• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

DMczaf said:
183053_10150098689328463_8245623462_6352584_5082024_n-e1297875491621.jpg
Which game is this at?

J2 Cool

Pkaz01 said:
The west is such a close call that they all feel like 4/5 games.

Yeah, but they don't have a traditional top team running on all cylinders this year. The Lakers just aren't kicking into that gear, or that series should have clearly been a runaway. Miami in the East looked the closest to rolling before their last (meaningless) loss. Top seeds lacking youth at the top of the West is balancing things out, along with the conference being generally very good.

xnipx said:
Hey at least the Spirs have 20+ 50 win seasons to be proud of right??
And 4 memorable championship runs to go with it. Thank you very much. A collapse this year doesn't take anything away from all the great things this team has given us fans. I still love the Spurs to death and always will.

Black Mamba said:
so much for Richard Jefferson's season long resurgence. He's been awful in the playoffs.

He played pretty decently for a fourth option in the first two games. I have no idea where the fuck he went too the last two games. Honestly, I think these are the top issues (in no order) that fucked us over this series:

1. Parker playing like ass (so many turnovers, so few field goals) and letting Conley outplay him.

2. Pop not developing Splitter and once again hoping Bonner shows up in the playoffs. Our defense was complete ass when Bonner was in because of all the rotations we had to do and the fucker didn't even space the floor for us on offense. Basically it was 4 on 5 for 20 minute stretches on both ends of the floor when he was there.

3. Manu has not been the same since the injury.

4. Grizzlies just wanted it more and played better defense.

Pkaz01

J2 Cool said:
Yeah, but they don't have a traditional top team running on all cylinders this year. The Lakers just aren't kicking into that gear, or that series should have clearly been a runaway. Miami in the East looked the closest to rolling before their last (meaningless) loss. Top seeds lacking youth at the top of the West is balancing things out, along with the conference being generally very good.
Yup but who knows how the eastern teams would do against the lower seeds of the west. I don't think there is any favorite in either conference this year. The Magic have gone to shit, the Heat have yet to prove themselves, the bulls are struggling against the pacers, only the Celtics have done better than expected but who knows how long that will last. Its just so hard to tell in the east because the lower seeds are so bad it doesnt get interesting until the eastern finals. Anything can happen in the west because from 1-8 there are good teams.

Changing of the guard in the NBA this year.

Boston-LAL finals last year was the final battle of the current legends. And an epic one, fittingly.

Let the new Legends emerge.

Man...maybe this really is the last year for SA/Dal/LAL with the current cores. Windows shutting all over the west coast, getting styled on by young guys with no knees. And no one has even seen OKC yet...

Mavs actually boarding like crazy tonight.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dirk: 11FTA
Chandler: 8FTA
Portland: 7FTA
Dallas: 26FTA

It's not even the fourth yet.

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
And 4 memorable championship runs to go with it. Thank you very much. A collapse this year doesn't take anything away from all the great things this team has given us fans. I still love the Spurs to death and always will.

Not to mention it was done in a small market. It has been an amazing run. I think we'll still be a really good team the next two years too. If there's a shortened season next year, that might also play into our favor.

As much trolling that's going on and will go on here about the Spurs, my reaction is Iaintevenmad.gif.

See Lakers? THAT'S how you go for the jugular on an inferior team.

Oh yeah, and there's this:

THE GRIZZ TANKED TO GET THE 5PUR5!!!

thekad

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Changing of the guard in the NBA this year.

Boston-LAL finals last year was the final battle of the current legends. And an epic one, fittingly.

Let the new Legends emerge.

OKC/Heat final would be fairly boring, I think. Best series is going to be a conference semi-finals this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom