• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoulPlaya said:
I said it before, I didn't think the Bulls could make it to the finals, but I thought they would make it to the ECF.

Unfortunately, this game (which I thought they would lose), is making me doubt that too. They seem to have forgotten that it was their defense that got them this far, not a forced offense that doesn't work.

the pacers are shooting 42%. 55 points nearly halfway through the 3rd. It's not the defense that is the problem, it's the offense.

Not sure why Bogans is in when Chicago needs more scoring.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Gigglepoo said:
They should be able to handle the Magic or Hawks. They're lucky there are only three good teams in the East.
They should be if they get their confidence back in their defense, it's what allows them to come back, even when they're down big in a game.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Boozer's constant screaming must be a detriment. He screams about literally everything. It has to become white noise to refs at a certain point.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Black Mamba said:
the pacers are shooting 42%. 55 points nearly halfway through the 3rd. It's not the defense that is the problem, it's the offense.

Not sure why Bogans is in when Chicago needs more scoring.
I was talking about how they started the 3rd quarter. When they get down big, they can't just start jacking 3's.

dream said:
Stop ignoring me Mamba!

Didn't notice the page change-over!

33 points in the first half has to be a near record low for a playoff game, right? Mamba?

Fewest points, first half
23 - Phoenix at L.A. Lakers, May 16, 2000
24 - Portland at Utah, May 5, 1996

Fewest points, second half
23 - Utah at Chicago, June 7, 1999

Gigglepoo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Your sarcasm meter is busted.

Ha! I've been reading a lot of bad Rose defenses the last few days. I guess anyone using the "Rose has bad teammates defense" has no counter when you look at how good CP3 is with his supporting cast.

J2 Cool

Rodeo Clown said:
Boozer's constant screaming must be a detriment. He screams about literally everything. It has to become white noise to refs at a certain point.

"Grab that shit!"

Definitely don't think it's helping or motivating anyone to grab that shit.

J2 Cool

Rose needs to stop shooting threes. He hasn't been hitting them this series, and now lost some ankle support. Every one's hit front rim.

Gigglepoo said:
What about last year's Hawks/Magic?

That was a different kind of ugly. The Hawks layed down spread eagle and the Magic have their way.

I'm talking about an ugly performance from the winning team in a sweep.

SamuraiX-

Rose with the ever efficient 10 points on 16 shots and a -14 +/- rating (the lowest on the team) through three quarters.

M
V
P
!

Indiana with the LOL performance from the free throw line shooting 47.4%.

Gigglepoo

Price has been a revelation this series. Pacers have two legit PGs now. And Foster? I apologize for making fun of him the last few seasons.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've never seen a player get 2 3 point foul calls, it's fucking rare once, but twice?...I dare shudder, a thrice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom