• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SamuraiX- said:
Matthews was extremely consistent with those types of games early in the season when he got the start at the 2/3 when Roy went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see another performance like that from him (not with all four of his 3s coming in the 1st quarter of course).

Roy, on the other hand, I would only expect to see a similar performance from him in this series in Game 4 or Game 6 (if there is one). He seems to feed off the fan support at home and does't perform as well on the road.
He feeds off the fans for sure, but before his knee troubles he was so awesome to watch during road games because he was the only one capable of single-handily taking over games.

diehard

Fleer
Darkman M said:
Paul is pretty grimey, just the guy the Lakers Need at PG.
He wouldn't look as good in the triangle, at least his stats wouldn't. He gets away with being good enough to possess the ball maybe moreso than any other player in the NBA, the triangle takes away from that.

cuevas said:
CP3 is a great bowler though.

24oskz8.png

SamuraiX-

Forceatowulf said:
This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen in the NBA. Chris Paul should just be ashamed of him self.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_obk6HhclJQ

smmfh

I'm usually the first to jump on CP3 when he's actin' a bitch, but there was nothing malicious here.

Either Paul tried to flop first, or Artest quickly pulled his leg back which was tangled with CP3's foot and then Paul tried to flop afterwards.

I don't see where Paul is trying to trip Artest anywhere in that video. More like he was just trying to exaggerate contact and get a flopping call.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
http://twitter.com/#!/JHarden13/status/61206207288983552

Does Harden visit GAF?

KingGondo, you've been exposed

thekad

Banned
Yeah, CP3 is probably one of the douchiest players in the league. Not on Fisher's level, but close.

Seems like an okay person, though.

Nobody should be surprised about CP3 being dirty. that's always been the case. Hell, he was suspended during the NCAA Tourney for punching/hitting some dude in the balls.

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:
Nobody should be surprised about CP3 being dirty. that's always been the case. Hell, he was suspended during the NCAA Tourney for punching/hitting some dude in the balls.
It was the ACC tourney, it was Julius Hodge, and he probably deserved it.

dIEHARD said:
It was the ACC tourney, it was Julius Hodge, and he probably deserved it.

Didn't he miss game 1 of the NCAA tourney for it, though? And then Wake Forest had to go to double or triple OT to win that game or some shit? I randomly remember this game because of where I was at the time.

I don't remember anything about Julius Hodge though, so I'll take your word for it.
3AQmK.gif

xnipx

Black Mamba said:
Didn't he miss game 1 of the NCAA tourney for it, though? And then Wake Forest had to go to double or triple OT to win that game or some shit? I randomly remember this game because of where I was at the time.

I don't remember anything about Julius Hodge though, so I'll take your word for it.
3AQmK.gif
According to CP3, hodge was making jokes about his grandfather that just passed

The pace of play in the regular season this year wasn't exactly frenetic, and it's slowed considerably in the postseason. The regular-season pace factor of 94.5 possessions per 48 minutes has slumped to just 90.6 in the playoffs, so we're losing nearly one trip per quarter.

On a per-possession basis, personal fouls are up about 10 percent from the regular season. Similarly, free throw attempts per field goal attempt have increased even more, from exactly .300 in the regular season to .345 in the playoffs. That may not seem like much, but actually it's huge -- for every 20 shot attempts we're seeing an extra free throw attempt, so in a typical game each side is getting nearly four extra shots from the line.

As a result, teams are shooting just 45.6 percent on 2-pointers, compared to 49 percent in the regular season. This isn't just from tough playoff defense, either, because if that was the case we'd see just as big a drop in 3-point accuracy. But on 3s, the league-wide 36.8 percent mark is actually slightly better than the regular-season performance. It's only inside the arc where the accuracy is down, presumably because many of the easiest shots have been replaced with free throws.

It seems like we see a lot more star players isolating in the postseason, and the expected results of that are fewer turnovers and fewer assists … which is exactly what we're getting thus far. Assists, in particular, are way down. In the regular season, 57.8 percent of buckets had a helping hand, but in the postseason thus far it's just 52.8 percent. Turnovers have also dropped, though not as drastically -- from 15.5 percent of possessions to 14.7 percent.

Scoring is an abysmal 88.3 points per game, but a lot of that drop is due to the slower pace. Offensive efficiency, however, is not as good as it was in the regular season. We've gone from 104.0 points per 100 possessions to only 102.8 in the playoffs.

some interesting playoff overall stats.

charsace

dIEHARD said:
He wouldn't look as good in the triangle, at least his stats wouldn't. He gets away with being good enough to possess the ball maybe moreso than any other player in the NBA, the triangle takes away from that.
He's the best pg in the league so he will look good no matter what. His jumper is money. Only Nash is a better shooter at the pg position.

dream

Thank you for going out of your way to answer my question, Sanjuro. I wish everyone was as classy and helpful as Celtic fans are.

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
He's the best pg in the league so he will look good no matter what. His jumper is money. Only Nash is a better shooter at the pg position.
He isnt the 2nd best shooter at PG but whatever, he is good.

Triple U

Banned
speaking of pgs

"We got the best closer in the world," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "And everybody knows it. And they know it. And we know it. And their coach knows it. And they say it, too. They have no problem saying it. And we all know it, so that's definitely gives confidence to our team."

"Right now, he is the best closer in the world," Bulls guard Kyle Korver said. "He wants the ball. He knows he can get a shot off. It doesn't matter what has happened the whole game. Great players are able to do that, come through when the team really needs you. And he's done that all year. He's He's hit so many big shots this year ... He's 22 years old. It's pretty special. I'm definitely glad he's on my team."

Triple U said:
speaking of pgs

I actually didn't like the body language and look of Rose going into that last shot(maybe he was just tired).

I still thought he was the go-to-guy.

Others were saying go to Korver but he was my second option.

The Pacers coach said they compromised their defense as they were worried about Korver.

Ooops.

DCX

DCX
dream said:
Thank you for going out of your way to answer my question, Sanjuro. I wish everyone was as classy and helpful as Celtic fans are.
you should know when your own team plays..especially in the playoffs...smh..plus a post on GAF=a search online for the answer...

DCX

dream

DCX said:
you should know when your own team plays..especially in the playoffs...smh..plus a post on GAF=a search online for the answer...

DCX

I really wish everyone was as classy and helpful as Celtic fans are.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"Legend has it Gary Payton, who vets say talked an endless stream of trash, once told Jordan that he drove a better car than MJ. 'The cars I got are just like yours,' Jordan replied. 'Except mine were free.'" Also, love this: "The Lakers aren't as good at it, but the defending champs have an edge over most other teams because Kobe can talk with the best of them while he lights you up and Ron Artest is just weird. One reason he's a great defender is he'll get way too close and whisper in your ear."
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=player_x&id=6396873

Zep

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, I suppose, seems like a nice guy but not sure if he's cut out to be a coach.

They were 20-18 after he took over supposedly though or something like that.

Even with Korver going off, you put yourself in a position to win the game and then stop what got you there. Great coaching!

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
Who is better than him besides Nash? Please don't say Deron because that hasn't been the case in like 3 seasons.
I was actually thinking Curry. Strangely enough if you go off pure stats Luke Ridnour is the best.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
charsace said:
Who is better than him besides Nash? Please don't say Deron because that hasn't been the case in like 3 seasons.

Well He certainly isn't at the top in both True Shooting percentage or effective shooting (Billups and Lawson respectively)

Zep said:
Even with Korver going off, you put yourself in a position to win the game and then stop what got you there. Great coaching!

That last ditch attempt by Granger was just terrible basketball, not sure if it was drawn up or Granger fucked up by being so deliberate.

He had a great game but the Bulls are arguably the best defensive team in basketball and haven't shown it this series that much but for one play, an obvious threepoint attempt???

When down by only 2???

That's fooling no one.

But yeah, you are talking about the defense on Rose, just led me to think about the Pacers last chance as far as the coach is concerned as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom