• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jalen Rose saying what I was saying earlier - Dirk actually didn't touch the ball the last 2:45. Only 3 FGA in the 4th. Meanwhile, on the other end they simply allowed B Roy to play one on one all the way down the stretch. You cannot put the series in the hands of Jason Terry and Kidd, no matter how good they look early in games they've shown again and again over the last few years that they are not closers.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Boombloxer said:
Yep, the Mavs' commitment to defense makes them a different and dangerous team this year.
To be honest, LaMarcus has had the toughest time against the Mavs with Haywood on him. Haywood is just really strong and big and LaMarcus struggles posting him up. On the other hand, LaMarcus has made Chandler look like the scrub he is.

Pkaz01

CherryWoodFuton said:
As long as Cuban is the owner the Mavs aint winning shit
Cuban is a douche but how is it his fault? He spends a shit load of money on that team. They just have a shit coach and a team of chokers.

JoeFu

Banned
Pkaz01 said:
Cuban is a douche but how is it his fault? He spends a shit load of money on that team. They just have a shit coach and a team of chokers.

Because he has a big mouth and David Stern hates him.

Pkaz01

I don't see how Cuban is a bad owner he pays for the talent to sign, he accommodates all his players with what they need. The mavs just choke he cant go make clutch plays for them.

there are some bad owners in this league cuban isn't one of them.

Pkaz01 said:
I don't see how Cuban is a bad owner he pays for the talent to sign, he accommodates all his players with what they need. The mavs just choke he cant go make clutch plays for them.

there are some bad owners in this league cuban isn't one of them.

no doubt. With MLB taking over the Dodgers, I'd welcome Cuban as the owner with open arms. Cuban is a great owner, the team just has some flaws.

edit: man, spurs just look slow.

Zeke

these turn overs are so god damn bad its like the spurs don't fucking care way to play to your opponents level guys

Branduil

Black Mamba said:
no doubt. With MLB taking over the Dodgers, I'd welcome Cuban as the owner with open arms. Cuban is a great owner, the team just has some flaws.

edit: man, spurs just look slow.
He'd be fine in baseball where you can just throw money away without problems. In basketball, where you have to be smart about it, not so much.

reilo

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Fuuuuuuuuck Blazers came back from 23 points

Sounds like I missed a hell of a game
Just read Brandi's meltdowns. Almost as good.

Pkaz01

Seems to me Mav fans don't appreciate what they got. Hope Cuban sells the team to someone like Sarver then you will have an owner to complain about.

Branduil said:
He'd be fine in baseball where you can just throw money away without problems. In basketball, where you have to be smart about it, not so much.

Are you sure it isn't the other way around? You have a lot of teams toward the bottom of total salary dominating the late play-off games. (ie my Rangers last year)

The_Inquisitor said:
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? You have a lot of teams toward the bottom of total salary dominating the late play-off games. (ie my Rangers last year)

The Yankees and Red Sox are favorites every year.

As funny as the Lakers logo for Brandi is, I think this is more fitting.

6kU7Us.jpg

edit: Fans cheering Manu's elbow being hurt on that play. smh.

Pkaz01 said:
Randolph is a tank just rams his way in there.

When playing the Bulls, the Bulls announcer brought up a great point that Randolph thrives off of contact and that is his rhythm.

The Spurs shouldn't touch him, maybe he'll be confused.

Joking aside I think for the Mavs it's all psychological. I don't think they ever recovered from that super choke job in 07 where they got jobbed by the Warriors

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The Yankees and Red Sox are favorites every year.

Have you followed baseball this season? Red Sox had a HORRIBLE start. Granted it is still April, but clearly they didn't have the fantastic start everyone predicted. Yankees hasn't been to the WS since '09.

My point is that chemistry and luck are just as much a part of baseball as it is basketball. I see superstar players get traded in the NBA and make dramatic changes versus some moves I have seen in the MLB.

The_Inquisitor said:
Have you followed baseball this season? Red Sox had a HORRIBLE start. Granted it is still April, but clearly they didn't have the fantastic start everyone predicted. Yankees hasn't been to the WS since '09.

My point is that chemistry and luck are just as much a part of baseball as it is basketball. I see superstar players get traded in the NBA and make dramatic changes versus some moves I have seen in the MLB.

I should clarify, they are pre-season favorites every year.

Pkaz01

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
When playing the Bulls, the Bulls announcer brought up a great point that Randolph thrives off of contact and that is his rhythm.

The Spurs shouldn't touch him, maybe he'll be confused.
I think the grizz motivate him with a piece of bacon everytime he battles in the paint.

Duki

Banned
Black Mamba said:
As funny as the Lakers logo for Brandi is, I think this is more fitting.

6kU7Us.jpg

edit: Fans cheering Manu's elbow being hurt on that play. smh.
literally looks like an avatar brandi would actually have

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I should clarify, they are pre-season favorites every year.

That I can agree with. I agree money buys pitching 9/10. Pitching and defense win World Series so yes, the MLB isn't immune to money syndrome.

I think the Mavericks win game 4. Again what I am uncertain of is whether they can win at Portland in game 6.

exarkun

BATTIER!

He's like a new man with the Grizz. Im jealous, like a former lover. He's posting up, calling for the ball, playing defense without looking like he lost a step.

Damn.

reilo

@johnhollinger: Over final 12:45 of today's game, Brandon Roy's PER was 84.98

AShep said:
Late but don't worry Bulls fans, Rose had more assists than rebounds which is the most important thing, or something...

Bulls just need to ugly this series out, it will be worse as far as talent goes for them(tougher) from here on but I think the worst is behind them as far as their overall play is concerned.

numble

Why did the Rockets trade Battier when the New York Times had a 10 page essay about how Morey was a genius for getting him?

exarkun

Grizzlies are playing early 90's ball. Physical, post up basketball. Fuck yes.

And they are PICKING people's pockets right now. Spurs must hate themselves.

Edit: Morey though Battier was THE TRADE chip. But we lost Yao, so he settled picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom