• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

He has 0 assists so far.

Rondo had more assists (by far) in last night's triple double than Rose has had in this entire series.

Gigglepoo

Shit! Kurt Thomas is their scariest big man.

Zep said:
Which is surprising because I thought Indiana's big men were active enough to keep him from changing the game like that.

They've done a really good job so far this series. Indy's big men are active, but Noah is bigger and stronger.

Zep

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Shit! Kurt Thomas is their scariest big man.

They've done a really good job so far this series. Indy's big men are active, but Noah is bigger and stronger.

The one game at the end of the regular season where you guys beat chicago at home...They were flying around for rebounds. I haven't seen that in any of these games...Just Noah sitting under the rim waiting.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
This Pacers' team is pretty good, if Hibbert harnesses his potential, I could see them contending for the ECF.

They need a star. You can't win in the NBA without a crunch time scorer you can count on night in and night out. But they have some great pieces. Bird doesn't get nearly enough respect for what he's built here. Collison, Hibbert, George, Rush, and Psycho T are all really good, and all have played three seasons or less.

Gigglepoo said:
They need a star. You can't win in the NBA without a crunch time scorer you can count on night in and night out. But they have some great pieces. Bird doesn't get nearly enough respect for what he's built here. Collison, Hibbert, George, Rush, and Psycho T are all really good, and all have played three seasons or less.

Very true, which is why Hibbert needs to become a star for the Pacers to contend. Him becoming a 20-10 guy isn't that likely, but he has the physical tools, touch, and BBIQ to do it. Bird's definitely a great GM.

exarkun

There were some boos starting towards the end of that 15-1 run. How the FUCK can you travel for your team, they are up 3-0, and then you boo them when they are on the wrong end of the stick for once? Gross.

Bread

Banned
Straightballin said:
Rondo plays with 3 HOF who can hit a shot, where Rose has Boozer.
Yeah man it's just Rose and Boozer playing out there, no other teammates. It's getting really fucking annoying how you guys will not allow Rose to be knocked down a peg.

Gigglepoo said:
CP3 plays with a bunch of scrubs. Great PGs get the ball to their teammates in easy scoring position.

Have you watched the bulls this season? Missing open shots has been a constant for all of them.

Bread said:
Yeah man it's just Rose and Boozer playing out there, no other teammates. It's getting really fucking annoying how you guys will not allow Rose to be knocked down a peg.

Rose has played poorly this series, no one is going to deny that but the whole team has been shooting like shit. Korver and Deng are the only ones constantly draining shots.

Zep

Banned
Now just feed Hibbert for half of the 3rd to slow this down and see if they double. If they don't, he's playing like he can get high % shots no problems.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Bread said:

No, he would have a few if others could make a show. Korver came off of a few picks, Rose passed, he missed. Given to Boozer on the block, he's missed. That's why he's a point guard who leads the team like this. They are offensively challenged. Not to mention, the Pacers, collectively, I playing like a desperate team.

Doc Holliday said:
How is rose supposed to get assists when he's being trapped at half court most of the time?

This too, they are forcing others to beat them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
exarkun said:
There were some boos starting towards the end of that 15-1 run. How the FUCK can you travel for your team, they are up 3-0, and then you boo them when they are on the wrong end of the stick for once? Gross.

They brought Brooms!, Brrrooooommmmmssss for the swwwweeeeeppppp!!!!

clean+sweep.jpg

SamuraiX-

Good to see Indiana giving a shit despite being down 3-0. Nice close to the half.

Btw, does anyone else think that Roy Hibbert kind of resembles a black Cliff Curtis?

WvRC3.png
4knu6.jpg

Hard to find good pictures, but does anyone else see the resemblance? Hibbert always reminded me of someone and I finally pieced it together today. lol

thekad

Banned
Tom Penny said:
When Rose isn't getting his customary 15-20 FT's the Bulls don't look as good that's for sure.

They look bad even when he is living at the line. Heat/Celtics are going to shit on them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cloudy said:
Hey TNT assholes, the Bulls are down 16. Talk about the Pacers for once
Man, you really hate the Bulls, lol.

But nah, you're right about the halftime show. It's like the Bulls are winning to them (I wish!).

Doc Holliday said:
How is rose supposed to get assists when he's being trapped at half court most of the time?

I counted at least 4 times where he could have dished off to a teammate for a easy lay in but instead he chose to take a difficult shot.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Rather than boosting up the Indy plays and the D and traps they are doing to stop Chicago, they show the ankle twist and do a huge TitanTron with Kenny showing 1 fucking amazing dunk by D. Rose

They made it look like Chicago was up by 20 lol

Gigglepoo said:
Definitely. I'm not saying it's likely, but it could happen. Do you remember Wade in his second season? The Heat were playing the heavily favored Pacers and he went crazy. Vintage Wade. The Pacers still pulled out the series in six, but a lesser team could have failed. I could picture a scenario where a young player gets knocked down early and then unleashes the dragon in the next four games.

Well, this is why I asked if people thought it was possible. Curious to see what people think. My opinion is that I don't it can happen without an injury.

I do wonder if it will ever happen, though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I said it before, I didn't think the Bulls could make it to the finals, but I thought they would make it to the ECF.

Unfortunately, this game (which I thought they would lose), is making me doubt that too. They seem to have forgotten that it was their defense that got them this far, not a forced offense that doesn't work.

Gigglepoo

SoulPlaya said:
I said it before, I didn't think the Bulls could make it to the finals, but I thought they would make it to the ECF.

Unfortunately, this game (which I thought they would lose), is making me doubt that too. They seem to have forgotten that it was their defense that got them this far, not a forced offense that doesn't work.

They should be able to handle the Magic or Hawks. They're lucky there are only three good teams in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom