• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
@johnhollinger: Over final 12:45 of today's game, Brandon Roy's PER was 84.98

Yeah, he was absolutely unstoppable. But the Mavs really needed to start double teaming him or play a zone to remove all the points in the paint he got.

Hind sight is 20/20 I suppose.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The_Inquisitor said:
Yeah, he was absolutely unstoppable. But the Mavs really needed to start double teaming him or play a zone to remove all the points in the paint he got.

Roy contributed 27 points in the fourth. 18pts his own, and 4 assists leading to 9 points.

exarkun

Zeke said:
I'm so sick if these tick tack fucking calls

There were one or two, but so far I think its been a well called game. Refs aren't really influencing anything, they are juts letting them play.

The_Inquisitor said:

The Mavs defense was terrible. Roy's defender would lead him to the lane time and time again, but nobody would rotate over or help giving him a free lane to the rim or to pull up and shoot a jumper. It was horrible defense. Mavs gave that game away.

dream

doq3xx_medium.gif

never forget

Pau against Randolph!!!!!!!

Or who would guard Zach????

Hmmmmm......

:lol

And this one's for Konex

Kobe currently sits in the 4th spot and will likely move past former teammate Shaquille O'Neal into 3rd sometime during the next round of the playoffs. Perhaps more interesting though is that Kobe has averaged 666 points in each of the last three playoff runs.

Given Kobe's position on the all-time playoff points list, it shouldn't be a surprise to see him near the top of the list for field goals or free throws. What may come as a surprise to many is his position on the list of three-point field goals made. Kobe currently sits tied in the #2 spot with the all-time regular season leader, Ray Allen.

As a result he's amassed a large number of steals and thus sits 8th on the all-time list.

Kobe has averaged 123 assists over each of the last three playoff runs. Another trip to the finals would probably yield another 110 assists this postseason and bring his total to around 1,074, which would launch him from #11 all-time all the way up to #4. The only players still ahead of him would be the trinity of arguably the top 3 point guards in history: Magic Johnson, John Stockton and Jason Kidd.

Ok, the 666 thing is a little weird. That said, for all-time playoff points leader, he needs two more deep runs. Not sure if he'll get that one. All-time threes either since all that Jesus does now. Won't catch Pippen for Steals, either.

And goddamn Grizz. 2 point game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom