• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has been a very poorly played game.
He's joined our side. I have a feeling tomorrow will be his first taste of what its like rooting for the lolakers.

I thought I already banished you to Hawk-age. Begone!

Celtics/Lakers 2011

BELIEVE

Oh Dream, I would love Lakers moving into the lead (well tie) against Boston for chips by beating them in the Finals in the rubber match.

xxxstylzxxx said:
It just kills me that Timofey Mozgov, supposedly the one player that Denver insisted on having in the Melo deal, can't even buy his way off the bench. Yet if he were still with the Knicks he would most definitely be the starting center while providing them with the interior defense and rebounding that they so desperately need. FUUUUUUUUU!!

If the 3 boards a game he put up as a Knick wouldn't swing that series, I don't know what would.

KingGondo

Banned
StickSoldier said:
Seattle really didn't support them very much at the time anyways.
They supported them about as much as could be expected considering the circumstances.

But it's pathetic nonetheless to see these former Sonics fans pay hundreds if not thousands just so they can feel better about themselves and "get the word out" about an issue nobody outside of Seattle gives a shit about.

Black Mamba said:
Oh Dream, I would love Lakers moving into the lead (well tie) against Boston for chips by beating them in the Finals in the rubber match.

Yes, back when the Czzz were piling up wins when there was like 8 teams in the entire league.

Since the merger, the Czzz have been a non-story outside 1981, 1984, 1986 and 2008.

Meanwhile, back at Laker headquarters...

ryutaro's mama said:
Yes, back when the Czzz were piling up wins when there was like 8 teams in the entire league.

Since the merger, the Czzz have been a non-story outside 1981, 1984, 1986 and 2008.

<3 Jerry West. We can thank him for Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq

Blackface

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Like the Bulls having to come back against a sub .500 team?

Or the Celtics need 2 game winning shots to beat a team whose second best player was Bill Walker?

It has more to do with the 4-8 teams being shit and Chicago not looking so hot. But hey, I know you're on the Lebron bandwagon. Enjoy it for about a month.

Regardless of records, nobody in the West looks like they can beat Boston, Miami or Chicago. The top teams in the west, have been playing like garbage. It's actually pretty fucking embarrassing.

I have been more impressed with the Blazers and Grizzlies then the Lakers, Spurs or Dallas.

The top teams in the west are just flat out looking weak as fuck compared to those in the East.

reilo said:
For reasons not clear, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban left his bench-area seat with less than a minute remaining in the game walked out of the inner-arena area.

While the teams huddled in timeout with 39.2 seconds remaining, Cuban walked past the media work room, staring ahead, head shaking. He then walked through a hallway door and into the Mavericks locker room, where he apparently watched the end of the game.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/mark-cuban-leaves-court-early.html

0042_chsp.gif

...and then proceeded to post on RealGM that he was becoming a Laker fan.

Sorry, they blocked GAF at work. Still catching up on my trolling.

numble

Blackface said:
Regardless of records, nobody in the West looks like they can beat Boston, Miami or Chicago. The top teams in the west, have been playing like garbage. It's actually pretty fucking embarrassing.

I have been more impressed with the Blazers and Grizzlies then the Lakers, Spurs or Dallas.

The top teams in the west are just flat out looking weak as fuck compared to those in the East.
Which games have you specifically watched?

dream

Blackface said:

Shoot me in the fucking head but I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Boston and Miami are doing what they're supposed to do. The Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs are just sort of fucking around.

KingGondo said:
They supported them about as much as could be expected considering the circumstances.

But it's pathetic nonetheless to see these former Sonics fans pay hundreds if not thousands just so they can feel better about themselves and "get the word out" about an issue nobody outside of Seattle gives a shit about.

Riotstarter.

Classy just like Mr. Stern.

KingGondo

Banned
seattle6418 said:
Riotstarter.

Classy just like Mr. Stern.
It's the truth.

I have a lot of empathy for how the whole thing went down and understand the implications for the league in terms of the modern business of the NBA.

But almost everybody in the league has moved on. Admit it. Seattle will get another team, and life will go on.

Boycotting Starbucks would be a more meaningful protest than buying front-row tickets to a playoff game.

Bread

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:

Yeah and you're including championships that weren't even won by an LA team. Nice!

TylerD

Denver doesn't have a chance in this series if they don't shoot better at the line.

I am pleased as punch to be up 7 at the half. :-D

Blackface said:

kobe.gif

KingGondo said:
It's the truth.

I have a lot of empathy for how the whole thing went down and understand the implications for the league in terms of the modern business of the NBA.

But almost everybody in the league has moved on. Admit it. Seattle will get another team, and life will go on.

Boycotting Starbucks would be a more meaningful protest than buying front-row tickets to a playoff game.

The point is, it´s a subject the NBA wants to hide, like it never happened. That leads to attention whoring, and trying to expose this to everybody outside the situation.

Sacramento fans know what´s up.

Small market cities should never get too confident that this is "none of their business". One day it´s Seattle, then New Orleans, Sacramento...

Your city (small market teams) could be next, and it´s a subject people should discuss more openly.

Blackface said:

LOL! Really now. Lakers pushed to a game 7 in the first round and who won the championship? OH YEA, the Lakers who beat a Celtics team that had eliminated the Heat in 5 games, then a Cavs team who beat the Bulls 4-1 in the first round, and finally the Magic. You are the most lol worthy poster in NBA-Age. It truly is an accomplishment how much drivel that you write. What is even funnier is that you believe your own drivel.

dream said:
Shoot me in the fucking head but I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Boston and Miami are doing what they're supposed to do. The Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs are just sort of fucking around.

Including current injuries, if you took the best players from the Knicks, 76ers, and Pacers to form one team, would they even be able to beat the Grizzlies? Blazers? Nuggets? Maybe the Hornets.

KingGondo

Banned
seattle6418 said:
The point is, it´s a subject the NBA wants to hide, like it never happened. That leads to attention whoring, and trying to expose this to everybody outside the situation.

Sacramento fans know what´s up.

Small market cities should never get too confident that this is "none of their business". One day it´s Seattle, then New Orleans, Sacramento...

Your city (small market teams) could be next, and it´s a subject people should discuss more openly.
I agree that it should be discussed more, but the guy with the cowbell is simply being a jackass.

Unfortunately, the little guy (in this case the fan) getting screwed by big companies/organizations is not something unique to the NBA.

Bread

Banned
Pickles the Firecat said:
Including current injuries, if you took the best players from the Knicks, 76ers, and Pacers to form one team, would they even be able to beat the Grizzlies? Blazers? Nuggets? Maybe the Hornets.
Is this a joke?

dream

Pickles the Firecat said:

Foster, Hansborough, Iguodala, Melo, and Turner = 60 win season.

linsivvi

Blackface said:
The West is awesome because all the "good" teams are turning out to be fucking garbage. Where in the East the good teams are cleaning up as they should.

The top seeds in the East are playing 4 teams that wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West. Meanwhile, the #9-#11 teams in the West would make the playoffs in the East.

Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom