compare Western Conference playoff teams to the 37 win Pacers?

Seda said:

The Heat never lose to scrub teams.

Philly is a scrub team.

The Sixers are obliviously driving down a freeway that ends in about 5 miles.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

The Lakers are frauds and the Spurs were missing their second best player in Game 1.

We'll see what the Bulls are in the semis.

I'm not impressed at all at the moment. I had them as the 1st or the 2nd candidate to make it out of the East before the Playoffs started.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:

The Lakers don't have the MVP, the Spurs don't have the MVP. Wait, The Bull doesn't really have the MVP either, i apologize. I won't pick on them anymore.

Indiana could just be a matchup problem for Chicago. Those things happen, even when one team is much better than the other.

Bosh has been awful tonight.

punkypine

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

well for one, both of those teams are far superior to the pacers.

Secondly, you have people picking the grizzlies to win and the hornets have a huge hype train. And those teams have won titles...

The bulls are being crowned, havent even gotten out of the first round in forever, and now when they finally will, they are having a tough time with an awful team.

The Heat get tons of shit, both from NBA GAF and from the media.

The Stealth Fox said:
1 game isn't a sample size. The Lakers pulled away and put them to bed late in the game.

The Bulls can't do anything against the worst team in the playoffs.

They just win games, it's really a lousy team and franchise.

Rose trolled most of you on that last play if he was reading this thread.

Too big, too fast, too strong, TOO................FUNNY.

LOL, some of you need to power down your pc/laptop/smartphone and go take a long walk outside, it is just a game. Whether D Rose sucks or not, those of you getting all pissy like he killed your mom and dad need to remember, it is just a game.

Black Mamba said:
Indiana could just be a matchup problem for Chicago. Those things happen, even when one team is much better than the other.

If you're talking about the power forward spot then Chicago has a matchup issue with every team in the league.

punkypine said:
well for one, both of those teams are far superior to the pacers.

No no no, everyone predicted the two-time defending champion Lakers would sweep the David West-less Hornets.

But now, they are "far superior" to a team.

It doesn't get any better than this.

punkypine

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
No no no, everyone predicted the two-time defending champion Lakers would sweep the David West-less Hornets.

But now, they are "far superior" to a team.

It doesn't get any better than this.
the pacers won 37 games in the eastern conference... the hornets still blow, but could probably dominate the pacers.

And once the two-time-defending-champion bulls have trouble in a series, maybe they will have a little benefit of the doubt.

Black Mamba said:

Yeah I think this too.

Only a few teams this year really got to the Bulls and the Pacers are one of them.

lol the bulls go up 3-0 and people are still saying they suck? you can say the pacers are horrible but they really aren't. they've been ok since their new coach took over and they actually have good players. any team can play a good or bad stretch of basketball, and you are seeing the pacers play their best ball of the year and the bulls playing some of their worst ball and the bulls are still coming out on top.

Black Mamba said:

The Pacers could be but I can't figure out why.

Not sure.

Granger was lights out but his other teammates showed they aren't ready for the bigtime.

Granger did everything he could, I respect him more than ever after this series.

I wouldn't say I thought he was necessarily an empty stats guy but I didn't know he'd be this much of a pain with all this pressure.

punkypine

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol the bulls go up 3-0 and people are still saying they suck? you can say the pacers are horrible but they really aren't. they've been ok since their new coach took over and they actually have good players. any team can play a good or bad stretch of basketball, and you are seeing the pacers play their best ball of the year and the bulls playing some of their worst ball and the bulls are still coming out on top.
The bulls dont actually suck, they just arent living up to the coach of the year/MVP/best record hype. they're playing pretty average

and if i was a bulls fan, i wouldnt be happy with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom