• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

19Hvo.jpg

exarkun

viakado said:
you put michael in the 80's and i guarantee you he wouldn't even sniff top 10 greatest ever.
let's add another factor, you take out pippen and add another top 50 of all time and surely jordan again wouldn't sniff top 10 of all time.

You sexy bastard. I knew you loved pippen as much as I do.

thekad

Banned
viakado said:
you put michael in the 80's and i guarantee you he wouldn't even sniff top 10 greatest ever.
let's add another factor, you take out pippen and add another top 50 of all time and surely jordan again wouldn't sniff top 10 of all time.

Take Shaq & Pau off the Lakers and Kobe is Vince Carter.

viakado said:

zkshky.gif

exarkun said:
You sexy bastard. I knew you loved pippen as much as I do.
pippen made it farther in the playoffs without michael.
michael jordan never made it passed the first round without pippen.
so therefore, michael is Tmac without pippen.

Barrage

Without Shaq and Pau, Kobe never made it past the first round.

So Kobe is T-Mac, if T-Mac was sodomized regularly by Steve Nash.

Zep

Banned
So I was looking on my old hard-drive for a paper and found something called "wtf konex"...Well it turned out to be a music clip with konex singing LOL.

overcast

Damn the mood in this place is just negative. What I have collected from this page is that all of my favorite players of all time suck.. Did I miss anything?

snack

It was really negative a couple days ago after Portland overcame that huge deficit to beat the Mavs.

More negativity is expected.

overcast

snack said:
It was really negative a couple days ago after Portland overcame that huge deficit to beat the Mavs.

More negativity is expected.
That was classic though. Branduil was angry, and he was being taunted. By everybody.

giri

overcast said:
That was classic though. Branduil was angry, and he was being taunted. By everybody.
Eh, it was more, what the hell are people going to do?

That mavs team has injuries, but it also has contracts that are almost unmovable (their [cubans] own fault). With Caron, they get past this series easily. With out............ who knows. Most predicted this to be the upset series in the west (though i still say spurs are on their way out).

Blackface

Banned
viakado said:

If you put Pippen on the Lakers, Kobe would become Robin.

bionic77

Man I only get to see highlights of Laker games now, but damn if it doesn't suck seeing Kobe's powers start to fade.

And Gasol seems to be worthless without Kobe there to back him up. This is the Gasol we all remembered from Memphis.

On the bright side though, missing the game means also missing all the bullshit that follows any bad Kobe performance or lakers loss.

I will evangelize CP3 until people remember who he is again.

When he was healthy, he was unquestionably the best PG in the game. He had all the talent he has now AND god-tier speed to go with it. Now, he's a step or two slower, but he's much craftier - and he can still improve his already good shot to match as well.

I really wish his knees were an issue that can resolve themselves with rest, because after the lockout he could come right out of the gate killing people.

The Stealth Fox

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Healthy Deron is still better than healthy CP3
But they're never healthy so it doesn't matter

Incorrect. Healthy Deron is better than healthy CP3 when they play each other. When they play the rest of the league, it's the other way around.

Just like 2009 Kobe vs LeBron

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
captmcblack said:
I will evangelize CP3 until people remember who he is again.

When he was healthy, he was unquestionably the best PG in the game. He had all the talent he has now AND god-tier speed to go with it. Now, he's a step or two slower, but he's much craftier - and he can still improve his already good shot to match as well.

I really wish his knees were an issue that can resolve themselves with rest, because after the lockout he could come right out of the gate killing people.

As much as I enjoy Rose's finishing ability and athleticism, there's nothing like watching CP3 dismantle a defense with his court vision.

I'm still 100% grateful for Rose though. Beggars can't be choosers.

Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Andrew Bogut
Andrew Bynum

That was a terrible draft class for durability.

edit: Almost forgot Martell Webster, a guy so good that the Blazers traded the choice of Deron Williams or Chris Paul for him.

bionic77

Not to bust on the CP3 parade, but you guys do realize that he was playing against the Lakers poo poo platter of PGs? If a PG can't average 30ppg against the Lakers then he shouldn't be in the league.

I have no game left anymore and I am pretty sure I could get by Fish and the rest of our guys without much difficulty.

Not to say that CP3 isn't great, but lets not use this series as proof of that because the bar is too damn low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom