• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

spikemelorony_01a.jpg

unled1rl.jpg

DANTONI_01a.jpg

GONE FISHING.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SamuraiX- said:
I don't know how I could bring myself to look back at that draft if I was a Hawks fan.

I would do everything in my power to completely block it from memory.

But then again, if you guys picked up CP3 or D-Will, I doubt you would've finished bad enough to have still been in position to pick up Horford in 2007.
Portland skipped on CP3/Deron because they had Telfair :(

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Hinrich can't guard Rose for a whole game.

Seemed like earlier in the year, Hinrich was one of the only players that could actually stay with Rose but later in the year, it wasn't even close, Rose destroyed him.

On the Hawks, Hinrich shut down Rose in the first game. Second game, Rose clowned on him. Too small of a sample size.

Never underestimate the Wade Stopper.

SephCast said:
On the Hawks, Hinrich shut down Rose in the first game. Second game, Rose clowned on him. Too small of a sample size.

Never underestimate the Wade Stopper.

I just worry more about the talent of Al Horford and Joe Johnson.

Not so much Josh Smith, he played like Bosh against the Bulls but maybe he has pulled his head out of his ass and realized he's not a threepoint shooter.

reilo

Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez is changing representation. Fernandez has sent termination letters to Andy Miller and U1st agency of Spain and will now become a client of Spanish agent David Carro of Fair Play.
Looks like Rudy is serious about staying in Portland/NBA. His agents last summer created a giant turd of a storm.

reilo

Btw, I'm glad Kevin McHale was the one doing the commentary for the last two Blazers games. Dude must be sweating every time Roy's name gets dropped and he's praying that nobody mentions ***** ****.

reilo said:
Chris Paul never had a cast like Rose's?

Really? Did we all sleep through the 2008 season?

West ~= Boozer
Peja ~= White Deng (Peja shot 44% from three that year and 93% from freethrows, played 77 games)
Chandler ~= Noah
Pargo > Watson
Peterson ~= Korver (Morris shot 40% from three that year compared to Korver's 41% on less attempts)

I'm not saying Rose is better, but Paul's cast in 2008 wasn't any worse than what Rose is surrounded with today.
the fuck

boozer is better than west
peja can't defend, get to the line, or do anything but shoot 3s well by 2008
chandler, though I really like him, has an offensive game that consists of grabbing alley oops, and he super efficient for it. but noah is a better defender and can score more points as well.
pargo and watson... lol, I really don't care.

in addition, rose has a bench with Taj Gibson, Ronnie Brewer (can't shoot a J to save his life, but wonderful backdoor cuts, is active on the glass, defends well, and plays within his limits unlike a lot of players - very nice piece to have), Bogans (good in brief stints to hit 3s), and the ageless wonder Kurt Thomas (still playing solid D in backup minutes, rebounding the ball, and stretching the floor a bit).

Rose has by far the better supporting cast. His supporting cast + Thibodeau are why the Bulls are the number 1 defensive team in the league. And their defense is why they're the best team in the league.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
the fuck

chandler, though I really like him, has an offensive game that consists of grabbing alley oops, and he super efficient for it. but noah is a better defender and can score more points as well.

in addition, rose has a bench with Taj Gibson, Ronnie Brewer (can't shoot a J to save his life, but wonderful backdoor cuts, is active on the glass, defends well, and plays within his limits unlike a lot of players - very nice piece to have), Bogans (good in brief stints to hit 3s), and the ageless wonder Kurt Thomas (still playing solid D in backup minutes, rebounding the ball, and stretching the floor a bit).

Rose has by far the better supporting cast. His supporting cast + Thibodeau are why the Bulls are the number 1 defensive team in the league. And their defense is why they're the best team in the league.

don't forget all this happens out East, where you get to play teams like the Pacers in the playoffs while CP's run came at the height of the West's powers and they had to play a 50 win Mavs team in the 1st round, not a sub .500 shit Indy team.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
OpinionatedCyborg said:
the fuck

Whoa whoa whoa...you mean record-wise, right? Or do you actually think the Bulls are the best team in the league?

SephCast said:
Whoa whoa whoa...you mean record-wise, right? Or do you actually think the Bulls are the best team in the league?

If you go by the playoffs so far, the Celtics are the best team in the league and even they didn't play well every game.

And they played the Knicks!!!!!!!!!

reilo said:
Portland skipped on CP3/Deron because they had Telfair :(

When you can acquire a high school player with average athleticism who missed his entire Junior season due to injuries and has one identifiable basketball skill (Webster, shooting), you've got to do it.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
When you can acquire a high school player with average athleticism who missed his entire Junior season due to injuries and has one identifiable basketball skill (Webster, shooting), you've got to do it.
John Nash is a terrible person.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
the fuck

Not to mention the Bulls major strength lied in their bench. Hornets had a loltastic bench in 2008. And Deng is so much better than 2008 Peja. And the West that season was so much tougher.

Cubsfan23 said:
Dallas has zero chance of winning tonight

I believe the last 2 times a team gave up an 18 point 4th quarter lead, they won the next game and the series.

Blowing a huge lead and then winning the series is actually quite common. On one level we tend to think there's no way Dallas could recover from such a defeat. On the other level, all evidence seems to demonstrate there is no lasting effect from such defeats.

Of course, Dallas is a different breed when it comes to mental fortitude, so who knows.

SamuraiX-

I say this series goes to 7, and as much as I want Portland to win, I think Dallas will be the team going to the second round this coming Saturday.

SamuraiX-

Watching the replay of this Game 4 match up between Dallas and Portland.

Brandon Roy really was unstoppable for that entire 4th quarter. Dallas tried literally everyone on him.

Although it looks like Marion was on him only a couple of times.

The fact that Carlisle kept Stojakovic in for over half of the 4th quarter when they had a 20 point lead going into it was just terrible coaching.

Tom Penny

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
If you go by the playoffs so far, the Celtics are the best team in the league and even they didn't play well every game.

And they played the Knicks!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you can evaluate a team playing against a D-League roster.

reilo said:
Btw, I'm glad Kevin McHale was the one doing the commentary for the last two Blazers games. Dude must be sweating every time Roy's name gets dropped and he's praying that nobody mentions ***** ****.

The guy he's commentating with, Matt Devlin, is the regular Toronto pbp guy, and he's freaking hilarious off court. My friend has his #, I'm going to ask him to text Devlin and get him to namedrop ####. (If it was a Toronto game I know he'd totally do it, he trolls Leo Rautins all the time).

Zep

Banned
Just found it funny that he thinks Paul will be traded while the NBA is controlling them. Not a would they want to deal with that backlash.

Black Mamba said:
I like how you qualify an injury for billups as why it's a bad trade as if it isn't one on its face.
And Tom continues his stranglehold as the top troller. Its almost seems too easy for the guy.

Bread

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
You probably could have just linked to that whole forum. It's been one of the best reads on the internet for years, though the Isiah era was tops. That one admin had the glass half full even if the Garden was on fire.
Holy shit this place is a gold mine.

i will go on record and say i DO NOT want marc gasol here. for the simple fact that he's a chubby bastard and i've had it with those types of players.
This guy's a genius.

SamuraiX- said:
Watching the replay of this Game 4 match up between Dallas and Portland.

Brandon Roy really was unstoppable for that entire 4th quarter. Dallas tried literally everyone on him.

Although it looks like Marion was on him only a couple of times.

The fact that Carlisle kept Stojakovic in for over half of the 4th quarter when they had a 20 point lead going into it was just terrible coaching.

Tell me about it, I just don't see what the fuck the coaches were thinking by letting Roy shit on every Mav that tried to defend him. He didn't attempt to double Roy once on that game from what I remember.

snack

So far in the playoffs I've already heard two things that make me like Chris Paul more everyday.

1) when Trey Johnson (Lakers) was trying out for the Hornets in the summer, CP3 let him stay at his house.

2) Brad Rhoades, a kid from New Hamsphire, mom died in a snowmobile accident. Brad then went and scored 46 points in his basketball game to honor his mom, like chris did when he was a kid and his grandpa died at 61. CP3 then flew Brad out to New Orleans gave him a pair of his shoes and signed them, gave him a jersey, tickets to the game, and let him shoot around with him on Hornet court.

I have a so much respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom