• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

If somebody asked who has the highest plus/minus in this Game, nobody would have thought Joel Anthony would have a +20. O_O

EDIT: And if you believe in the plus/minus, also see Biz Z has -14 despite 10 pts and 8 rebs....

Pkaz01

Pkaz01 said:
eww blazers vs mavs game doesn't start until the end of this one? So we pretty much have to watch the sixers fight all game then get screwed over/fail in the fourth and get frustrated?
like clockwork

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, man, I like Rose. I really do. Always have.

But he hasn't been looking like the MVP at all and that's disappointing. Not to mention all the superstar calls he's starting to get, leading to him averaging 15 FTA per game.

And the fact that so many Bulls LLLs who I've never seen before have shown up in the past week, fellating the shit out of him despite his poor and disappointing performances hasn't helped either.

Yeah, that's why I didn't trash you completely like the others.

You haven't been contrived or anti-Rose much at all, more paiseworthy actually when others have tried too hard.

I just wish we'd talk about the team and not one player.

He's human and if it weren't for him, the Bulls would be down 2-1.

The Bulls whole team isn't doing their job until they really have to and that barely is getting it done against the Pacers, they'll lose in 5 games or less to the Celtics and Heat playing this way.

The M.O.B said:
If somebody asked who has the highest plus/minus in this Game, nobody would have though Joel Anthony would have a +16. O_O
joel2.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SamuraiX- said:
Hey, man, I like Rose. I really do. Always have.

But he hasn't been looking like the MVP at all and that's disappointing. Not to mention all the superstar calls he's starting to get, leading to him averaging 15 FTA per game.

And the fact that so many Bulls LLLs who I've never seen before have shown up in the past week, fellating the shit out of him despite his poor and disappointing performances hasn't helped either.
Who are these Bulls LLLs you talk about? Yeah, there are a few, but it's inevitable. Let's be real folks, the vast majority of NBA-GAF is nothing but fans of consistently winning teams (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Thunder, Knicks [not constantly winning, but it's a NY team, and thus, a huge population], and now Bulls).

It's NBA-GAF.

The M.O.B said:
If somebody asked who has the highest plus/minus in this Game, nobody would have thought Joel Anthony would have a +18. O_O

EDIT: And if you believe in the plus/minus, also see Biz Z has -14 despite 10 pts and 8 rebs....

MVP

SoulPlaya said:
What trash were the Bulls fans talking before this series? All I can remember is when Gigglepoo said that the Pacers would win the series, and some Bulls fans (including me) doubted that. I remember other people doubting him too.

In the end, and like I've been saying for a while, people who saw the earlier Bulls/Pacers game in Indiana during the regular season should know that this Pacers team can beat the Bulls. They play great defense on Rose, have mismatch problems for Boozer, and play tough (and a bit dirty) enough to scramble the Bulls offense.

It's tough basketball, but all this shitting on Rose is really childish. He had a bad game tonight, and they won. That's it.

Pretty much every bulls fan was saying their expectations for this post-season weren't too high. They aren't playing great but guess what? 3-0 lead aint too fucking shabby

cuevas said:
Pretty much every bulls fan was saying their expectations for this post-season weren't too high. They aren't playing great but guess what? 3-0 lead aint too fucking shabby

I don't recall a single fan saying the Bulls would make it to the championship for sure.

I said if they don't make it to the Eastern Conference Finals(just make it), then it'd be a failure with the talent they have.

People thought THAT was boasting because Rose(it's a T-E-A-M, people) hadn't won a playoff game before.

Thibs would laugh at the notion they aren't ready to win.

Bread

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
It's tough basketball, but all this shitting on Rose is really childish. He had a bad game tonight, and they won. That's it.
I think it's more childish that you think Rose's bad performances should be ignored because he might be the MVP. He deserves to be shit on after playing how he has played lately. If Lebron or Dwight were playing as badly as Rose, they would be getting shit on too.

Blackface

Banned
Even though that went in, it was a dumb decision by Wade. He passed to Lebron who had three players looking at him. When Bosh was on the other side, BEHIND those players looking straight at Lebron.

Wade does it all the time, but never gets called out for it. Just like when he gambles for a steal or block and it turns into two points for the other team.

Seda

SoulPlaya said:
Who are these Bulls LLLs you talk about?

I don't really post much in these threads, but I follow the Chicago teams pretty much religiously. I just don't post a whole lot.

I don't think I've ever posted in the MLB thread.

Zep

Banned
Blackface said:
Even though that went in, it was a dumb decision by Wade. He passed to Lebron who had three players looking at him. When Bosh was on the other side, BEHIND those players looking straight at Lebron.

THey just showed the replay...there was NOBODY around Lebron because Bosh was screening him for an easy bucket. That was the easiest two points lebron scored tonight.

Seda said:
I don't really post much in these threads, but I follow the Chicago teams pretty much religiously. I just don't post a whole lot.

I don't think I've ever posted in the MLB thread.

I saw you had Cubs in there.

Unlike how you hate everything, I will try not to hate you for THAT.

Blackface

Banned
Zep said:
THey just showed the replay...there was NOBODY around Lebron because Bosh was screening him for an easy bucket. That was the easiest two points lebron scored tonight.

Someone .gif this so I can point out what people look like for ZEP.

The Stealth Fox

SamuraiX- said:
He's still more clutch than LeBron.

That alone warrants him the award seeing as how LeBron has two already.

I guess, but should the MVP be allowed to shoot so... average?

When I get time, I'm going to look up the field goal percentages of the last 10 MVPs. Even the illegitimate ones that were given (such as Kobe's, not trolling here, CP3 deserved the MVP that year), the winner still had some kind of cumulative performance to back it up.

The M.O.B said:
If only Phili had a go to guy...........and Iggy just ain't that dude.

They say every team needs a star and maybe some of these teams like the 76ers and Nuggets are proving that to be true.

I thought the Nuggets had enough to win with though.

punkypine

Blackface said:

Wade does it all the time, but never gets called out for it. Just like when he gambles for a steal or block and it turns into two points for the other team.
I don't know about that play, but wade makes alot of horrible decisions every game. He's lucky that he's got so much talent to cover it up most of the time

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Missed much of the game but I see the Heat is pulling(or will pull) away late.

Phily just can't keep up. Worst possible matchup for the Sixers. I wish we had a Knicks/Heat series :/

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Stealth Fox said:
Rose has never been MVP worthy. This series merely validates that notion.
I realize you're just trollin' at this point, but a playoff series shouldn't validate whether a regular season MVP deserves it or not. Dirk, LeBron, Nash all won MVP and lost in the playoffs.

The Stealth Fox said:
I guess, but should the MVP be allowed to shoot so... average?

How can someone win it and not have a post game, fumble the ball while dribbling, and isn't there when his team is down?

everyone has holes but Rose was MVP good during the season.

Gigglepoo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol the bulls go up 3-0 and people are still saying they suck? you can say the pacers are horrible but they really aren't. they've been ok since their new coach took over and they actually have good players. any team can play a good or bad stretch of basketball, and you are seeing the pacers play their best ball of the year and the bulls playing some of their worst ball and the bulls are still coming out on top.

The Pacers aren't playing good basketball, that's the point. They have played much better than this throughout the season, even in defeats, which is why its crazy that they're going toe-to-toe with the Bulls now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom