• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
Sol.. said:
Well He certainly isn't at the top in both True Shooting percentage or effective shooting (Billups and Lawson respectively)
Then Billups will start chucking up retarded 3's. Paul shot selection is 100 times better, even if too conservative a lot of the time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PHILADELPHIA -- After the first weekend of the playoffs included several officiating issues, NBA commissioner David Stern said he envisions the league going to an NFL-style replay system to reduce controversies in the future.
"Rather than having a Talmudic discussion between the referees [on replays] you might have one person whose job it is to keep the earphones on and always watch. And you might let a coach drop the flag in the last two minutes."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6405846

giri

dream said:
I really wish everyone was as classy and helpful as Celtic fans are.
If only the celtics were as classy as their fans.

Also, if this whole deron v cp3 thing is about who'd be better in the triangle, it's deron. Deron can act like a SG which is important in the triangle, CP3 can't.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
dIEHARD said:
Then Billups will start chucking up retarded 3's. Paul shot selection is 100 times better, even if too conservative a lot of the time.

Even with Billups retarded shot selection he's still statistically more effective than rose when it comes to jump shooting. He's actually neck in neck with Paul too. I guess if you chuck enough threes and enough of em go in..you can keep your efficiency rates up.

Still neither of em touch Curry.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That last ditch attempt by Granger was just terrible basketball, not sure if it was drawn up or Granger fucked up by being so deliberate.

He had a great game but the Bulls are arguably the best defensive team in basketball and haven't shown it this series that much but for one play, an obvious threepoint attempt???

When down by only 2???

That's fooling no one.

But yeah, you are talking about the defense on Rose, just led me to think about the Pacers last chance as far as the coach is concerned as well.
Actually i think the bulls have been playing good D, you're just getting exposed at PF, a spot which, as long as boozer is there, you will continue too.

There is no way Hanbrough should be a big factor in a play off series.

reilo

Celtics fans are "classy"?

The same Celtics fans that broke into Bill Russell's home, covered his house in racist graffiti, destroyed his trophies, and left some doo-doo in his bed? Those same fans?

charsace

dIEHARD said:
I was actually thinking Curry. Strangely enough if you go off pure stats Luke Ridnour is the best.
I have Curry 3rd on my shooting pg lists. Nash and Paul are in their own class because both guys hit some off balance shots with a consistency that no one else in the league seems to have.

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
I have Curry 3rd on my shooting pg lists. Nash and Paul are in their own class because both guys hit some off balance shots with a consistency that no one else in the league seems to have.
Paul can hit floaters and shots like that extremely well, but i actually think he is average on shots that are not a set shot.

Sanjuro

My thoughts currently on Knicks,

If I had to target one guy on that team who didn't give a fuck about the team outcome, it would be Melo. "I'm young. Got plenty of years left in me, next year will be better, etc...". Didn't have a great game one and who cares? That was negated in game two. Amare goes down with some foolish injury he obtained from fucking around in the pre-game. Melo could have used the excuse he had nobody else or reverted back to the original mindset I just mentioned, but the guy came out ballin'. Funny enough, that probably best fits Amare.

Carmelo is a little punk, cheap-artist thug. Guy so far this series has been fitting that title. In my opinion though that is exactly what he should be. He doesn't go around parading himself to be some sort of clown like LeBron and Kobe do. Worst thing you can pinpoint on him is he smiles as he takes on the other team head-on.

Summary, I like his style.

reilo

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

If I had to target one guy on that team who didn't give a fuck about the team outcome, it would be him. "I'm young. Got plenty of years left in me, next year will be better, etc...". Didn't have a great game one and who cares? That was negated in game two. Amare goes down with some foolish injury he obtained from fucking around in the pre-game. Melo could have used the excuse he had nobody else or reverted back to the original mindset I just mentioned, but the guy came out ballin'. Funny enough, that probably best fits Amare.

Carmelo is a little punk, cheap-artist thug. Guy so far this series has been fitting that title. In my opinion though that is exactly what he should be. He doesn't go around parading himself to be some sort of clown like LeBron and Kobe do. Worst thing you can pinpoint on him is he smiles as he takes on the other team head-on.

I'm really having a hard time figuring out who you're talking about. Who's "him"?

thekad said:
Curry is a better shooter. Brooks before he went into reverse contract year mode was also a better shooter.

brooks?
KuGsj.gif

What delusional world is this?

I'm really having a hard time figuring out who you're talking about. Who's "him"?

Melo, though it took me a second reading to figure it out.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
brooks?
KuGsj.gif

What delusional world is this?
Brooks shot 40% from three in 2010 on 6.5FGA. The year before, Ray Allen shot 41% from three on 6.2FGA. Brooks made the most three pointers in the league that year.

Perhaps, the best way to describe Brooks is that he was a great three-point shooter.

Sanjuro

reilo said:
Celtics fans are "classy"?

The same Celtics fans that broke into Bill Russell's home, covered his house in racist graffiti, destroyed his trophies, and left some doo-doo in his bed? Those same fans?
Using a specific time period isn't really great when talking about various discrimination issues. Not proud of that part of the history when you read about it, but it is a serious wake up call for the twats that go around throwing expletives related to these issues like they are some catch phrase.

Either way, there are far more racist cities currently than Boston has been.

Yeah, I wrote the previous on my phone. Didn't edit the way I wanted it to.

reilo said:
Brooks shot 40% from three in 2010 on 6.5FGA. The year before, Ray Allen shot 41% from three on 6.2FGA. Brooks made the most three pointers in the league that year.

Perhaps, the best way to describe Brooks is that he was a great three-point shooter.

He had one good year, all we know is it could be a fluke. And they were mostly spot up shots.

compare that to Paul who shoots the 3 ball just as well and many more off the dribble as a percentage of his attempts.

Furthermore, 3 pointer is not the only long range shot. Brooks compared to CP3 10 feet out is not even remotely close and again, Paul takes more off the dribble.

Wish I could look at just spot up %.

If someone wants to say Brooks is a better spot up 3pt shooter based on one season, whatever. But he has not proven himself to be anything close to the overall shooter Paul is nor does he look like one. Curry definitely has.

reilo

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Also, was Roy getting complete work done on both of his knees in the offseason?
He had both of his knees operated on in January, to clean out debris. His last surgery before then was his mensicus tear he suffered before the 2010 playoffs after Retard Strength Ron stepped on his foot. Before then, his last surgery was another mensicus surgery on the opposite knee in summer 2008.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
He had one good year, all we know is it could be a fluke. And they were mostly spot up shots.

compare that to Paul who shoots the 3 ball just as well and many more off the dribble as a percentage of his attempts.

Furthermore, 3 pointer is not the only long range shot. Brooks compared to CP3 10 feet out is not even remotely close and again, Paul takes more off the dribble.

Wish I could look at just spot up %.

If someone wants to say Brooks is a better spot up 3pt shooter based on one season, whatever. But he has not proven himself to be anything close to the overall shooter Paul is nor does he look like one. Curry definitely has.
I think you're reading too much into it:
Brooks before he went into reverse contract year mode

dream

Holy, Sportscenter keeps cutting in live to MSG as we anxiously await updates on Amare and whether he'll keep being a drama queen play or not.

Doomsayer

So they upgraded Fosters fouls to flagrants? That is some bullshit, looks like Rose is the new LeBron.

One was an incidental forearm and the other was a good hard foul. Fuck you, NBA.

reilo

Doomsayer said:
So they upgraded Fosters fouls to flagrants? That is some bullshit, looks like Rose is the new LeBron.

One was an incidental forearm and the other was a good hard foul. Fuck you, NBA.
Pretty sure Foster is a repeat offender. He's in the Juwan Howard/Eduardo Najera camp of washed up big men that commit hard fouls.

Doomsayer

reilo said:
Pretty sure Foster is a repeat offender. He's in the Juwan Howard/Eduardo Najera camp of washed up big men that commit hard fouls.

It's the fucking playoffs though. No one was hurt, and Foster isn't even getting suspended.

So what was the point? For the NBA to flex their power?

exarkun

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

If I had to target one guy on that team who didn't give a fuck about the team outcome, it would be Melo. "I'm young. Got plenty of years left in me, next year will be better, etc...". Didn't have a great game one and who cares? That was negated in game two. Amare goes down with some foolish injury he obtained from fucking around in the pre-game. Melo could have used the excuse he had nobody else or reverted back to the original mindset I just mentioned, but the guy came out ballin'. Funny enough, that probably best fits Amare.

I agree, love the dudessss style. Don't snitch!

I also like JJ Redick's game and I'm hoping he can get a starting position soon.

Who can argue with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeecfbJIQFw&feature=related#t=2m22s

Dude basically just robs teammates for making junk shots. Gotdamn, just hustlin while on dat bench.

thekad said:
Huh?

also, lol @ 40% 3PT shooting with over 500 attempts being a fluke

Wow, 1 example sure destroys the argument!

He was assisted on 70% of his 3s. Those are almost always spot up shots when it comes to the 3.

And I'm not calling it a fluke, but you can't deny it still is in play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3332/career;_ylt=AkzM0UE035452ROgzP_y.I1cPKB4

2 seasons at 38/39, nothing else close.

Either way, he ain't the shooter Cp3 is. Go look at him from 10+ feet out. Not even close. And CP3 does a lot more of it off the dribble.

No Billups? STAT slowed down by injury? Walker and Turiaf nicked up? WHO CARES? It's time for the debut of Friday Night Playoff Knicks!!

fridaynightknicksmini.jpg

Friday Night Knicks vid

Don't mind riding the bus,
Don't mind taking the train,
Don't mind wearing walking shoes running to the game,
Knicks on Friday Night,
M-S-G is the place to be,
Whatever it takes to make it there I'll do it all again... (HEEYYYYYY)

I gotta GET THERE...
as fast as I can! (eyyy)
I gotta get there...
Friday Night Knicks I'm a fan!
I gotta get there...
Please understand,
We're talking Friday Night Knicks on MSG
You got a front row seat,
I do it just to get there!!!

fnk-dl-440x244.jpg

reilo

Pkaz01 said:
have friday night knicks ever even won?
Let's see...

@BOS (L), WAS (W), @MIN (L), @GSW (W), @NOH (W), @WAS (W), MIA (L), @PHO (W), SAC (L), @SAS (L), @PHI (L), LAL (L), @CLE (L), CLE (L), @DET (L), MIL (L), @NJN (W),

Pkaz01

Really acura? The official vehicle of the movie Thor? Do they really think anyone is going to buy the car just cause it is?

reilo said:
Let's see...
Yea thats what I thought like for the last couple months of the season everytime a friday night knicks post would come up it was followed by a knicks loss.

Foster's a thug(just an incredibly awkward one), they were both flagrant fouls, he's been doing it all series.

He can't play a lick of basketball though so basically, that's his role.

Rose has been wacked in the head or face probably more times in this series than any other player.

I don't care really as it's not going to bother him but to say a few of the Pacers players don't know what they are doing is being foolish, everyone with a brain knows they are trying to rough up Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom