• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

Ninja Scooter said:
SB-Shaq-Sits-R_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

:lol

Bread

Banned
peppermints said:
@MikeWellsNBAWord is security have been taking away brooms from Bulls fans trying to bring them into Conseco.

:/
Good, what asshole brings a broom into the opponent's arena?

giga

NEW YORK (April 23, 2011) ----- The Atlanta Hawks' Zaza Pachulia has been suspended one game without pay for headbutting Jason Richardson and fighting. Richardson was suspended one game without pay for shoving Pachulia in the face and fighting. The suspensions were announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Gigglepoo said:
How the heck are either of those flagrant fouls? The NBA is so weak these days.
I remember watching a game between the Pistons and Bulls from the 89 ECF and Jordan got hit on a dunk, and there was no call. The announcer said "You know the rule: no fracture, no foul." Hilarious 20 years later.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
dream said:
That sea of red is ridiculous. A lesser fanbase would beat those people into comas.

Bulls fan travel. In this particular case. Milwaukee = Chicago North, Indianapolis = Chicago South.

giga said:
NEW YORK (April 23, 2011) ----- The Atlanta Hawks' Zaza Pachulia has been suspended one game without pay for headbutting Jason Richardson and fighting. Richardson was suspended one game without pay for shoving Pachulia in the face and fighting. The suspensions were announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

That's so ridiculous. He got headbutted like 3 times and he's supposed to just stand there? At least he didn't knock his damn teeth out.

Anyone think anyone will ever come back down from 3-0 in the NBA?

I'm inclined to say no unless it's like a 4-5 or 3-6 series where the teams are close and the best player (or 2) go down and it fucks the team.

Gigglepoo

Dark FaZe said:
Pacers would win this series if it wasn't for Hibbert. He just isn't a very good player.

Crazy talk. Hibbert has turned into a legit scoring option and decent defensive presence, and he's only getting better.

Black Mamba said:

Of course someone will eventually. What if, just as an example, the first three games went down to the wire? With a couple lucky bounces the other way, the initial losers could turn into winners in a heartbeat.

Adrian Wojnarowski
The NBA has suspended Atlanta's Zaza Pachulia and Orlando's Jason Richardson for Game 4 on Sunday.

Of course someone will eventually. What if, just as an example, the first three games went down to the wire? With a couple lucky bounces the other way, the initial losers could turn into winners in a heartbeat.

So we're assuming a 50/50 in which case you win all 4 on 6.5% of the time. If it's a road game 7, the percentages drop dramatically for the final game. And honestly, if you're down 3-0, I think the percentages are no longer 50/50 because of psychological factors.

94-0 so far! I still think it would take a major injury that swings the complexion of the team.

Black Mamba said:

I'm inclined to say no unless it's like a 4-5 or 3-6 series where the teams are close and the best player (or 2) go down and it fucks the team.

They should just call a mercy rule when a team takes a 3-0 lead. It's pretty much a pointless exercise beyond that point. It's why I think we should go back to a 5 game series for the first round. At least in the later rounds, teams have a remote chance to come back from 3-0 or 3-1 to make the series competitive. But in the first round when a team takes a lead like that, it's always a snooze-fest. Just makes it more likely that good players will get injured or fatigued.

Hibbert is averaging 8 and 6 right now and the white knights are here to save him I guess. Cmon...dude isn't playing good basketball in this series.

And of course a lot of teams would take him because bigs are rare in this league.

Black Mamba said:

Rose is hurt so yes :p

SamuraiX-

Rose is injured.

Series over.

We're about to witness the first comeback from a 3-0 deficit in the history of the NBA.

My body is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom