• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

"I felt good enough to play but I wasn't 100 percent," he said. "I just wanted to show some courage out there for the fans of New York. They deserved it and my teammates, also."

Thank you for giving the fans of New York the effort they deserved, Amare Stoudemire.

SamuraiX-

6W0qB.jpg

I don't remember Sylvester being such a bitch.

Cloudy

Banned
Nice to see pau realize it's the playoffs. Would be great if Phil leaves Blake in to finish the game. Fish makes it too easy for cp3

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how have the hornets won a game in this series? they have no one but paul who could be considered a decent NBA player. the rest of the guys on this team are horrible scrubs. lakers should be ashamed that it has even come to this
Ariza, Landry, okafor and jack are good.

Lamar getting picked on. lol. At least Kobe gave CP3 some of his own flopping medicine, though CP3 did push.

Lakers defense these past 2 games have been on point. Need to close this out then do it again.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they are all missing easy shots and looking like an unwiped ass on the court

Lakers have the best defensive team in the West, and it would be even better had Bynum factored into their numbers all season long.

This shouldn't be surprising. The Lakers defense is really really good when it's healthy and trying hard.

Carl Landry is good, but if he is your 2nd best player (and on a lot of nights for NOH he is) your team is going to suck ass. And the Hornets suck ass.

linsivvi

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He's not winning games for his team, I don't care about numbers and labels and style.

I don't hate Chris Paul, I just think he plays great basketball without anything to show for and much of it is his fault.

46 wins in the West with that roster is nothing to be ashamed of.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He's not winning games for his team, I don't care about numbers and labels and style.

I don't hate Chris Paul, I just think he plays great basketball without anything to show for and much of it is his fault.

He has never, not once in his career, had the kind of talent around him that surrounds Derrick Rose right now, yet he's made it to the semis in the West before.

SamuraiX- said:
He has never, not once in his career, had the kind of talent that surrounds Derrick Rose right now, yet he's made it to the semis in the West before.

Well, if he doesn't have the talent, then why try to facilitate so much when you yourself are passing up shots and the best option???

I think the Lakers forced CP3 to work so hard to get his first half points and without getting the rest of the team involved that he was gassed a bit in the 2nd and the rest of the team was completely out of rhythm. Even the baskets they made, some were difficult shots.

I liked that the Lakers maintained the lead from the beginning of the game and all the way through. Hornets never even got closer than 5. Controlled the entire game. that's how you handle lesser teams in the playoffs.

Game 4 will be tough. New Orleans will come out fast and furious in the 1st quarter. Lakers take that game and the series is over.

Also great that Pau found himself.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

lol are you for real? He's surrounded by trash. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a better career win percentage than your boy Rose, he's consistently been on good, winning teams. You act like he's Kevin Love on the 17 win TWolves or something.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Well, if he doesn't have the talent, then why try to facilitate so much when you yourself are passing up shots and the best option???

Please tell me you're not serious with this question.

The guy is a pass-first type of point guard. No matter how much shit there is that surrounds him, he'll always have that kind of mentality.

He can take over a game when it's necessary, but if nobody else is involved, he certainly can't do everything by himself. It's a team game and he has always understood that.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

You say it like it's so easy. Did you see the Lakers' defense? They went back to their hard-hedge style where the screener comes out hard on him.

You also have to throw in the fact that Paul CANNOT score in the paint because the Lakers are too big and he's too small, so everything has to come from mid-range. But with the Lakers showing so hard on the screens and also doubling him a lot in the wings where the baseline is a problem, it forces him to give up the rock.

Lakers defense deserve a lot of credit here. CP3 doesn't have the roster to use effectively when it's geared to stopping him. Kobe can pass out of a double and hit Pau, Lamar, Ron, or Blake who are all excellent distributors and good ball handlers. Who does CP3 have? Ariza's handles are weak and he can't distribute. Same with Bellinelli and Okafor weak all-around outside the paint. Landry maybe, but it's not his style, either. Only Jarret Jack but you give up a lot of size playing him and CP3 in the backcourt together. West was his only real pressure release.

CP3 is the best PG in the game. But it's very hard for him to go 20-12 with such a limited roster, offensively. Anyone else would be doing much worse.

SamuraiX- said:
Please tell me you're not serious with this question.

The guy is a pass-first type of point guard. No matter how much shit there is that surrounds him, he'll always have that kind of mentality.

Well, then his team has no chance.

He was more aggressive in game 1 and looksey what happened.

giri

SamuraiX- said:
He has never, not once in his career, had the kind of talent around him that surrounds Derrick Rose right now, yet he's made it to the semis in the West before.
Thats not entirely true. NOH just cheaped out and sent a lot of it away, and for nothing, i mean, the collison trade netted them NOTHING. Tyson Chandler got them okafor, but man, Tyson is looking great now. Tyson, west, CP3 wasn't terrible.

Ninja Scooter said:
lol are you for real? He's surrounded by trash. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a better career win percentage than your boy Rose, he's consistently been on good, winning teams. You act like he's Kevin Love on the 17 win TWolves or something.

Save your time, he's as much a bulls homer as pimp is a heat homer.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

He still had 22 & 8 this time around.

And I don't think you're giving the Lakers defense enough credit in this game.

SamuraiX- said:
He still had 22 & 8 this time around.

And I don't think you're giving the Lakers defense enough credit in this game.

Of course I do, this is the same defense(team) the Hornets faced in game 1 or maybe they Lakers didn't try to play it in that game???

Anyone knows the Lakers are a top 5 defense.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Dat reacquisition of Home Court Advantage! Game 1 was such a fucking fluke. An absolute perfect storm of shit for the Lakers. Nothing more, nothing less.

It does feel nice knowing the only way to beat the Lakers at home in the post-season is selling your soul to the fucking devil though. Too bad for the league he only charges 1 game per All-star Soul.

I really hope Dallas wins their series. Their bigs aren't nearly as aggressive and physical as NO's. And they don't play defense as well as NO either.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

he was not more aggressive. The Lakers switched instead of hedging. The result of numerous Pau or Bynum vs Cp3 situations. Cp3 can score on those all fucking game.

# of times that happened tonight? Once. And he scored on Bynum.

When it looked like it might happen, Fisher/Blake doubled to force the ball out. The Lakers defense is defending him differently after game 1. This is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom